DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I am very sorry to hear of your experiences. I have been with Dish sense their start. I agree recent months have been very ruff. My past experience with Dish is in the end they always made it right. I hope you can hang in there. Tech support is available by phone. Some Dish tech/engineers and customer service reps are here. What problems are you having? I am just a customer like you!
Thank you. Dont' get me started...again lol. I've literally had problems with equipment and services for going on 5+ years now. I've had countless techs come out, my H3 has been swapped numerous times, and tech support knows me by my nickname by now lol. Let's just say that they have failed me MISERABLY and I'm still here. I've been a customer for 15 years and if there was actually anything better, I would've kicked them to the curb years ago. Unfortunately, no one else comes close imo and that's a truly sad commentary.

It's the MultiView that keeps me here and it's also one of the biggest problems I'm having with this thing. I'm told by several techs that, because "the masses" aren't having a problem with it, it won't be addressed at all which sucks for those of us that use the H3 for ALL of it's features and not for just a DVR. Not too sure how long this is going to be sufficient for my remaining loyal because all of the other issues are mounting on top of that and I've really just about had all I can take.

This video is what literally just happened today smh!

• Sad
Reactions: Josephinelcajon
DISH ransomware breach
Mar. 9, 2023: DISH confirmed that its network outage was caused by a cybersecurity breach. On social media, DISH customers have reported being unable to send bill payments, contact customer service, watch TV shows, or access their accounts. In a statement, DISH said that the breach affected its internal communications systems, customer support centers, and websites.

If you’re a DISH customer experiencing any of these issues, your options at the moment are unfortunately limited. On Twitter, DISH confirmed that it won’t charge late fees or cancel service for customers during its site outage, but the TV provider is still working to get its internal systems back online.
It's beginning to look like Dish isn't going to be able to recover from this anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

I am starting to get very (mix of a lot of strong feelings) I do not nor ever probably know how disruptive this is too a company of this size. It must be so chaotic still. I think Dish truly meant what they posted but the system is continuing to do its job. I have not heard one say I paid my bill on time and shut off. Sounds more like they were already behind. And would have paid right before shut off but now cant. I can understand that. Regardless based on what Dish posted they should not be shut off. I feel for everyone in this mess even Dish. Its easy to point fingers and get mad. Lets ALL try and work together. Dish is probably gotten word of this and trying to correct it right in the middle of this mess. Dish desperately needs to communicate with each and every customer much much better with providing updates and ALL the information needed to pay their bills. NOT in weeks NOW or stop shutting off customers like you promised!

Has there been any statement from DISH (or other sources) as to what customer data the hackers got from the DISH system? Did they get credit card numbers and SSNs? Email addresses?

I think DISH at some point has to be up front with their customers as to what the hackers got so that customers can take the appropriate actions to protect themselves.
They may not know yet

One would reasonably think that after over two weeks Dish should be able to provide a general idea of when customers can expect service restoration. I can't imagine after more than two weeks they don't have at least an idea when they'll be back up and running.
Define up and running. We're doing installs, Trouble Calls and Upgrades. It's a little rudimentary, but every day, more and more is restored. Until today, we couldn't get a hit sent to a receiver. There's a line open for new customers. Dish can't process sales so the dreaded upsells are on hold for most techs.

My payment is possessing with my bank. They do show payment to Dish. Still not a single text, email or anything else from Dish to me directly about the issue or my payment. I would have really appreciated a direct email to me even if it's the same info as on the website.
I have seen very, very few emails to customers for any reason. That particular function is probably not back up yet

It is unexcusable that Dish has not communicated with its customers. No twitter, no email, no past due notice, no instructions, nada,zilch.
They have VERY LIMITED ability to take phone calls. Alerting 7.6 million people at once would crash the phone system. MANY people are not even aware anything happened yet because the things impacted haven't impacted THEM.

