DISH NETWORK INTRODUCES 13 NEW HD CHANNELS IN PUERTO RICO

Well my turn just arrived.... I haven't check my emails since yesterday afternoon and today's morning the "Service Change Notification" message just arrived. Today morning I watched ESPN news in SD since all subs lose the HD version, but I didn't browse any channel.

Well there goes the Top everything, I'm not giving a lot of my hard earned money to those morons making those stupid desicions... Going back to Top 250 for the Tour de France and Top 200 after that... NO more premiums for me..

A service similar to RedBox was opened close to my house and I can get BluRay for $1.75 abd DVD for $1(similar to RB).

Bad news Tom, at least you have options, I live on rural so no options for me. I been looking at other providers but nothing comes close to what I want. No options for me means waiting to see what happens next.

notification email

I received the email as well, but the problem is that it was not requested. Which is a violation to privacy, since then someone got into your account. I verified my monthly bill and the service is being billed for. nothing about refunds. Is a pitty we have no alternatives for this. But this looks like Todays Television, I have subs Dish for the past 12 yrs never got programing problems until this people from Cabo Rojo got in here. If thas is the way they are going to act I think Dish will loose customers especially in 2011 when competition will get stiffer.

I received the email as well, but the problem is that it was not requested. Which is a violation to privacy, since then someone got into your account. I verified my monthly bill and the service is being billed for. nothing about refunds. Is a pitty we have no alternatives for this. But this looks like Todays Television, I have subs Dish for the past 12 yrs never got programing problems until this people from Cabo Rojo got in here. If thas is the way they are going to act I think Dish will loose customers especially in 2011 when competition will get stiffer.

How u know competition will get stiffer. All cable networks started offering HD channels abt 3 yrs ago...& yet...till date they offer the same HD channels as 3 yrs ago.....& they r like 20 HD anyway...counting the premium HDs.

Directv might give PR some more HDs if they see they r losing HD subs to Dish...not that Dish has the most HD in PR...but dont expect Directv to offer the same HDs as in USA.

Dish....they r in the best possition to give PR more HD....considering that E15 will be going up soon & will have a strong signal in PR.

It appears that Dish want all people in PR to have PR HD package....& they r sort of standardizing this..to have everybody on the same package.

What Rajmarie is saying it's true

First of all Directv Latin America is leasing Tp on Satellites they do not owned the satallite they are scewed they depend on subsribers to put new channels and that sat on 95 is full they leaased another one on 95 but they can not stop dish. Dish owns their satellite thru their parent company Echostar. And the cable companies the only one I can see is Liberty and Choice can put more HD but they are the same company with a different name as ower but they are the same the got a loophole from the FCC. Dish will continuing spanking the competition here in Puerto Rico with HD I have been with Dish for almost 10 years with Dish good or bad they still have good programming But if Directv USA decids to come well I would consider jump the ship!

Liberty (serving north, east and central Puerto Rico) has about 40 HD channels already including HD locals, Espn U and MLB. Theyre adding new receivers this month, after using the same motorolas DCT's for 4 years. I was one of the very few customers that subcribed HD on launch day back in spring 2006, and had the services untill I moved out to other state last year. And I'm now using Dish ever since, even back here in PR. I'm not new to this game. Liberty's service is excellent overall.

They are located in San German by the way...:p

And well not to defend them because they screwed and took advantage from us for years, but ythey don't have anything to do woth this changes. I'm a retailer since 2002 and Dish just disconnected a package that I have for years. It all started with Voom for my customers and myself. They pulled out all the accounts with PR zipcodes and took the packages away from US. I'd never had the PR-HD package they got to me because of the zipcode.

So Dish lost a lot of money from my account. Same statement as before, if I'm willing to pay why are they taking my channels away, If I've been paying for them this means that I get those channels with out problems. I payed $20 for my HDs and a lot more for my Everythng Package. So I downgraded to the Top-250 and FCree Hd for life. My monthly bill was $160 now is down $84.99 after I removed a couple of receivers from my acct. When the CSR asked why I let her know why.

Finally, Nelson let me correct you statement, Dish has been activating accounts on PR since 1997, I'm one of them.

They are located in San German by the way...:p

And well not to defend them because they screwed and took advantage from us for years, but ythey don't have anything to do woth this changes. I'm a retailer since 2002 and Dish just disconnected a package that I have for years. It all started with Voom for my customers and myself. They pulled out all the accounts with PR zipcodes and took the packages away from US. I'd never had the PR-HD package they got to me because of the zipcode.

So Dish lost a lot of money from my account. Same statement as before, if I'm willing to pay why are they taking my channels away, If I've been paying for them this means that I get those channels with out problems. I payed $20 for my HDs and a lot more for my Everythng Package. So I downgraded to the Top-250 and FCree Hd for life. My monthly bill was $160 now is down $84.99 after I removed a couple of receivers from my acct. When the CSR asked why I let her know why.

Finally, Nelson let me correct you statement, Dish has been activating accounts on PR since 1997, I'm one of them.

Tom I was talking about me as a dish customer I have been with them since 1999 I buyed my system fo about 350 from Technsat in Rio Piedras and still have that 5 footer at home works great all of these years!

Liberty (serving north, east and central Puerto Rico) has about 40 HD channels already including HD locals, Espn U and MLB. Theyre adding new receivers this month, after using the same motorolas DCT's for 4 years. I was one of the very few customers that subcribed HD on launch day back in spring 2006, and had the services untill I moved out to other state last year. And I'm now using Dish ever since, even back here in PR. I'm not new to this game. Liberty's service is excellent overall.

Liberty is announcing 52 hd channels, to bad is not available in Ponce. Liberty is clearly the service to beat. Dish has the edge for a couple of months, but after the addition of the 13 new channels when we actually lost 6 not including the Disney channels, Dish is getting worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)