Dish is forcing banner ads on premium channels.

The reason your not seeing it is because you dont have Platinum... they are doing this because most DISH customers do not know about all the extras they get with the Platinum pack... so DISH is trying to get people to use some of the features they are paying for. :)

I am confused at this statement.

I have a 722, TOP 250, no Platinum pack, Cinemax and Starz (free year) but I still get the banner ad on the bottom of the screen for DISH Online.

So which is it, you get the banner ad if you don't have Platinum or you get it if you do have Platinum or do you get it no matter what package you have?

I also have a 211 with EHD and no banner ads yet.

I think Scott made that statement when the loathsome banner ad was on the Epix channels only. My understanding is that you see the ad if you get the corresponding channel, and these include Cinemax/HBO and the Platinum package.

Just checked. All HBO and Cinemax channels show this banner, and all Platinum package channels (determined from memory) except Movieplex and HDnet show the banner.

Ads are taking over. I work for a transit agency and now they're asking me if ads on their web would work. Some others are already putting ads on their pages.

A few days ago my sister in law who has Dish asked about those ads. She wasn't happy. Told her Direct has them in their guide and Comcrap does too.

So Direct and Comcast having the adds makes it OK for Dish to have them. I don't see the logic. If you kill someone, then that should make it OK for me to kill someone. Right?

So Direct and Comcast having the adds makes it OK for Dish to have them. I don't see the logic. If you kill someone, then that should make it OK for me to kill someone. Right?

To make an analogy like that the items or circumstances have to be the same. You are comparing something illegal with something legal. Also your premise isn't what is being said. At times it feels like Dish is the only one doing what it being complained about. It doesn't hurt to remind us sometimes that we may not like something, but go somewhere else and you will get the same thing.

But it would be a selling point for Dish -- the only provider that didn't make your screen look like something from Max Headroom. Anybody remember Max Headroom?

maxheadroom.jpg

I wouldn't mind 'em so much if Dish Online actually worked worth a damn. Sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't for me. Stops, starts, freezes, etc. Great PQ WHEN it does work.......Sure hope they get the bugs out eventually.

Ed

Disgusting and reprehensible. I do mind them. I do not have to explain why. I just do mind them. ron

Okay... after days of seeing this ad it has been burned on my screen and retinas. I noticed this SPAM started popping up on the screen right about the same time as I noticed the new software hit my 622. I am not saying it is part of the new software, but this is when i started seeing the banner/ads/promotions/notification.

The question is: How do I disable this spam, from my 622? (Eastern Arc)

I do not watch TV on my computer, though if they come up with a ROKU channel I would be all over that!

The SPAM show up on IndiePlex, RetroPlex, Epix1, 2 (not 3), MGM, HBO (all of them), Cinemax (All of them), MavTV, HD Theater, Universal HD, CI, Paladia, Centric, Logo, FTV, Shorts, HDNet Movies, SMC, Pixl, Sundance (389--not 332), WFN.

I thought for sure I saw this stuff on Starz as well but not right now.

The question is: How do I disable this spam, from my 622? (Eastern Arc) I do not watch TV on my computer...
Neither do I; this annoying pop-up accomplishes nothing but... Annoying customers. I don't think there is any way to disable it.

Have "Everything Pack" and "Platinum Pack". These ads are annoying, especially on the premium channels. Is this just the beginning? Anyway, have been looking to replace my 5 year old 50" Samsung plasma. The ad display is the straw that broke the camel's back. So ordered a Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT30. It has access to a bunch of online media. Have Comcast Blast tier internet. TV is scheduled to be delivered on 7/1. Going to give them a try. Will weigh cost and service. Maybe I'll leave Dish. Maybe not.

I have 722k w/banner and enhancements turned OFF and I get the same popup messages. Very annoying! If they want to promote it, it should be in the 'screen saver' banners that flash on the screen when the receiver is in standby. ...and maybe a note in the bill about the new feature.

I have 722k w/banner and enhancements turned OFF and I get the same popup messages. Very annoying! If they want to promote it, it should be in the 'screen saver' banners that flash on the screen when the receiver is in standby. ...and maybe a note in the bill about the new feature.
Exactly, as I said before there are numerous ways to 'notify' us of spam... errr features I mean. Heck they can even have it appear only once on the banners and then not show again. Now my wife is bugging me about why they are there. I pay $140/month and for that amount I don't need the spam. I see enough ads and commercials on my TV and it's unacceptable on the banner when I am changing the damn channel, I don't care if it's there for 1 second or 5 minutes.

Jay

So Direct and Comcast having the adds makes it OK for Dish to have them. I don't see the logic.
Make it OK ? No one said that.... From Dish's standpoint though, a customer can't say "screw you, Dish, I hate these ads. I'm canceling and switching to Directv!" :D

tedb3rd said:
That is a great suggestion. But then it just occurred to me that it could already be in that screensaver message, but I wouldn't know as I don't read the screensaver. You do bring up another possibility. When the screensaver is turned off and a person starts watching Dish Network, the banner could pop up then, and only then.

Of course, there would still be people complaining as if Charlie Ergen had just egged their car.

I don 't need the pop up any longer, yesterday I received snail mail from Dish telling me all about DIshonline, turn it off.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)