DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it goes, or goes away again, this would be a big loss, even if the new channel is as good or even better. Brand recognition is big, and The Weather Channel is a big name channel that the average sub will want, even if they do not watch it often.

People will just refer to this as "the weather channel", just like tissues are Kleenex...... as long as they get their forecasts

Here is some video from a couple of hours ago when we had a tornado warning in MS but they were showing warnings that were 3+ hours old from MO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGyNlAOgti0"]YouTube- weatherscan outdated radar[/ame]

I use the same program called GR AE that they are using in this video

hi. it's after 11 pm central, still getting twc here. i hope we get both. i'd like to have both channels since i'm here in severe weather terratory.

Do you use the National Weather Service website. It's the only weather info I use on the internet. Once you put in your city or zip it takes you directly to a forecast page. Once on that page there is a map down on the right side. You can further customize where you are using the map, all the way down to your street, then it will give you the forecast for that subdivision or neighborhood or whatever.
Here, right next to the mountains in CO. this is very important as the weather can be very different from just a couple miles away. The radar is awesome too, lots of features there. The homepage from your forecast page can be found right above where it says "forecast at a glance".
Chances are the home office is close to you and that is where the the meteorologists are. They know your area better than anyone, and at least here in CO. are easily the best at forecasting the weather.
Also, the Storm Prediction Center Website. Incredible source for severe and potential severe weather.

Here are both:

NOAA's National Weather Service

Storm Prediction Center

and yes, I am a weather geek.:)

Just don't expect to get reliable radar data from the NWS on those high risk days. If you are weather junkie you would be using GR level 3 with private feeds from Allison House.

Dropping the weather channel is a big mistake. People know what and who the weather channel is no matter what they show. Its a house hold name. People are going to be looking for the weather channel not weather cast. Seems like the same old broken record coming from dish.

One step forward, Sixteen steps backwards.

The Weather Channel is still on as of Midnight Central Daylight Time, well after Midnight PT will be the true moment of two, two timezones down, two to go to figure out and confirm if The Weather Channel and Dish made a last second deal

Last edited:
Just don't expect to get reliable radar data from the NWS on those high risk days. If you are weather junkie you would be using GR level 3 with private feeds from Allison House.

I know exactly where I'm at on the radar (you can zoom in if you want but I don't)
and it's been reliable all the time, and it's very reliable during storms.

I'm a weather geek who loves reading the forecast discussions and such, and just watching the weather. I don't go out and buy stuff for private feeds and such.

I know exactly where I'm at on the radar (you can zoom in if you want but I don't)
and it's been reliable all the time, and it's very reliable during storms.

I'm a weather geek who loves reading the forecast discussions and such, and just watching the weather. I don't go out and buy stuff for private feeds and such.

Just reminding you that on the last couple of high risk days starting with the EF4 twister in Yazoo city, MS last month that radar data from the NWS was often 20 to 30 mins delayed and this problem still hasn't been fixed. There are many great options out there from Weathertap to GR3 and Stormlab. Here is radar image from a chase trip to MS last month. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a private message .:up

2bc5aef0.png

I checked out this Weather Cast channel and I am not impressed. The Weather Channel has better graphics and coverage in my opinion (when they show weather coverage). This channel would NOT have been a good replacement to The Weather Channel. There would have to be some improvements to get up to par.

I checked out this Weather Cast channel and I am not impressed. The Weather Channel has better graphics and coverage in my opinion (when they show weather coverage). This channel would NOT have been a good replacement to The Weather Channel. There would have to be some improvements to get up to par.

i agree, The Weather Cast is a joke of a network and was formed to be a replacement for The Weather Channel for the carriage dispute. outdated weather info as in hours old and not live, graphics that look like you would see on the 33 here in DFW (that's KDAF, the local CW channel here in DFW). and the people sound like they came from a school and not experienced enough for a job on big market TV station like the DFW TV Market. and the studio sounds unprofessional in the way the sounding is made. this channel will be gone in a year tops.

the only way The Weather Channel has major competition is if Disney, News Corporation or Viacom launches there own weather network.

The Weather Cast get this sound right here:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A]YouTube - The Price is Right losing horn[/ame]

plus according to this, looks like Dish or NBC Universal caved:
DISH To Drop The Weather Channel – Deadline.com

when they show weather

What do we have here? Yet another programming dispute?

Here we go again. :mad:

This is why I feel I have to keep a Dish and a Directv subscription. :rant:

Why does it always have to be one step forward and two steps back with Dish?

In case dish does end up dropping the channel I wish to share my favorite weather channel moment.

As Hurricane Dolly approached the Texas Louisiana coast everyone still unsure where it would make land fall they showed the Louisiana coastline. Everything was boarded up and the place was a ghost town. They then switched to another reporter in Texas showing the beach. It seems the Texas residents placed signs all over the beach and were still out and about. The camera zoomed in on the signs and they said: "Come get us Dolly" "Hurry up B***h and get here already" "Bring your a*s to Texas Dolly"

The weather announcer then stated that people in Texas were very strange.

Still have TWC. Checked TWC website and no mention of dispute with Dish that I can find anymore. Last night they had a box announcing the dispute, channel to be pulled at midnight and links to all DISH competitors who carried TWC....

To all the haters, on Weathercast I got my local weather in under 1 minute. TWC showing wake up with Al.....So what should I wear to work today, do I need my umbrella.....

edit: using the Google and Interwebs I found the cached website that appears to be on TWC website but if you search the site itself it does not show up?

http://www.weather.com/tv/programs/CustomerMessage.html

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)