Dish Network Has Tnt Hd!!!!

Why are some seeing it and others not ?

I'm east coast with AEP + HD pak + with Dish 500 + 2nd dish at 61 for CBSHD but not seeing it yet.

Just curious about the techno aspects of why some are seeing it and others arn't. Is this like a download where it takes a while for everyone to get it ?

Does it require a switch check or call to Dish ?

WaltinVt

unless you are a NBA fan, I say so what really. Too little too late. Is this compelling HD? Aren't we getting the same as what is on the SD TNT?
Not trying to dump on this thread but where are the rest of the HD channels that are out there? Is dish gonna put those up?
FREAK!

metallicafreak--TNT-HD will have all there sports in HD. That includes the NBA Western Conferance games, NASCAR races that they show the rest of the year and all the special programing that they offer--like their made-for-tv movies. Also, most of the reruns that they show will either be upconverted or if they were shown in HD they will be rebroadcast in HD.

Other than the movie channels(like Starz and Cinemax) that are in HD what other channels are you referring to? Bravo HD is in major loop mania showin the same music HDs over and over and over--not interested in that. HD1 and HD2 currently are available only on cable and the networks in HD are not available yet on sattelite (at least until D* puts up about 30 markets later this year). So, what HD channels are you refering to that are available to everyone? I say hooray for TNT-HD and thank-you Charlie. Lets bring some more HD on this summer!!!

I think Freek is just ranting. Dish is actually having a HD channel on its premier and people can still complain about too little too late. The rest of the HD channels that are not carried are weak at best. A few minor Premiums which aren't even full time HD (Starz, Cinemax, Encore, TMC) or Locals and RSNs which bring with them a ton of logistical or legal baggage.

E* is right about where I would expect them to be at this time.

Hey the first new HD channel on E* in 8 months will NOT be trashed by me..... Keep 'em coming Charlie..... Since you fumbled the 921 vs. the HD Tivo, you need some new announcements to steal their thunder.........

Does anyone have any dish network confirmation of the following:
1. TNT-HD will be added to channel line-up and when?
2. Will TNT-HD be added to existing HD pack and if so will price go up?
3. Will TNT-HD be available to all subscribers with HD STB's?

Also, I believe like many of you that this will/would be a great addition to
Dish network, but I still don't believe that the content of TNT-HD will be clearly
more "Compelling" then Starz HD and Max-HD, especially when you consider that
you already have to pay a premium price for those movie packages.

I keep hearing tha BravoHD is repeating now, but unless I am mistaken aren't they going to broadcast the Olympics in HD in August? It's a couple of months away, but I'd consider that to be compelling. So it had better be added by then.

I'm still pining for Starz-HD as they have a lot of good movies that look much better in HD. (I'm still marvelling at how good The Matrix Reloaded looked).

Who's got the rights to Once Upon a Time in Mexico? That was filmed entirely on digital HD cameras like the Star Wars prequels, and will look just as good in HD.

BobMurdoch said:
I'm still pining for Starz-HD as they have a lot of good movies that look much better in HD. (I'm still marvelling at how good The Matrix Reloaded looked).

Who's got the rights to Once Upon a Time in Mexico? That was filmed entirely on digital HD cameras like the Star Wars prequels, and will look just as good in HD.

I'd be interested in Starz HD for several movies that they have the rights to, but after hearing how little HD they actually air, I'd rather they (Dish and DirecTV) focused on more "quality" ( ;) ) programming, especially considering that I pay $10.99 a month for the HD Package, and would like for them to add more channels to that to make the price easier to swallow. Of course, while I'd love for DirecTV to add TNT-HD, I'd REALLY LOVE for DirecTV to add ABC HD as I already have waivers for ABC. :~)

~Alan

NBC the parent company of BRAVO has decided NOT to show the Olympics in HD on BravoHD. They will only show the Olympics on NBC-HD. They made that decision a few months ago.

waltinvt\ said:
Just curious about the techno aspects of why some are seeing it and others arn't. Is this like a download where it takes a while for everyone to get it ?
WaltinVt

Dish engineers and hackers have access to all channels. Maybe those posting are Dish engineers.

Us honest subscribers have to wait until Dish makes it available to us.

Legit & Have TNT-HD

I have TNT-HD on 9420. I am am a legit, non-engineer using a 811 with the 266 software update. I sub to the America's Everything w/HD pack.

jerryez said:
Dish engineers and hackers havaccess to all channels. Maybe those posting are Dish engineers.

Us honest subscribers have to wait until Dish makes it available to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)