DISH Network Launches Distant Networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They should be using the address that is on the RV Registration if any is in question. After all, that is the address of my "household".

Last edited:
But they were using a different address before that which probably throws up a flag as "permanent resident" and that goes back to post 1 of how Dish is handling these.

It doesnt sound like Dish was "ready for prime time" on these

I checked with the DIRT team and was told that my account was flagged as an RV account, but alas on business day 15 still no Distant Networks. As I have not yet seen anyone report that they have them it is probably not worth my calling to ask why not.

All it took was an email to ceo@dishnetworks.

I received an email today saying Out of Market Locals was turned on.

The channels I found were nowhere where the original email said they would be. What I found was:
9950 - WABC SD
9951 - WCBS SD
9952 - WNBC SD
9953 - WNYW FOX SD
9954 - KABC HD
9955 - KCBS HD
9956 - KNBC HD
9957 - KTTV FOX HD

I guess it could be remapped later on

All it took was an email to ceo@dishnetworks.

I received an email today saying Out of Market Locals was turned on.

The channels I found were nowhere where the original email said they would be. What I found was:
9950 - WABC SD
9951 - WCBS SD
9952 - WNBC SD
9953 - WNYW FOX SD
9954 - KABC HD
9955 - KCBS HD
9956 - KNBC HD
9957 - KTTV FOX HD

I guess it could be remapped later on

No mapdowns? That sucks, hopefully they'll be remapped to the 70's soon.
I'll probably turn in my travel trailer registration in the middle of the summer, once all new shows are done.

I assume if I attach a wing dish for 110 into my 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish I'll be able to get both NY & LA in HD.

Last edited:
Thanks Brussman, I would not have thought to look in the 99xx channels. I do get the same channels as you plus PBS on 9958. None of the channel numbers provided in the email from dish are accurate, and there are no NY HD or LA SD channels. In fact when you look up the channels provided by dish in the DishChannelChart at the top of the page, other than 8100 to 8120 range, all of the channel numbers provided are listed as spot beams. I guess Dish is still working on things, but at least at last there is some movement.

Another interesting observation. The Locals I had, because the package had them included, are still present. One set of Out of Network Channels are supposed to be substituted for the Locals. Yup, the Dish RV folks are still figuring things out.

All the 9950-9953 (NY SD) channels are on 119 as CONUS and the 9954-9957 (LA HD) are on 110 CONUS.

The 9958 PBS maps down to 249 for me.

I would guess Dish is taking the safe route of not allowing reception of HD programs before local broadcasr. Ergo, the WA set of DNS channels are HD for LA and SD for NY. If there DNS channels off of the EA, then I would bet that NY would be in HD

This morning I found that Dish had gotten around to removing the Locals. It is a slow process.

I would guess Dish is taking the safe route of not allowing reception of HD programs before local broadcasr. Ergo, the WA set of DNS channels are HD for LA and SD for NY. If there DNS channels off of the EA, then I would bet that NY would be in HD
Kinda Sorta. More like a transponder space saving effort. This way each set of HD's only takes up one Conus Transpoder, instead of 2. The thinking being that East & Central people will use Eastern Arc, and West Coasters will use Western Arc.

On Western Arc:
NY SD on 119
LA HD on 110

On Eastern Arc:
NY HD on 72
LA SD on 72

Same channel numbers for SD & HD

Solution to get both in HD, add a wing dish into the 1000.4 input port (or use a DPP-44).

Interesting item of note, a 1000.2 can be used to get 61.5 & 72. 77 will be a no go, but it's not really needed as it's locals only.

So, LA HD is not going to be avail with an Eastern Arc setup? Grr, that sucks and defeats the purpose for me.

No reason not to offer LA HD in the East. The FCC just says that the WEST can't receive NY HD because it would appear before broadcast West HD

I had the AAD package from NPS awhile back (few years ago}
I think I had the San francisco and Atlanta stations for $10.99 a month
I am from the New Jersey area and knew that the only way to get those stations
was to give Nps my credit card that they can charge me my monthly fee without getting a bill and use a Address
In Elco NV area....That worked...
Anyways I was thinking of getting the LA stations from AAD but was kinda high in price last
year,,,but seeing that they droped their HD programing as of now.

As I have been reading
To gt the LA stations from Dish you will need to have a RV or a Truck?
Now what happens if I don't OWN a truck???I see that Dish wants a Copy of your Truck
drivers License faxed?...Well I do have a Class C License for a Truck,,,,and could I get
dish If I don't own a truck?Because many truckers use a diferant truck many times?
And are the LA stations on CONUS and be seen n New Jersey?.
I thought any truck like a Ford F150 or Ram could be used as a Comercial truck also?.Thanks Marko

I saw the CDL option too, Marko. Would be nice if that's all that was needed. I've read elsewhere, though, that vehicle regisration is also required. Hopefully a DIRT member can clarify. If vehicle info is indeed required, I doubt an F-150 would have any better chances of qualifying than a Toyota Corolla. They probably will just go by GVWR.

markosands,

It has to be a commercial vehicle (semi) or recreational vehicle to qualify for the Distant Networks. Stringent regulations are in place we must follow to offer these distant networks to our customers.

markosands,

It has to be a commercial vehicle (semi) or recreational vehicle to qualify for the Distant Networks. Stringent regulations are in place we must follow to offer these distant networks to our customers.

How exactly does the title/registration have to say recreational vehicle? In Pennsylvania, they give us trailer registrations/titles for ours (travel trailer & 5th wheel), basically lists "TRL" in the body type block and my tag says "trailer".

My RV title/registration looks no different than a flat bed trailer title/registration.

The title does give the make as a Prowler, when is a brand of travel trailers & 5th wheels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)