DISH NETWORK EXPANDS LOCAL HIGH DEFINITION MARKETS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why hassle with the HD locals from dish when a wing dish is needed. If you have a Vip receiver use the offair Hd tuner. Why pay $60 or extend your commitment to 24 months. when there is no channel 6, PBS or KXVO. If dish want to advertise locals in HD they should have ALL AVAILABLE channels uplinked and available

Why hassle with the HD locals from dish when a wing dish is needed. If you have a Vip receiver use the offair Hd tuner. Why pay $60 or extend your commitment to 24 months. when there is no channel 6, PBS or KXVO. If dish want to advertise locals in HD they should have ALL AVAILABLE channels uplinked and available

True...but even with OTA (which is a great picture, btw, from both Lincoln and Omaha), I still would like to have the option of recording two shows at a time on my 722. Right now, I can record one in HD (OTA), and one is SD (satellite). Call me spoiled, but I'd rather have them both in HD if I can do so for minimal cost to me...which I can in this case.

Of course, I do wish that they had all local channels in HD, and I expect they will add more over time. It's just a decision you have to make for yourself...

I would, agree, though, that OTA is the way to go if you can make it work...losing the Omaha locals was the one thing I was afraid of with moving to Dish (since they carry them on cable here in Lincoln as well as the Lincoln locals). With the OTA, I'm getting a BETTER picture than I ever did from cable, and not missing any of the channels... :)

Most of the markets to have HD local channels activated on 10/22 only got a partial update. A couple of them had only 1 channel activated. And then E* overlooked the Wichita Falls, TX / Lawton, OK market completely.

The big change yesterday was lots and lots and lots of MPEG-4 standard definition channels. Very little of new HD.

So does this mean they didn't enable the WF/Law market? Or just didn't include it in the press release?

If enabled, I guess the question is which satellite did they put it on? If 61.5, I guess I'll have to put in a wing satellite. Which would probably mean extending my contract, which I think I may be out of now.

I am waiting on the Toledo, Ohio channels to go up HD. I miss seeing my locals in HD because I love watching my sporting events and CSI in HD.

I would, agree, though, that OTA is the way to go if you can make it work...losing the Omaha locals was the one thing I was afraid of with moving to Dish (since they carry them on cable here in Lincoln as well as the Lincoln locals). With the OTA, I'm getting a BETTER picture than I ever did from cable, and not missing any of the channels... :)

I somewhat disagree with the OTA statement. I was receiving all local HD via OTA until recently, and upgraded to HD Locals via satellite (Austin, TX.)

It's MUCH nicer having HD locals on satellite, because when receiving only OTA you have a SINGLE HD tuner to record them. If you want to record more than one HD program off locals, you are screwed.

When you upgrade to satellite HD locals, and still have OTA, you can then record THREE at the same time in HD. It's a MAJOR upgrade over OTA only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)