Dish In Albany GA

womboughjj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Albany, GA
How is it. I asked in the directtv forum and will ask here as I am on the fence on which one! Did anyone "move" to Atlanta and can you get the locals there in Albany. It looks like its on the line on the map for the spot beam. Also does it go out allot? I am looking for just the better one for HD now and in the future.

That is incorrect. Albany, GA is not in the Atlanta, GA DMA, so no the OP will not get Atlanta locals without "moving". Dish carries CBS, FOX, and NBC in HD from the Albany DMA. Since there is no ABC affliate in the Albany DMA, ABC is not carried. DirecTV does not carry any locals HD or SD for the Albany, GA DMA.

If the OP were to "move" to Tallahassee, FL then they would have the big 4 in HD with dish.

Dish

Indeed. I live about 15 miles east of Albany, GA. You will get NBC, CBS and FOX in HD. You will also get PBS in SD. You also will be eligible for the Superstation Pkg. which includes the nationwide superstations ( NY, Boston, LA, Chicago, Denver ) and, of course, you will receive WTBS out of Atlanta. With the use of an OTA antenna, you can probably receive the Tallahassee stations, which includes ABC ( I receive them here in Poulan with a set of amplified rabbit ears ). Dish is fantactic !! I have had it here for about 2 years now. There is very little down time due to the weather. The picture is wonderful ( especially the HD ). Dish does have more national HD channels than Directv, and has the locals here, which Directv does not. You won't be sorry for choosing Dish !!! @party

... With the use of an OTA antenna, you can probably receive the Tallahassee stations, which includes ABC ( I receive them here in Poulan with a set of amplified rabbit ears )....

What model of rabbit ears do you use? My friend is a couple miles nw of Albany and if he could get the Tallahassee ABC without setting up an antenna on his roof it would be great.

Hidefrev,
are you on Western Arc? I live in Warner Robins, and have issues with rain fade. It mostly happens if a bad storm is southwest of me a few miles. And I've noticed it doesn't have to be a bad storm but a LARGE rain cloud to my southwest.

Indeed. I live about 15 miles east of Albany, GA. You will get NBC, CBS and FOX in HD. You will also get PBS in SD. You also will be eligible for the Superstation Pkg. which includes the nationwide superstations ( NY, Boston, LA, Chicago, Denver ) and, of course, you will receive WTBS out of Atlanta. With the use of an OTA antenna, you can probably receive the Tallahassee stations, which includes ABC ( I receive them here in Poulan with a set of amplified rabbit ears ). Dish is fantactic !! I have had it here for about 2 years now. There is very little down time due to the weather. The picture is wonderful ( especially the HD ). Dish does have more national HD channels than Directv, and has the locals here, which Directv does not. You won't be sorry for choosing Dish !!! @party

+1 except CBS is only SD to my knowledge unless you can tell me what channel CBS-HD is on?

To the OP, Dish is great. Depending on exactly what zip you live in depends on what Directv locals you get. I'm in Lee Co so Directv could give me no locals. People I work with live south of Albany and they get Albany locals w/ Directv and they live farther than me, so its a crap shot on satellite locals imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)