DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
....Despite extended negotiations over the past several months, DISH has chosen to drop The Weather Channel rather than pay us that fair value for the network. Despite what you may hear from DISH, we have worked hard to reach an agreement with DISH and are simply asking them to pay us about a penny a month more for you to continue to receive The Weather Channel.

Who's not telling the truth?

Why do you think either of them is telling the truth?

Listening to both sides of a story is a sure way of learning there's more to a story - than both sides.

Weird about a hour ago I had both SD 213 and HD 213 now SD channel only showing up.

I'm sure there are many facets to this. Dish didn't want to pay more. Universal wanted more money. Dish gets complains about people not getting local forecasts on satellite. TWC shows very little weather coverage except during major events. At least Dish is going to provide a substitute that, on the surface, provides something closer to what some viewers have been asking for some time rather than just turning off TWC which arguably provides a public service during natural disasters.

Ted

I am not seeing Weathercast on my 922. Its showing TWC SD and the logo in the guide is the Weather Channel logo.

Why do you think either of them is telling the truth?

Listening to both sides of a story is a sure way of learning there's more to a story - than both sides.

Well said & I do agree..

Don't blink. It might change again.

And I'll bet we'll never know why.

But it's quite an investment to create such a channel. I can't believe it's gone forever. Probably shows TWC they can easily have competition. Who knows, Dish might be able to sell it as a cheaper alternative.

Interesting.. Was watching 213 and then an error message popped up on my 922 saying "ERROR 004 - To Channel Channels, press GUIDE to select a different channel. If you continue to see this message, press the front panel RESET button."

Just after getting that message an uplink report came out showing that an HD version of the Weathercast channel was uplinked.

This is getting STRANGE!

Dam.. I was so used to Weather Cast and now it's gone. LOL

I am guessing in the last few minutes Dish and TWC either came to some sort of agreement or had to wait until mid-night to launch Weather Cast. The very instant TWC goes dark.

Channel 213 is gone, only TWC is left, what happened to the weather cast?

I was watching Weathercast HD and the sound went out and The Weather Channel came back. Charlie doesn't usually come to agreements this fast.

At 4:50PDT...the Real Weather Channel is still on 214 and the new Weather Other channel is both SD and HD on 213 x2 .. somebody tell me why we need another weather channel?

Yep, I didn't have HD, did check switch, it hung about the same time y'all started complaining. Did a 2nd check switch and now have 213 SD/HD and 214 SD/HD with the appropriate content. Also the guide is now correct for WETHR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts