DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I just got my bill too. And for those saying HBO Max access is a free benefit of subscribing to HBO, the bill would argue otherwise. As I’m being charged $16 for HBO Max not HBO. So the fact I haven’t been able to access it for 2+ weeks should warrant a credit on my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. The fee is for HBO Max content. I doubt anyone would be happy paying $16 month for the handful of HBO linear channels Dish carries. There were three times as many HBO channels on Spectrum when I had them albeit some were duplicates for different time zones. I also agree that Dish owes subscribers to any dish authorized streaming service which has been unavailable refunds.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I just got my bill too. And for those saying HBO Max access is a free benefit of subscribing to HBO, the bill would argue otherwise. As I’m being charged $16 for HBO Max not HBO. So the fact I haven’t been able to access it for 2+ weeks should warrant a credit on my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The monthly subscription to HBOMAX gives you access to the HBOMAX app, but you are paying Dish for the live channels. I doubt there will be a refund. That's why I've been saying (repeatedly) to pay HBOMAX directly through your app. The cost for ad-free is $15.99/month or $99/year. Pay HBOMAX directly for only $8.25 a month.

The monthly subscription to HBOMAX gives you access to the HBOMAX app, but you are paying Dish for the live channels. I doubt there will be a refund. That's why I've been saying (repeatedly) to pay HBOMAX directly through your app.
Nif I pay HBOMAX directly,
Will I still get the linear channels on the Hopper?
No. They are redundant. All of that programming is available on the app, any time, at a much higher quality, for only $8.25 a month when you pay $99 for an entire year.

Reactions: charlesrshell
NO you will not get any channels or be able to record them. With Dish you get live channels that you can record plus HBO on demand and access to the HBO app on your hopper and cell phone/tablet
Why would you need to record shows when they are available to stream in higher quality? You're paying $192 a year through Dish. Paying HBOMAX is only $99.

To save that favorite movie or show. Content is constantly removed from streaming services
I wouldn't say "constantly removed"... Some movies are in rotation, sure. But people subscribe to HBOMAX for the 20+ years of original content. I've been paying HBO directly for about 8 years and have never even noticed "missing" content. Save your money and pay HBOMAX directly. $8.25 a month.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Imagine your kids are hooked on a movie or its Christmas and you go to watch Home Alone except you are all alone because they decided to remove it and now your kids are screaming their heads off!

People complain about content being removed all the time!

I guess. Although Home Alone is owned by Disney, so it won't be coming back to HBOMAX. That movie is $3.99 on Youtube, though.

Dish is no doubt trying everything to resolve this as quickly as possible. They are also working with law enforcement who maybe directing them on what to say. Piss off a hacker and see what they do after taking down your entire system and probably has your entire customer list of personal information. No thank you!

I should clarify... HBOMAX is $99/year with ads, or $149.99 ad-free. Still, you get 2 months free if you pay HBOMAX yearly. I prefer the quality (both video and audio) using the app. And my HBOMAX app has worked flawlessly throughout this cyber attack on Dish.

Reactions: jannah
Imagine your kids are hooked on a movie or its Christmas and you go to watch Home Alone except you are all alone because they decided to remove it and now your kids are screaming their heads off!

People complain about content being removed all the time!

Content is removed from all services, linear and streaming because of right’s issues.

For example, new Universal movies used to premiere on HBO, now they are on Peacock.

Same for Fox movies, now on Disney/Hulu.

Since you brought up a older movie like Home Alone, how about Avatar, that used to be on HBO many years ago ( even before they were streaming), they lost the rights, now it is on Disney+.

Content is removed from all services, linear and streaming because of right’s issues.

For example, new Universal movies used to premiere on HBO, now they are on Peacock.

Same for Fox movies, now on Disney/Hulu.

Since you brought up a older movie like Home Alone, how about Avatar, that used to be on HBO many years ago ( even before they were streaming), they lost the rights, now it is on Disney+.
And Disney decided to remove it right before the release of the new movie. Same with Top Gun. So those wanting to Benge watch the entire series can't.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Its all-personal preference. Dish is simply offering more versatility for the extra you are paying and that is the ability to watch and record live. Or save and order just the streaming its as simple as that. No right or wrong to it