Dish network nationwide computer outage

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Just got Dish network installed today for American channels + HD and it took the installers 3 visits and on the 3rd try, after 10 hours, the installer just took off. He said that they were experiencing technical difficulties and were unable to activate 2 receivers.

The company is apparently having a nationwide computer outage. They have been unable to activate any receivers (at least that is the fluff that I have been told about). Some CSR told me that there were issues in Texas, apparently a thunderstorm, causing inability to send commands to various satellites, etc. Another CSR told me that the entire computer network was down (being an existing Dish intl customer, I tried logging into my account, but was unable to do so).

Anyone else currently experiencing similar issues ? Please post if/when you find out that the system is back up and running.

Similar situation just occurred with me. I tried calling Dish to do a "night before" modification to a workorder that's scheduled for tomorrow. No dice. Was told the system is down at this time.

Just for the heck of it, I tried calling back, under the auspices of "CSR roulette", and got the same answer. Supposedly things will be back up and running by 10PM Eastern.

I can just see it now.

IT is having an issue with one of their systems, so they contact the tech support of the systems manufacturer and get stuck on the phone with someone in India.

Oh the irony

Just got Dish network installed today for American channels + HD and it took the installers 3 visits and on the 3rd try, after 10 hours, the installer just took off. He said that they were experiencing technical difficulties and were unable to activate 2 receivers.

The company is apparently having a nationwide computer outage. They have been unable to activate any receivers (at least that is the fluff that I have been told about). Some CSR told me that there were issues in Texas, apparently a thunderstorm, causing inability to send commands to various satellites, etc. Another CSR told me that the entire computer network was down (being an existing Dish intl customer, I tried logging into my account, but was unable to do so).

Anyone else currently experiencing similar issues ? Please post if/when you find out that the system is back up and running.

It's baaaaaaaaaack! At least it's working for me. :)

I was able to get into my existing online account, trying to call Dish right now to see if they are able to do activations now. Stay tuned ....

Nope, no luck. The CSR lady said to call back in 30 mins. My installer returned my call to say that it may not be operational until tomorrow morning.

Man that sucks, getting a new install and here you are sitting in front of it not being able to do squat with it. Hang in there, you'll like it.
Agreed. The problem is that we can't watch any local, cable and/or our existing intl channels (they gave us a new 4-LNB dish). They have completely locked us out -lol-

If this was an isolated issue, I would be mad as hell. I presume there are lots of other mad-as-hell folks like us :D

I've experienced these "computer outages" several times over the years when trying to activate satellite systems. I remember one customer that has a temper starting to flare. Got him free movie package for a month as a result from Dish Network.

I had same problem with a WB modem swap today, I got customer going of course, but I need to get work order closed to get paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts