DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How do you know this?

I haven't heard this.

I spoke to somebody that works for Weather Nation this morning and that is what they told me. They would rather go off the air than air taped stuff. They have assembled a really good staff and they have a good game plan for the future. I am really shocked that Accueweather didn't start a weather channel sooner. Without sounding like an info commercial just wait until we get some tropical weather action cause they are going to give TWC a run for there money. Speaking of tropical action we have INVEST 90L that could effect the east coast early next week.

As stupid as this sounds I believe weather coverage could be life or death information at times. All weather forecasts should be live when conditions warrent (and normally somewhere in the country there is a big weather event happening at anytime) so I find taped inaccurate weather forecasts unacceptable.

I cannot speak for the rest of the country, but if there is ONE tornado warning in my TV market (Charlotte, NC), then most of the stations interrupt programming and launch into "severe weather mode". The CBS affiliate has backed off a bit on this, but they are constantly scrolling the info across the screen and typically use all or part of a commercial break to show live radar and "play by play". So, if the locals in other parts of the country like they are here, then they will provide the best coverage of local breaking weather.

I'm sorry guys...I know many posters want to see TWC remain. I do LOVE the weather...I'm a weather junkie and a SkyWarn Spotter for my local NWS office. But, today's TWC has lost their way -- they've all but abandoned their roots. I really wish DISH would "cut the cord" with TWC to send a message that their channel SUCKS. Go back to the TWC of your youth and we'll consider keeping you. If I was Charlie, that's what I would do....but that's just me.

Eric

At this point The Weather Channel would be best served by splitting into two channels. Make one channel the Storm Stories and documentaries, and make the other weather 24/7.

As stupid as this sounds I believe weather coverage could be life or death information at times. All weather forecasts should be live when conditions warrent (and normally somewhere in the country there is a big weather event happening at anytime) so I find taped inaccurate weather forecasts unacceptable.

This channel should be live 24/7. It should be off the air until it is live all the time. It's not a stupid comment at all. Last year here in CO. in my area, from early June through July we had either a Severe Thunderstorm Watch or Tornado Watch almost every day. No Joke!!

I use my local NWS website (Denver/Boulder) or radio if my power is out to get my info so it doesn't affect me that much, but this problem could potentially affect many people. If they fix this issue then I would probably have it on during severe weather.

Just reminding you that on the last couple of high risk days starting with the EF4 twister in Yazoo city, MS last month that radar data from the NWS was often 20 to 30 mins delayed and this problem still hasn't been fixed. There are many great options out there from Weathertap to GR3 and Stormlab. Here is radar image from a chase trip to MS last month. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a private message .:up

I've seen the issue you are talking about, but not during any storms. I've read about the different features the radar uses and during storms or days of potential storms they switch the radar into "storm mode" and it loops every five minutes.

Regardless though of what I'm getting, what is happening to you is unacceptable, and if I had this problem during a major weather event I'd be quite pissed off.
That radar image you posted was cool. Can you PM me with more info on these options? The more good options the better. No BS TWC or Accuweather websites.

I remember our huge snowstorm in 2003, the biggest in recorded history in this area since 1915. We got about 40 inches here, and the NWS had this storm pegged. Accuweather's forecast? 6-10 inches.

Attachments

• Brian's Car 1.jpg
    Brian's Car 1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 114
  • Behind the Cars 2.jpg
    Behind the Cars 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Buried Pontiac 1.jpg
    Buried Pontiac 1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Parking Lot 2.jpg
    Parking Lot 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Front of Buried Honda.jpg
    Front of Buried Honda.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 109
  • Keep Right.jpg
    Keep Right.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Parking Lot 3.jpg
    Parking Lot 3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 110
  • The Pathfinder.jpg
    The Pathfinder.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 114
At this point The Weather Channel would be best served by splitting into two channels. Make one channel the Storm Stories and documentaries, and make the other weather 24/7.

I enjoy the Weather channel and want it to stay however they have done exactly what many other channels are doing and that's doing this stupid Reality TV Show crap... I blame Survivor for it which sucks and is fixed if anyone doesn't know this by now they need to be smacked with a 2X4!! I'd love to see Reality TV disappear!!!!!

Weather Cast has been showing weather for west of the missisippi river. Tell them the south has some pretty good stroms going on right now. They have to cover the stuff going on now, I see red coming my way on NOAA. Dont like red on a radar.

I wish the weather channel would get back to doing the weather.

I don't care if we have this channel or not but I do want Dish Network to give us constant local weather information instead of the national thing on the 8's just like cable does.

If it's customized by zip code then it's even better than cable as my local cable system covers 3 counties and the forecast is very different at times as elevations between The Catskills and The Hudson Valley is up to 3000 feet. Many times that means the difference between rain or snow.

Time Warner Cable around here ONLY gives the forecast for the valley. I am in the mountains so locals on the 8's on cable is useless to me.

If The Weather Channel finally gives us OUR local weather (and on the HD feed), then, AND ONLY THEN, do they have a right to want more money for carriage.

Okay, how do you get the local, interactive weather ? I even saw this "Paul" guy explaining to push SELECT once or twice when on the channel... Doesn't work for me.

Okay, how do you get the local, interactive weather ? I even saw this "Paul" guy explaining to push SELECT once or twice when on the channel... Doesn't work for me.

Do you have TV enhancements enabled? if you do there should be a popup come onscreen telling you to press select to go to weather interactive.;)

On my 625 interactive only works with the Weather Cast channel or Dish button channel.

That's the SD version, in HD you saw him opening the studio door. Then he held it open while he was talking to them. Gonna later use my digital camera to get a widescreen version. We will see, I saved it on the DVR for later. In OTA if that happened the meteorologist would be fired there & then. It's "cable" though & they may not even get a fine.

Please post video! :D

Push the dish button on your remote, then yes to load the interactive then go to news on bottom then weather and it should already be set up... :)
Not interested in using that slow-ass interface. I can get the weather on the PC quicker.

Need to check if "enhancements" is turned off.

Already

Do you have TV enhancements enabled? if you do there should be a popup come onscreen telling you to press select to go to weather interactive.;)

On my 625 interactive only works with the Weather Cast channel or Dish button channel.
I knew about the Dish button & have been using for ages. But thought there was something else since I can hit that on any ch and get it to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)