DISH Hopper coming at CES ?

Sounds like Sling is NOT built in as they mentioned adding a Sling Adapter to the setup to send content to other devices.

What I don't understand is how, with only 3 tuners can 4 different rooms watch live TV. Scott, can you ask them to clarify that statement?

What I don't understand is how, with only 3 tuners can 4 different rooms watch live TV. Scott, can you ask them to clarify that statement?

The assumption appears to be 2 primetime shows and the other 2 tuners. Since technically 4 shows are being recorded at once with prime time anytime, you could have 4 TVs watching prime time and be recording 2 other shows at the same time. They mentioned recording up to 6 shows at once, this would be how they would do it.

Once you realize they are capturing the contents of the locals transponder you understand how they get 6 shows at once.

I would need 2 kangaroos + 3 joeys to cover my house with sufficient tuners.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Maybe, it wasn't clear. Since they said four rooms could watch "live tv" it didn't seem to be tied to prime time anytime. Because that would limit live tv in four rooms to only 8-11 pm, clearly not what was stated.

Reading the Hopper web page, it seems like Prime Time Anytime is only for HD.

Or are they saying HD recording is not everywhere but they will record the Broadcast channels in SD if not in HD?

How do the joey's communicate with the main box? If I have three HD tv's in my house, I guess I would need the main box and 2 joeys?

Sounds like Sling is NOT built in as they mentioned adding a Sling Adapter to the setup to send content to other devices.
TV Everywhere

Customers can manage the Hopper via the Internet at www.DishOnline.com or the DISH Remote Access app, providing the ability to control DVR recordings on their tablets, smartphones and computers. Connecting the Hopper with DISH’s Sling® Adapter provides customers the ability to watch and control all live TV channels, PrimeTime Anytime programs and the DVR on their computer, tablet or smartphone wherever they go.

From the Dish press release.
m/press-releases/dish-introduces-hopper-and-joey-next-generation-nasdaq-dish-0838378

Last edited:
So in reality is this just a dual tuner with one tuner set up to record crappy locals? If I am watching Show A downstairs and my wife is watching some awful reality show upstairs will I be able to to pause mine and swap to the 3rd tuner like I do with my 922? I love being able to swap between the 2 tuners when watching multiple games.

What about pausing on the Joey's? I was about to move to DTV because I get super good deals through work but didn't like the idea that I can't just pause on the other TVs. I have to hit record to be able to pause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)