Dish had to be on the north side of our house?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Joe, congrats man. I purchased the dishpointer app to make sure I can get mine installed at my apartment. The tech comes Wednesday morning. Someone please tell me I used the app right and that this looks good? dp-2012-08-06_14-20-47-753.jpg

Joe, congrats man. I purchased the dishpointer app to make sure I can get mine installed at my apartment. The tech comes Wednesday morning. Someone please tell me I used the app right and that this looks good? View attachment 79863

That is it.......clear sky.......no problems.
Somehow, I would have expected the sats to array exactly opposite of the way they are seen in your picture. IF you are in Virginia.........it looks like you are sighting them from west of the array. Anyhow, bolt the mast to the rafter tail and run the cable to the ground block near the electric meter (the tech will know) and you are it.

Let us know how it goes...send a pic with the dish plz.

joe

Thanks for the reply Joe. I'll for sure post a pic. The way they are running is from S/SW to more SW. So 119 is the lowest and most SW of all Sats. I am aiming at about 205 degrees or so. 99 is highest in the sky. Yep, in Roanoke Va.

Thanks for the reply Joe. I'll for sure post a pic. The way they are running is from S/SW to more SW. So 119 is the lowest and most SW of all Sats. I am aiming at about 205 degrees or so. 99 is highest in the sky. Yep, in Roanoke Va.
Ok, Now I get it.....you are shooting from your apartment deck...........should work fine. My installer eye saw the house in from of your shot....dish could go there also. Those three birds at left are the ones you need. The 110 & 119 still have function but not everywhere.

Joe

Ok, Now I get it.....you are shooting from your apartment deck...........should work fine. My installer eye saw the house in from of your shot....dish could go there also. Those three birds at left are the ones you need. The 110 & 119 still have function but not everywhere.

Joe

Yep, on my deck, lol. Well I am going to ask them to attach it to the deck rail or put one of those tripods in that anchor to the rail. That's even better because the only sat that gave me real concern was 119. Those three I can hit with no problem. This is all sounding good.

Yep, on my deck, lol. Well I am going to ask them to attach it to the deck rail or put one of those tripods in that anchor to the rail. That's even better because the only sat that gave me real concern was 119. Those three I can hit with no problem. This is all sounding good.

With your local sd channels on 119, you will have to get an sl5 lnb setup if you are getting the install from Directv. If you use an independent, then you could use an sl3 lnb. It doesn't really matter since you know you have a good line of sight for 119.

Great news Joe! Did he use an sl3 or sl5 lnb? That is, do you have 110 and 119 on your signal strength screens?

The dish has a rectangular thing with one round white thing on it so I assume that's an sl3?

The signal strength setting shows two tuners, 99, 101, 103, SWM.

Hi,

We live in upstate New York state and I signed up for DirecTV last weekend. We live in a two story colonial and the back of the house faces within a few degrees of south. There are some trees but it seemed we would have a clear view.

When the installer came yesterday he said the dish would have to go on the north side of the house, the lower left front corner. That is just about surrounded by tall trees. I asked if there wasn't anywhere it could go on the back roof and he said no so I told him not to do the install.

I didn't want the dish on the north side of the house as that faces the road.

I was going to call DirecTV. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Which part of Upstate NY?....A zip code would help us help you immensely

Unfortunately, unless you get an in-house installer, installers aren't payed to consult. They get paid only for completed installations so as Joe the installer points out, subcontractors will probably walk away.

I take one look around the property after surveying the house lines of sight. If it looks like the shot won't last, it's a walk.
Can't spend too much time arguing with mother nature or an insisting customer.
If this OP wants to have trees cut, it's his call. One thing an installer should NEVER do is point out trees or a tree that needs to go. Too much liability.

Which part of Upstate NY?....A zip code would help us help you immensely

Did you read the thread? He has already gotten his install. The original post was two weeks ago.

Last edited:
dishcomm said:
I take one look around the property after surveying the house lines of sight. If it looks like the shot won't last, it's a walk.
Can't spend too much time arguing with mother nature or an insisting customer.
If this OP wants to have trees cut, it's his call. One thing an installer should NEVER do is point out trees or a tree that needs to go. Too much liability.

I'm going to sue you for telling me that tree needs topped!

Yeah, prove that one in court. No liability. I've had several customers have me come out when they have somebody out to top/cut trees so I can tell them what needs cleared out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts