DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My 612 and 722k still do a scan and keep old channels and you can add the one by one
Wow, I never knew that. When I had the 612, 722, and then 722K, I never had the OTA adapter, so I thought all Dish receivers acted the same way. Who would have thought that the older receivers would have a useful feature that the Hoppers do not have!

Except that it is impossible to scan and save channels from multiple directions, but that is a problem with all Dish Hoppers.
I fixed that for you. The ViP receivers do exactly what you want. There is one small glitch that I have noticed with the ViP series: sometimes when a scan finds a channel that barely comes in, it will remove that channel from the list, requiring you to do a re-scan (or manually add the channel) to get it back. Still, that is much better than deleting all channels that it does not find, the way the Hoppers do.

Wow, I never knew that. When I had the 612, 722, and then 722K, I never had the OTA adapter, so I thought all Dish receivers acted the same way. Who would have thought that the older receivers would have a useful feature that the Hoppers do not have!
The 612 and 722 (non-k) have the OTA tuner built-in. Of the ones you listed, only the 722k needs a module for OTA.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tell me the CUI allows "roll over" of setting timers on HWS #2 when all the tuners on HWS #1 are in use - and THEN I'll be mollified.

I get stations from 2 different markets. Image shows one example - WDTN is NBC in Dayton while WLWT is NBC from Cincinnati
IMG_20170527_155135.jpg

I get stations from 2 different markets. Image shows one example - WDTN is NBC in Dayton while WLWT is NBC from Cincinnati]
Please tell me how to scan and save stations from multiple directions with my Hopper (I have to rotate the antenna to at least 3 different directions in order to receive all of the OTA channels). Either I have to have an omni-directional antenna (stations are not strong enough), or I have to have several antennae pointing in different directions all hooked up at once (not practical). When I tried, there was no way to scan and save all the channels because all the previous channels are erased when doing a new scan, and there was no way to add a channel. Has that changed?

Reactions: pattykay
Please tell me how to scan...
Sorry, I kinda lead you on there.... Where we live is ~35 miles from the Cincinnati towers (most of them) and ~8 miles from the Dayton towers (all of them). I'm so close to Dayton's towers that I just point at the Cincinnati ones and still pick up the Dayton ones (at 100%).

I know that I'm 'lucky' in this regard.

Reactions: pattykay
Now that I have had the new CUI in my HWSs the last couple of days, can someone help me with the following? Thanks for your help.

1. In the schedule menu, when I click on a scheduled timer I cannot find the Edit Event selection.

2. In the Back Up Settings menu, I cannot find the last date and time that the remote and receiver was backed up.

3. Is the remote and receiver back up still done automatically once a week?

4. In the EHD I cannot find the option to list recordings by episode number.

5. I cannot find the Hopper DVR temps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)