DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I am not too worried as the American Girl said a while back if you can use my credit to get anything then you have better luck than me! My entire income is SSD fully protected and guaranteed I typically have no more then $5.00. Within a hour of getting my SSD I have paid it out.

Most of the things when there are a data breach can be reassigned if there is a need except for the Social Security Number since you are stuck with the same number for life since there is no way to close the existing social security number and get a new one to prevent future identity theft risks should someone decide to use it. Looks like it's now possible to get a new Social Security Number but hopefully the government won't mess up the existing records and actually migrates it correctly. As for other things, it's only useful if one has good credit to begin with as two banks namely Citibank and JPMorgan Chase will not approve or consider one for a credit card if they have opened 5 or more credit cards within the last 24 months which results in an automatic denial of the credit application known as the 5/24 rule. As for other things, banks do not actually make the rules when it comes to Bill Pay and other things as it's usually something under the Federal Truth and Lending Act under Section Z which provides consumer protection.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes it would debit the next day and Dish notified me the following day so about 48 hours
Next day is only possible if it was autopay meaning the other side actually submits the request and pulls the payment as when you manually schedule it which is pushing the payment, it always requires 4 business days for the earliest available payment date unless one pays a fee for next day bill payment. The reason for pulling being next day is that the other side does not really know if the payment is good or not as your bank has up to 72 business hours/3 business days by law to reject the payment request.

Last edited:
Next day is only possible if it was autopay meaning the other side actually submits the request and pulls the payment as when you manually schedule it which is pushing the payment, it always requires 4 business days for the earliest available payment date.
If made today my payment would be received on Saturday but only because it is the weekend it would be Monday that Dish would receive my payment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-23 175033.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-23 175033.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 57
If made today my payment would be received on Saturday but only because it is the weekend it would be Monday that Dish would receive my payment.
Bank of America also receives my bill often before I do and in this month I still have not received my bill from Dish at all. Thanks to BofA I can pay onetime this month. I could set it for auto pay but my SSD payment sometimes comes before the 1st of the month such as this month its on the 31st.

I think it might have to do with if the receiver is actually someone already networked with them via e-payments as I just tried adding them with my account number without e-billing and it still pays on the next business day. Payment requests considered to be received the same day has to be scheduled by 5:00PM Eastern Time or else it will be considered a request received the next business day so if you did it 4 hours and 15 minutes ago at the latest, it would still be scheduled for tomorrow.

1679620652338.png

Bank of America also receives my bill often before I do and in this month I still have not received my bill from Dish at all. Thanks to BofA I can pay onetime this month. I could set it for auto pay but my SSD payment sometimes comes before the 1st of the month such as this month its on the 31st.
Usually it depends if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, then it will be received no later than the business day prior to that. Banks usually receives the payment way before the actual payment date except they won't post it as a pending transaction on your account until the day before the actual scheduled payment date. Atleast that's how it works with Social Security Payments as I have noticed.

I think it might have to do with if the receiver is actually someone already networked with them via e-payments as I just tried adding them with my account number without e-billing and it still pays on the next business day. Payment requests considered to be received the same day has to be scheduled by 5:00PM Eastern Time or else it will be considered a request received the next business day so if you did it 4 hours and 15 minutes ago at the latest, it would still be scheduled for tomorrow.

View attachment 161254
It is and verified meaning my first payment took longer than normal as they double checked now its fast.

Usually it depends if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, then it will be received no later than the business day prior to that. Banks usually receives the payment way before the actual payment date except they won't post it as a pending transaction on your account until the day before the actual scheduled payment date. Atleast that's how it works with Social Security Payments as I have noticed.

Attachments

• EN-05-10031-2023.pdf
    220.7 KB · Views: 96
It is and verified meaning my first payment took longer than normal as they double checked now its fast.
Actually, to be honest, if payment from a bank account was the only thing available, I would have done it on the payee's side instead because #1, the payment would be dated the same day you enter the payment request on DISH for example while the money would not leave your bank account at least 1 business day later so if you did the request after 8:00PM Eastern, then it will be at least two business days before you actually see the money drafted while on DISH's side, it will show the payment made and credited the same day before the money is actually received as that gives time to put money into the account if needed. The only reason I use a credit card is because it delays the payment which I pay anyway to the credit card company by 38 days and I also get 5% cash back so I am only in reality paying 95% of the amount on the bill which does add up especially with close to a $200.00 bill per month when the only channels I actually watch are just one channel on the $29.99 TVB Jade World Chinese International package and even those shows are watched at least 1 year later after it's recorded.

