Dish Network Being Human

CharlesH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
NC
Did anyone enter the Being Human contest on the Dish Network website after the show last night? At 10pm, when the show ended, the counteddown to the question went from 0 back to 6+ days. At 11pm, the question came up but the answer I selected (which was correct) was wrong according to the site. Then early this morning, my same answer was correct but I was to late for a chance at an iPod nano.

I was in last night when that happened, we got a lot of tweets about it. There was an issue with it last night, but hopefully it's been corrected. However, you have been submitted for the grand prize.

I was in last night when that happened, we got a lot of tweets about it. There was an issue with it last night, but hopefully it's been corrected. However, you have been submitted for the grand prize.
What is it with DISH? They just can't ever get anything right. It's like dealing with the Tijuana version. Will DISH ever be just THERE as one would expect it to?

So, who gets submitted for the grand prize? I watched the show. Waited until the time. Tried to enter. Waited around for 15 minutes until I realized the site wasn't going to allow it. I tweeted to dishnetwork about this failure. Then I moved on with my day.

The next morning I checked again and it was working. So, I submitted and was told I wasn't one of the first 50 because I didn't answer early enough. Even though I was on the site at the right time. It would be one thing to have a denial of service because the server got overloaded, it's another to have the competition not work at all.

This really makes me wonder about the fairness of this contest.

So, who won the free Ipods for being one of the first 50 to enter? What time did they enter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)