Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® LAUNCHES FOUR MORE REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORKS IN HIGH DEFINITION

Move Solidifies DISH Network’s Position as the Leading Provider of HD Programming

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – September 26, 2007 – DISH Network®, home of the best sports and movies in HD as well as the best HD DVR in the industry, announced today the launch of four regional sports networks in high definition (HD).

The four regional sports networks now featuring game-only HD content on DISH Network are:

· Altitude Sports and Entertainment (ch. 360), known as the television home of the Denver Nuggets and the Colorado Avalanche;

· Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic (ch. 374), providing extensive coverage of professional teams from Washington, D.C.;

· Comcast Sports Net West (ch. 359), featuring Sacramento Kings basketball; and

· FOX Sports Ohio (ch. 375), delivering coverage of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Columbus Blue Jackets.

“HD programming is of particular interest to sports fans as it offers the exceptional graphic picture quality and stunning surround sound that best replicate live games,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Combine our industry-leading programming with our widely acclaimed HD DVRs and no one else provides a better total viewing experience, always offered through DISH Network at a great price.”

With the four HD regional sports networks, DISH Network, the leader in high definition, offers 74 HD channels including 40 national HD channels – the most in the industry.

For more information about DISH Network and the best in HD, call

1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit www.dishnetwork.com or contact a local DISH Network retailer.

About EchoStar Communications Corporation

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) has been a leader for more than 26 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. The Company's DISH Network is the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in the country since 2000 and currently serves more than 13.585 million satellite TV customers. DISH Network offers a premier line of industry-leading Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) and hundreds of video and audio channels as well as the most national HD and International channels in the U.S., Interactive TV, Latino and sports programming. DISH Network also provides a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America and the DishDVR Advantage Package. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit www.echostar.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

Yeah like how Dish is including the RSN's in their number count just like Direct is. Thats why you always count what channels they are including in their total number of channels. But Dish needs to get CNN,TBS,Weather Channel up in HD when they can and TMC HD channel when they can there is only a few that Direct added that Dish did not already have. Overall its getting back to where all TV Providers will offer about the same as far HD Channel Lineup. If will fall back on things like pricing and who hardware is better so forth.

I still don't like Dish Networks Bogus channels counts.

Channels are ones that broadcast 24 / 7 not some part time, gametime only broadcasts.

It's smoke and mirror games.

No matter who started it, its still stupid.

Only count NATIONAL 24/7 channels. Not the part time crap and PPV channels.

No matter who started it, its still stupid.

Only count NATIONAL 24/7 channels. Not the part time crap and PPV channels.

Yeah I agree Scott! I kind of wish Dish would have saved some space on those 9 HDPPV Channels for National HD Channels instead.

Poke, I have to ask, do you still consider Dish the HD leader?

Yes due to I think they approach HD better than anyone else out there. In the long run like I have said every TV Service Providers will be able to carry HD Channels as they become available. So right not its a number race but I see things stay close as far who has how many HD Channels so forth. When its all said done Dish and Direct will carry all of the main National HD Channels just like they do with the SD Version of the channels. We are heading in the direction that we will be back to one format which will be everything HD bye bye to SD. Not anytime soon but the quicker National Networks get their HD Version of their channel up the better it is for everyone and the sooner we will be to all HD. Anyway just my 2 cents. :)

Wow! Now THAT I like. :)

Definitely reaffirms the statement, "if it wasn't for the Voom channels, Dish would be behind D*".
I think the best part about the voom channels would be that they have few if any commercials during the shows and no kaboom guy! you got to be quick with the skip or pause button on some of the lastest additions. no matter what High Def commercials are still commercials.

*sigh* I keep hoping they will add the multi-plex movie channels, or at least RSN's that I care about (NESN, FSN NY, MSG, CSN Philly), but I guess I will have to keep waiting. Scott, when will they start adding the HD movie channel multi-plexes?