Actually, to be honest, if payment from a bank account was the only thing available, I would have done it on the payee's side instead because #1, the payment would be dated the same day you enter the payment request on DISH for example while the money would not leave your bank account at least 1 business day later so if you did the request after 8:00PM Eastern, then it will be at least two business days before you actually see the money drafted while on DISH's side, it will show the payment made and credited the same day before the money is actually received as that gives time to put money into the account if needed. The only reason I use a credit card is because it delays the payment which I pay anyway to the credit card company by 38 days and I also get 5% cash back so I am only in reality paying 95% of the amount on the bill which does add up especially with close to a $200.00 bill per month when the only channels I actually watch are just one channel on the $29.99 TVB Jade World Chinese International package and even those shows are watched at least 1 year later after it's recorded.
Usually I see my SSD at like 1130pm I stay up pay directly on each bills website then go to the store first thing in the morning. By noon my account it back to under $5.00 living in San Diego on SSD is near impossible!

Usually I see my SSD at like 1130pm I stay up pay directly on each bills website then go to the store first thing in the morning. By noon my account it back to under $5.00 living in San Diego on SSD is near impossible!
Usually banks don't show new things until 4AM California time for things like that. Living here in San Francisco for $5.00 is impossible. Just curious, under current DISH conditions, how were you able to verify that DISH actually confirmed payment as they don't have anything that shows the latest transactions on the account or the current balance. One thing I noticed even before the DISH hack was when one pays on mydish.com, the balance and payment does not show on the system until a few days later while using the MyDish app, the balance and payment transaction is updated in real time.

social security payment schedule for all types
For my parents or the only one living being my mom, it was always due the 3rd of the month. It seems it's only people who claimed their Social Security Benefits after May 1997 seems to have different days of the month for getting payment which is based on the day of the month of their birthday, otherwise for those who received payments as of May 1997 - Social Security is the 3rd of the month while Supplmental Security Income (SSI) is the first of the month.

Also 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) should be activated ...
Speaking of 2FA...
DISHAnywhere (DA) became available in my Web browser today, the first time since the hack. (There's no DA app on a Windows computer.) However, it's using a new 2FA login method that does not work well for me.

It never gives me a prompt for my password; instead, it asks for a 6 digit code it sends to my email. The code cannot be copied then pasted; I have to write it down then enter one digit at a time. Between that cumbersome procedure, and the email receipt delay, logging in can take minutes, and I miss the start of many programs. Other 2FA approaches, like the ones that use Authenticator programs, are much easier to use. Why can't I choose how I login?

I don't see a place in my settings where I can go back to my previous login procedure. In other words, the identity1.dishnetwork.com email/password technique is gone for me. Is anyone else seeing this too? If so, is anyone else struggling with this? It's bad enough that I might need to give up using DA. And DA is just about the only reason I stayed with DISH all these years,

Usually banks don't show new things until 4AM California time for things like that. Living here in San Francisco for $5.00 is impossible. Just curious, under current DISH conditions, how were you able to verify that DISH actually confirmed payment as they don't have anything that shows the latest transactions on the account or the current balance. One thing I noticed even before the DISH hack was when one pays on mydish.com, the balance and payment does not show on the system until a few days later while using the MyDish app, the balance and payment transaction is updated in real time.
It was my wording was not clear. I do not use bill pay often but when I do. Bank of America notifies me I scheduled a payment then confirms the payment was made the next day Dish confirms that payment BUT the balance does not reflect as you say for a day or two later. Dish will show the payment date that BofA made the payment to them. This was prior times

My last payment and as of today I have not received a single email or snail mail from Dish other than a service call confirmation. I got my account number from BofA bill pay and used it on the Dish payment page. I never received a confirmation from Dish. BofA confirmed my payment was made. I know it was received because BofA notified me of my new bill amount is correct. I will pay again through Dish.

My deposit is never later than 1201am but normally 1130pm the day before. Once and only once it was 1100pm and once it was late at like 0230am which had me in an absolute panic!

When I said $5.00 thats what I have left after paying all bills and food for the month. I set cash in a envelope for fresh food to buy two weeks later to last the second half of the month. I have heard crazy stories of cost of living up there! We are second highest in the state.

Speaking of 2FA...
DISHAnywhere (DA) became available in my Web browser today, the first time since the hack. (There's no DA app on a Windows computer.) However, it's using a new 2FA login method that does not work well for me.

It never gives me a prompt for my password; instead, it asks for a 6 digit code it sends to my email. The code cannot be copied then pasted; I have to write it down then enter one digit at a time. Between that cumbersome procedure, and the email receipt delay, logging in can take minutes, and I miss the start of many programs. Other 2FA approaches, like the ones that use Authenticator programs, are much easier to use. Why can't I choose how I login?

I don't see a place in my settings where I can go back to my previous login procedure. In other words, the identity1.dishnetwork.com email/password technique is gone for me. Is anyone else seeing this too? If so, is anyone else struggling with this? It's bad enough that I might need to give up using DA. And DA is just about the only reason I stayed with DISH all these years,
For me, I cleared the data for the app and when I run DA even a few weeks ago, it detects the local Hopper H3 which shows a code on the screen that one has to enter in the app and then DA works, the email/password method would have timed out after a few minutes. I am using DISH Anywhere on both iOS and the Android version of the app on both a Android phone and Windows 11 using Windows Subsystem for Android modified with Google Play Store and Magisk Root.

1679629927010.png

Last edited: