Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!

Just sent my email off to them. I received a reply back within a few minutes from the 'Dish Network Quality Assurance Team' that was the same canned one everyone else was receiving before. I hope to get something else more detailed.

This really sucks since I just had E* installed a couple weeks ago and decided on them over D* and cable because of the reputation for better PQ ! And also the fact that I was an old Voomer who enjoyed the programming way back when I had it.

I recived this letter from the voom offices today from ANON! , and Im going to share with you all :)

Dear xxxxxxx

Thanks for writing regarding the signal quality of the VOOM channels. I am copying XXXX XXXX at Echostar to inform him of your concerns. Since my understanding is that the issue you raise involves transmission from the Dish Network rather than what we originate from VOOM, I suggest you communicate your thoughts directly to XXX.

Best regards,

XXXX XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post names and contact information for employees of companies they have not made public themselves, that is disrespectful to their job.

Glad I got a nice professional email off to him before it was cleared ;), I mentioned nothing but my name and the reason us HD subs are up in arms is because this recent move does not match Dish's long history of Above-Par HD treatment

I will keep the reply to myself

-Gary

Add my e-mail response to the queue...

"We have heard from you as well as many others off the talk forums the past few days as to everyone's recent dissatisfaction with the VOOM/HD channels. DISH is most certainly aware of your concerns and have meetings scheduled over the next few days to discuss this topic. This will not happen overnight. We ask for your patience while we attack this issue."

Last edited:
Well I'm new to the group, as you can see in Chit Chat, but I will not blow my money on an inferior product so DN will not get any money from me for their substandard transmissions.. I will still buy my HDTV and enjoy the local OTA and be done with it..

Life is good... ;) Having choices are good also ;) ;)

God I wish dish would put the HD back. I justh ope the fact that I have the 61.5 orbital install schedualed for the 21st of this month its not a waste now. I guess I have to say that I did it just hoping the HD DNS would be coming along soon. I didnt care about Voom tbh. Oh well.

Slight rant ON
I don't post terribly often but issues like this get me going (I sent my thoughts to Dish..add comments as necessary on the board..). I just want to acknowledge a known annoyance with "that other DBS site". In their parallel discussion thread about this issue, it seems more folk over there are just arguing that this downrezzing is not a big deal and those of use concerned are blowing it out of proportion. I have no clue why they are willing to accept essentially being cheated out of the product they're paying for without a fight, but that seems to be the case for many posters over there. I'm not interested posting info around their arguments.
Scott, thanks again for getting this site running...its a relief to be able to attack issues like this with people who really care about making a difference.
Slight rant OFF

It would happen over night if everyone dropped the Voom channels. IMO you will just get double speak until then. Eventually they will stop reading the emails and point to Directv where the issue has "blown over". If you care then hit them with something they will understand. Money.

Sean Mota, you almost quit Voom once because of PQ issues. 1280x 1080i is far worse than the resolution we ever got with Voom. When are you quitting???

Last edited:
It is my hope that Dish Network will indeed up the resolution to the maximum 1920x1080i. I do believe that picture quality does matter to them! After all the other HD has not been down res-ed.
Yet, I have been wondering what might be the constraints to their going to full resolution, besides their wanting to put on more channels per satellite, even though this is a valid consideration.
The only thing that I can think of would be the limitations presented to Dish Network, because of the poor shape of the 129 satellite. Now, here is my question that some of you might be able to help me in understanding. Can the 129 satellite hold all 21 VOOM Channels at full resolution and not be crippled in doing so? Or will that just be too much for Ol' 129?

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I live in Florida and I have Adelphia cable with the HD package. I know Direct TV and Dish Network are HD Lite. Is Adelphia true HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)