DISH Hopper coming at CES ?

The engineers need a new job if they expect a customer to save weekly and not get annoyed. I'm almost positive itll bea drop down. Some thing like "save this one event" or "save all future reoccuring events" - something to that nature.
True, but with Dish I just can't make that assumption. :D

The engineers need a new job if they expect a customer to save weekly and not get annoyed. I'm almost positive itll bea drop down. Some thing like "save this one event" or "save all future reoccuring events" - something to that nature.

Maybe in the future it will but according to Scott in one of the many threads at release you will have to manually "save" any episodes you want saved past the 8 day.

I really would like to see the "save all future reoccuring events" drop down!

Do you think dish reads any of these forums and goes maybe thats a good idea!

DISH Hopper Demo - YouTube

I guess I must have misunderstood the word "anymore". I took that as "it won't be deleted after 8 days anymore". I really wouldnt understand why you would have to allocate an additional tuner to record a timer that will never deleted automatically. It just doesnt make sense. I mean, in the scenario that I want NCIS to never be deleted unless I choose, I would have to tie up another tuner or manually save every week. If this is true, it's stupid and hopefully they hear our feedback.

Okay but he just shows that its being recorded in the guide and that you can move one show to the my recordings which does answer our questions. NO it does not have a save all future recordings drop down at this point because it sure wasn't there when he did it. Maybe that will change by March.

Do they actually let real people play with these things first before releasing them because I've read like 20 things they are going to have fix so far. Just like they had to do last time with the previous box and they haven't even released the thing let.

Last edited:
Who says you can't have a normal timer for your prime time show, just like before. We only saw one small piece of the GUI for Primetime Anytime, I'm sure we will see more... SOON!!

I'm going to say one last thing and stop posting on the subject I just feel they should really try to get this one right and give us everything we want. Throw everything including the kitchen sink into this one. Most of us on here are probably early adopters of technology and expect the best that money can buy, and have the satellite bills to reflect this I know I do. I want the very best, I feel I deserve it for staying with them for so long. I just want what I pay for nothing more nothing less and have come to expect this from dish network they have always given me great service and quality boxes as well as great customer service.

I'm going to say one last thing and stop posting on the subject I just feel they should really try to get this one right and give us everything we want. Throw everything including the kitchen sink into this one. Most of us on here are probably early adopters of technology and expect the best that money can buy, and have the satellite bills to reflect this I know I do. I want the very best, I feel I deserve it for staying with them for so long. I just want what I pay for nothing more nothing less and have come to expect this from dish network they have always given me great service and quality boxes as well as great customer service.

Very well said.:)

Perhaps a super-secret SatGuys upgrade offer code via DIRT that only Pub members have access to. ;)

samedaysatellite said:
It's not there now but will be in the future. Don't know if it'll make initial release.

I wonder if we are going to have to be out of contract in order to upgrade or to get a reasonable (or competitive if you will) price. I upgraded to a 922 last February so I still have a year to go on my contract, but I would LOVE to get one of these when it comes out. I obviously have no problem with extending my contract.

What we really need is a "save all NEW events" option.

I wonder if we are going to have to be out of contract in order to upgrade or to get a reasonable (or competitive if you will) price. I upgraded to a 922 last February so I still have a year to go on my contract, but I would LOVE to get one of these when it comes out. I obviously have no problem with extending my contract.

As long as it has been 12 months since you've upgraded you should be able to upgrade to the Hopper. It doesn't sound like they are making any different rules for this receiver. Sounds like getting it as a new customer or upgrading to it will be similar to what the promotions are now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts