DISH Network Launches Distant Networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From the CDL aspect, a class C license is not a CDL license. There is a Class A and a Class B CDL and it is not a trivial thing to get one. A Class C and a pickup truck isn't going to make it.

From the trailer/motorhome aspect, I don't know as I had not problem qualifying, but I am a Travel Supreme 40' and that is definitely an RV Trailer. The question would be how far Dish checks back on the RV registration, like do they contact the state? If they do, the states are very informed on what trailers are RV and what are cargo or utility trailers. Motorhomes are pretty obvious.

Sorry my mistake
Its a Class B with a endorsement of N,,,whatever N Means lol
Would the LA stations be Conus?Thanks Marko

you still dont qualify unless you have a RV or semi...its that simple. Per DIsh
It has to be a commercial vehicle (semi) or recreational vehicle to qualify for the Distant Networks
They have special registrations that the forms have to be sent into Dish to get

From the trailer/motorhome aspect, I don't know as I had not problem qualifying, but I am a Travel Supreme 40' and that is definitely an RV Trailer. The question would be how far Dish checks back on the RV registration, like do they contact the state? If they do, the states are very informed on what trailers are RV and what are cargo or utility trailers. Motorhomes are pretty obvious.
Mine is a 33' Prowler Travel Trailer, so definately an RV. It's just that the PA title only says Make: Prowler, Body: TRL.

Was just curious if I'd run into any roadblocks.

Why does the List for 72.7 show the LA channels as SD and the NYC channels as HD? Iceberg's post of 5-19-11 refers to the List for 72.7 for RV people for their HD channels. Iceberg states that LA & NY are in HD on the List for 72.7 at channels 9950-9957. .Is the List for 72.7 incorrect? Cause it shows LA as SD channels? I am going to change my RV dish to the Eastern Arc (1000.4) if I will then be able to order on a separate account for the NYC and LA HD channels. I am sorry if I don't understand this but I want to buy the correct dish. Thanks Iceberg and All.

The LA channels are SD on the 72.7 bird and the NY channels are SD on the 110 bird. You can't get the HD channels for both NY and LA from a single arc.

If I have a separate Dish RV account for my RV receiver and want to receive the LA and NYC HD channels that the Dish website says are now available, which dish would I need? The Eastern Arc (1000.4), the Western Arc (1000.2), some other configuration of dishes to receive the HD channels that the Dish Network are offering on their RV Webpages for NYC and LA? In an earlier post above, Iceberg states that the LA and NYC HD channels are both on 72.7. However, when I go to the List for 72.7 that Iceberg has referenced only the NYC channels are in HD. The LA channels are in SD. Is the List wrong or did Iceberg make a mistake. (Forgive me Iceberg). This is confusing. The Dish Website suggests several dishes but not one for 72.7. What dish or dishes should I hook up to my RV receiver to receive the HD channels from both NYC and LA that Dish says that I can purchase on an RV account that is separate from my home account. Thanks.

Last edited:
From looking at the Dish Network All List, it appears to me that in order to maximize my channels that I would need a Eastern Arc (1000.4) with a separate dish for 110. If you got a better idea, please help me. Thanks again.

Last edited:
That is probably the only solution. I just don't understand why the Dish Website under the tab, "RV Solutions" offers both cities in HD but no one has been able to tell me what makes it work. If the website is mistaken, why doesn't somebody just say "It's Not Possible -- It Has To Be Either NYC or LA." If you are traveling and stop somewhere and set you system up to enjoy Dish, it would be nice to be able to watch sporting events with different games on each coast. To make it work, you would have to have 72.7 and 110 which are on different arcs. If you just stick with those two satellites, I don't know if you would be missing channels if you have the Top 260 Package. Thanks.

You are in the world of SHEVRA ACTwhich says you cannot receive HD programming before it is available OTA. If you were in the West, receiving New York HD, you would be receiving the broadcast programming before it is aired OTA. So I figure that Dish is taking the safe road and not making New York HD available on the WA satellites.

Now on the EA, it shouldn't be a problem since Los Angeles would always be later than OTA. Now, as I have read the SHEVRA ACT, there is some language that could be construed as you can only receive one HD version of a broadcast, but it wasn't anywhere near the DNS language.

I believe that currently DirecTV only offers one set of DNS channels in HD unless you were grandfathered before the SHEVRA Act.

At the moment, and probably forever, be happy you can get at least one city in HD. Until DishTV came out with DNS, there was no HD since AAD dropped the HD DNS.

I don't know too many RVers carrying dished for WA and EA and most of the automatic dishes are programmed for WA only.

Just because you can see a satellite doesn't mean you have rights to view the channels. The 9950-9957 channels come with the DNS subscription which requires an RV or Truck registration. IN other words, no.

I'm still confused regarding the second account. As an existing customer if you want to take one of your user owned 211s and just use it in your RV and receive Distant networks from Dish, you need a second account. I assume so the DNs have no possibility of showing up at your residence. I understand that. So they can keep them separate with the two accounts...I can understand that too. But why should the customer have to pay for another entire account and programming package just for receiving distant networks. It seems more than a little pricy to me

If nothing else, it keeps DishTV from getting in trouble for having subscribers with Locals and DNS in the same account. It is very clear that if you have DNS, those receivers on that subscription cannot be used in a fixed dwelling.

So you have a subscription for the RV with DNS and a subscription for the house with Locals.

Taking a house receiver into the RV is acceptable, just don't expect to have DNS.

While it is easy to blame the vendors and accuse them for money gouging, you have to remember these rules were established by a Congressional Act. Blame Congress if you want but the Act was a compromise between the satellite vendors who would love to give DNS to everyone and the National Broadcasters who want no one to get DNS. The DNS is a special exemption for a comparatively small group compares to national viewing (not just satellite subscribers) that the Nationals agreed to with understanding that that number wouldn't shift the advertising dollars for the affiliates.

Being that the driving force here is advertising dollars for the National Broadcasters and their local affiliates, you pretty much have to just accept the way it is. About the way it will change is if all TV became pay-to-view with no advertising. Slim chance if that would ever happen.

I still think the separate RV account could just be as simple as setting up a separate account number for your RV receiver and just activating your existing programming to it. There should be no need to buy the same programming you aleady have twice just to get distant networks.

Your definition is: same subscription, multiple account numbers. For SHEVRA, the issue isn't accounts numbers, it is subscription.

With the Pay-As-You-Go plan for RVers, you only pay for the time you use satellite TV in your RV and you can have DNS. That is a cheap second subscription for DNS in your RV.

Now if your desire is a cheap second account with DNS to use in your house, then your are exactly why the SHEVRA ACT has limitations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)