DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was watching all this play out on my VIP-222 and it did all the wierd channel swaps and such, without any need for power-button resets, or check-switches or anything. It actually impressed me in a strange sort of way! :rolleyes:

No never had it on the HD version of The Weather Channel.

Just expected that this was created for Satellite that it would work. :)

one thing that I just thought of, this will not only effect a lot of home subs, but also a lot of hotels, as there are some hotels that get their tv via dish network service, the Disneyworld Dolphin resort for one example. something tells me there's going to be some upset guests in some hotels when they can't check the weather channel before they leave to hit the road tomorrow morning...

Well not only is the content more like The Weather Channel of the 80s that everyone remembers.... the graphics (and audio) also seem like they are from the 80s. :eek:

It looks like it is all created on a Commodore 64...

The host just said "... on Dish."

This is looking like a negotiating ploy, providing some temporary employment for a few unemployed techies...

Well if we do end up with ONLY this channel I want to see:

1. Those tabs on the bottom of the screen work and be customized to our location. Like I said before, at the same size of those tabs. That would be nice.

2. The $2.00 increase of the AT packs effective June 3rd recinded.

3. Bring on Stephanie Abrams in the nude! :D

they should call this the retro 80's weather channel.now if they only had local forecasts

So if TWC goes away and stays away, where are we going to go for near full time coverage of hurricanes hitting the coast? I don't think anyone covers disasters in action as much as TWC. Internet is not the same. Yes, there is an endless interest in seeing mobile homes roll, roofs blow off, etc - if it's headed your way.
I think it it a little early to panic. It's a new channel, who knows they might actually have better coverage than TWC does. Like was said in the announement, most of the time now TWC isn't actualy dioing weatherl, it's just a bunch of other crap!

somebody seriously record some of this and put it on youtube, cuz I seriously want to see it, if it's anything like dish earth then it's got to be funny!

It's not funny, it is just really basic and low tech.

The S.F. Bay Area local channels (admittedly far in the forefront on HD and technology) have weather graphics that are 3-dimensional, where you can see the various local features and landmarks sticking up and simulated rain fall.... and then the point of view swivels to another part of the area, as if you were in an airplane doing a banked turn.... actually more impressive than The Weather Channel for that matter.

I notice no interactive on the HD version.

I have the 922 and I don't have the interactive on the 922 SD channel. I like the channel but they need to get the interactive on the HD working.

The 922 already has a weather "app" (or whatever you want to call it) that you can personalize in the menu section, but I would prefer the channel.

Do people really watch TWC???

yes, some people do watch it, i watch it when ever there's nothing on TV and there interesting weather, but lately the Network has turn into another one of those typical Cable channels who lost touch with it's theme, motto and gimmick.

when The Weather Channel goes, i will have no choice but to stick with the locals for the Weather, as in keep watching KDFW, WFAA, KTVT, and KXAS for the weather and use the online radar of WFAA for the latest radar if it isn't severe enough for the locals in the DFW area to break in for weather coverage.

i been having to do that lately with The Weather Channel.

I do, particularly during Tornado season and Hurricane season. I like TWC. The channel they have no really does look horrible. Welcome to the 1980s. Thanks Dish. :rolleyes:

I'm originally from Houston and my family lives there and last year when Ike hit, yes, I used the TWC, but I used CNN, MSNBC, etc. just as much to watch what was going on. All of them didn't really report on anything else except the hurricane overnight which is when it came ashore. When the major events happen there are other choices other the TWC, though I hope they come to an agreement with them as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts