Dish Network News from CEDIA

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
I already wrote about my experience today at the DirecTV booth and so I wandered over to the Dish booth. I received a warm greeting and the Dish rep called Leslie Harper over to give me a tour.
There wasn't much new at the booth except for 2 working examples of the VIP 211 being used as a DVR!

As someone that has 2-211's this peaked my interest. Attached is a short video clip of the Dish programmers from England explaining the process.

According to Dish, come the first of the year there will be a software download for the 211 boxes that will allow an external USB 2.0 hard drive to be attached. There will be name based recording, you cam record 2 events at once, (1-sat and 1-OTA) while watching a recorded event.

I forgot to ask about a DVR fee, I'll do that tomorrow, but the most interesting words from the guys is that you will be able to "move" the content between 211's on your account. Kewl.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW A VIDEO OF THE 211 ACTING AS A DVR!

Attachments

• cedia 07 day 1 021.jpg
    cedia 07 day 1 021.jpg
    883.8 KB · Views: 728
Last edited by a moderator:
Digital Dude, what format and extension is the video file in? Let me know and I can boost the max size so you can attach it here. :D

I trust you could interchange it with 622s/722s on your account?

Ask them when they are going to get rid of the silly restriction of being able to switch a HDD between different receivers only three times, before it "locks" on permanently to one receiver.

Can't move to a 622/722, they are too different.

Attachments

• dishcedia07.mov
    13.3 MB · Views: 20,924

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)