I noticed yesterday that my 2 AM update has been changed to 2 PM. Could this have to do with Dish being hacked?
No as my 1AM update only worked at the beginning in 2012 when I had DISH installed with the Hopper 1 but not sure when but at least with the Hopper H3 which replaced the Hopper 1 when I had upgraded in 2016 , it no longer used the update schedule and just does the updates whenever it feels like it with a message saying something is probably wrong after maybe 24-48 hours and then just reboots while it is recording.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Define up and running. We're doing installs, Trouble Calls and Upgrades. It's a little rudimentary, but every day, more and more is restored. Until today, we couldn't get a hit sent to a receiver. There's a line open for new customers. Dish can't process sales so the dreaded upsells are on hold for most techs.
Funny you should say that about the hits to the boxes because I was just installed on 2/13 and my H3 has just been rebooting whenever it felt like it, just out of nowhere. Well through talking to tech multiple times, the other day I remembered that when I moved the box out to attach the OTA tuner, the box rebooted. I didnt think much of it at the time, thought maybe I just jolted the HDD and the box rebooted to recover. However, at the time I was in the line with tech when this thought popped into my head and I just reached around and touched the power cord and voila... it started to reboot. So after determining that there was a short there, they sent a tech out to swap the H3. I asked then were they going to be able to activate the new box with everything going on and was told yes the back office can do it. So I let the tech come out on 3/7. When they got here I asked again were they going to be aqble to activate, and I was assured yes. I was told that they were doing them every couple of hours and so they swapped the H3, texted the box and card info to their boss and left saying it would be done in about 2 hours. Of course that did not happen. So on the phone I went just to keep getting told 2 hours. That was all day on 3/7. They kept saying they were resubmitting a ticket and it would be about 2 hours. This went throughout the next day, and the next. To this day (3/10) I still have no service because the box is not activated.

I REALLY would have preferred that they just tell me they could not get it done at this time, and I could have dealt with a 'rebooting' box until we would be able to swap out properly. I understand what is happening and the problems arising from it, but no need to keep telling me you can, when apparrently you cannot. Just tell me the truth and say you cant. Now instead of having some tv, I have absolutely none. WAY TO GO !!!!

At the least I would like to be able to access HBO MAX, but that would mean they need to get mydish.com up and running. I'm not certain mydish.com is one of their priorities right now. 2 1/2 weeks down with no expectation of recovery anytime soon.

You have to wonder, would it have been cheaper to just pay the ransom and then bring in all these professionals to plug the gaps and rid their network of the ransomware? At least they might have been up and running still with minimal interruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
You have to wonder, would it have been cheaper to just pay the ransom and then bring in all these professionals to plug the gaps and rid their network of the ransomware? At least they might have been up and running still with minimal interruption.

Absolutely not the way to go. Our county was hacked 6 years ago and refuesed to pay. They rebuilt everything from backups which took about 6-8 weeks.

Well, I know this is First World Problems and all, but I really want to listen to the Big Ten Tournament game with Purdue and Rutgers, but I have exceeded my Fox Sports App “free minutes” and have to authenticate with my Provider. Only that requires my credentials and they don’t work.

Dish may lose a 27-year customer over this. The CTO of Dish should be paying us for our loss of service since this happened on their watch.

Not happy…

Reactions: TheLip and Jim S.
I REALLY would have preferred that they just tell me they could not get it done at this time, and I could have dealt with a 'rebooting' box until we would be able to swap out properly. I understand what is happening and the problems arising from it, but no need to keep telling me you can, when apparrently you cannot. Just tell me the truth and say you cant. Now instead of having some tv, I have absolutely none. WAY TO GO !!!!
With no or very limited computer access the CSRS have a very limited scripts of advice to give.

Again I am sure DISH themselves cant wait until everything is back online.

Nope as you still have the security holes (and possible other unknown ones) sitting there waiting to be used again.

They could pay up and an hur later someone else could of brought them down or stold more data.

Funny you should say that about the hits to the boxes because I was just installed on 2/13 and my H3 has just been rebooting whenever it felt like it, just out of nowhere. Well through talking to tech multiple times, the other day I remembered that when I moved the box out to attach the OTA tuner, the box rebooted. I didnt think much of it at the time, thought maybe I just jolted the HDD and the box rebooted to recover. However, at the time I was in the line with tech when this thought popped into my head and I just reached around and touched the power cord and voila... it started to reboot. So after determining that there was a short there, they sent a tech out to swap the H3. I asked then were they going to be able to activate the new box with everything going on and was told yes the back office can do it. So I let the tech come out on 3/7. When they got here I asked again were they going to be aqble to activate, and I was assured yes. I was told that they were doing them every couple of hours and so they swapped the H3, texted the box and card info to their boss and left saying it would be done in about 2 hours. Of course that did not happen. So on the phone I went just to keep getting told 2 hours. That was all day on 3/7. They kept saying they were resubmitting a ticket and it would be about 2 hours. This went throughout the next day, and the next. To this day (3/10) I still have no service because the box is not activated.

What they've learned is that if there's a mistake in the process, or the box wasn't pulled in the tech's work order on his phone - which has been common, it just will NOT activate. I have a tech who installed one on the 24th, it was replaced several days later - along with everything else - and has never activated, I wish I had an answer as to why

Should the US negotiate with terrorists?

Payment question... my autopay is scheduled to be on the 7th of every month. I just checked my credit card statement online, and as of today (3/10) Dish has not processed my autopayment. If I am understanding the previous posts correctly, I am waiting for a paper copy of my bill in the mail, and then I will pay it with the link that Dish has setup?