Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK, COMCAST SPORTSNET CALIFORNIA REACH CARRIAGE AGREEMENT

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., and PHILADELPHIA – Feb. 3, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. and Comcast Sports Group have reached a carriage agreement to return Comcast SportsNet California to the DISH Network lineup. The companies also agreed to terminate all pending arbitration proceedings at the Federal Communications Commission.

“We are pleased we have reached a fair deal with Comcast SportsNet California to restore its coverage of the Sacramento Kings, San Jose Sharks, Oakland A’s and other sporting events to our customers. DISH Network will continue to work hard to offer the best value and experience in pay television,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming at DISH Network.

“DISH Network is an important distribution partner, and this agreement ensures that DISH Network customers receive the best local sports programming in Northern California,” said Comcast Sports Group President Jon Litner.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Terminate all pending arbitration... I wonder what that means for the other CSNs that are currently without a contract. Strange to see an announcement for just the one channel and not all the CSNs that are being transmitted despite being out of contract.

This gives me some hope that maybe someday in the future, the sat co's will reach an agreement for CSN Philly.

Has anyone looked into the merger conditions that were imposed on NBC-Comcast in detail? I vaguely recall there being a discussion that they might be obligated to make all their channels available to dish companies at fair market rates, though I am not sure whether that made it into the final agreement or not, and, if so, what the final language was and whether or not it would apply to the CSN Philly situation.

Terminate all pending arbitration... I wonder what that means for the other CSNs that are currently without a contract. Strange to see an announcement for just the one channel and not all the CSNs that are being transmitted despite being out of contract.
Well, let's just hope the recent increase covers that as well.

DISH NETWORK, COMCAST SPORTSNET CALIFORNIA REACH CARRIAGE AGREEMENT

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., and PHILADELPHIA – Feb. 3, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. and Comcast Sports Group have reached a carriage agreement to return Comcast SportsNet California to the DISH Network lineup. The companies also agreed to terminate all pending arbitration proceedings at the Federal Communications Commission.

“We are pleased we have reached a fair deal with Comcast SportsNet California to restore its coverage of the Sacramento Kings, San Jose Sharks, Oakland A’s and other sporting events to our customers. DISH Network will continue to work hard to offer the best value and experience in pay television,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming at DISH Network.

“DISH Network is an important distribution partner, and this agreement ensures that DISH Network customers receive the best local sports programming in Northern California,” said Comcast Sports Group President Jon Litner.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

I wonder what the likelihood is that they can reach a deal to show CSN Northwest next? I would love to be able to start seeing Oregon Ducks basketball and football.

:dev Now I know why it's been so cold, Hell has frozen over :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)