DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hmmm

The Weather Cast
8101 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 700
Greenwood Village, CO 80111

actually thats wrong.

WeatherNation is supplying the info to Dish (weather cast) and WeatherNation is based here in Minnesota (Excelsior to be exact) :)

Excelsior-based WeatherNation, owned by meteorologist Paul Douglas, is supplying content for a new national 24-hour weather channel on DISH Network. DISH launched the channel, The Weather Cast, on Thursday as a replacement for The Weather Channel, saying the network has strayed too far from actual weather and is demanding unreasonable contract terms. Douglas, a well-known former KARE 11 and WCCO-TV meteorologist, founded WeatherNation in 2008. The company also supplies content for KARE 11's WX Now digital subchannel and video forecasts for numerous websites. The Weather Cast can be seen on DISH channel 213.

At this point The Weather Channel would be best served by splitting into two channels. Make one channel the Storm Stories and documentaries, and make the other weather 24/7.

Sad thing is I have been saying this for 4 months now over on broadband reports comcast forum.
Does look like weather channel is getting better. They cancelled flick and a forecast or at least it wasn't on friday night. They have been pre-empting alot of planned programming because of all of the severe weather, the oil catastrophe and flooding. Although I'm getting a little tired of 24/7 coverage of the oil catastrophe. Report back when the feds slap bp with a $750BILLION fine.

OMG can’t believe so many guys are mourning the dumb Weather Channel
Really you guys, can’t you look out the window? I mean Really?

Sad thing is I have been saying this for 4 months now over on broadband reports comcast forum.
Does look like weather channel is getting better. They cancelled flick and a forecast or at least it wasn't on friday night. They have been pre-empting alot of planned programming because of all of the severe weather, the oil catastrophe and flooding. Although I'm getting a little tired of 24/7 coverage of the oil catastrophe. Report back when the feds slap bp with a $750BILLION fine.

I agree with you on that, but I'm glad they are covering the oil spill like they are because here in the gulf, the sh#t is fixing to hit the fan and I would like to make sure I'm upwind when it does.

Quote:
Excelsior-based WeatherNation, owned by meteorologist Paul Douglas, is supplying content for a new national 24-hour weather channel on DISH Network. DISH launched the channel, The Weather Cast, on Thursday as a replacement for The Weather Channel, saying the network has strayed too far from actual weather and is demanding unreasonable contract terms. Douglas, a well-known former KARE 11 and WCCO-TV meteorologist, founded WeatherNation in 2008. The company also supplies content for KARE 11's WX Now digital subchannel and video forecasts for numerous websites. The Weather Cast can be seen on DISH channel 213.

Nice to see Paul Douglas is back in the game. I thought it sucked the way
WCCO got rid of him. I used to love his forecasts and the banter back and forth
between him and Don Shelby. He is definitely one of the best Meteorologists out there.

$$$

Quote:

between him and Don Shelby. He is definitely one of the best Meteorologists out there.
He most likely wanted more $$ and they didn't want to pay it. There's a lot of that in TV stations. Hire the new kid that can work the PC that just got out of school. The people out there won't care.

sorry thats from their website dude

TheWeatherCast.com

Thats nice but you didnt read what I posted...obviously

weather Nation is here in Excelsior, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis)...they supply the content to Dish

so I guess because Dish takes ESPN content ESPN is now in Colorado too? :rolleyes:

They just showed Pac NW and I chkd Accuweather radar on line and they look close to same. Now if you are talking about over nite that is very possible.
Well that's a good improvement then, since yesterday when we were watching, at 2:30pm, the radar loop they were showing ended at 10:27 AM! :eek:

I used to love the weather channel. Watched it for years. I could watch it just to watch it. Now there is no weather on. I just checked sunday may 23rd at 4pm. They only have weather on for one hour between 4pm and 11pm the rest of it is just shows. They now have movie night on friday night. WTF? Plus they fired all the old timers because they wanted to go younger and why do I want to wake up with AL. Isn't that an NBC show

That is most likely just an office for them to receive mail. They then forward to the dept that needs it. They also receive the email from the site and fwd it as well. So it is just an office for them.
It just seems odd that it so close to dish network head quarters

Thats nice but you didnt read what I posted...obviously

weather Nation is here in Excelsior, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis)...they supply the content to Dish

so I guess because Dish takes ESPN content ESPN is now in Colorado too? :rolleyes:
Not unless they have an address in Colorado.....Perhaps you could contact the Webmaster of that web site and have them fix the contact address to your liking....

He's been doing the weather thing here in Minneapolis on 11-2 for a while. Some is national but has inserts of local weather from Kare 11

He most likely wanted more $$ and they didn't want to pay it. There's a lot of that in TV stations. Hire the new kid that can work the PC that just got out of school. The people out there won't care.

nope. WCCO is owned by the network and they canned a lot of folks for cutbacks
WCCO layoffs | News Cut | Minnesota Public Radio

by the way, WCCO radio is owned by CBS Radio and they have been giving long tenured guys there buyouts of their contract to can them too

Not unless they have an address in Colorado.....Perhaps you could contact the Webmaster of that web site and have them fix the contact address to your liking....

why? Seems to bother you more than anything. Just pointing out that the company who supplies the info is based here in MN :)

And as noted previously the colorado thing is probably an office

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)