Dish Network News from CEDIA

My question is those of us that came on board to early and just got the vip411 will it be able to function as a dvr also? I'm hoping so since I want be able to use ethernet for my setup once that is being started, the 411 has no ethernet port. Also if it want work whats the chances of dish just switching out boxes for me?

My question is those of us that came on board to early and just got the vip411 will it be able to function as a dvr also? I'm hoping so since I want be able to use ethernet for my setup once that is being started, the 411 has no ethernet port. Also if it want work whats the chances of dish just switching out boxes for me?

Sorry, the 411 is not in the ViP series. It's just a 411, not ViP411.

Call and ask. I haven't heard of anyone trying, but there are few out there anyway.

How did you just get one? Purchase?

I signed up for dish and got hooked up around april 2006, when the email came to me about what was going to be installed it said the vip211 but I guess since the 211's were faily new they were short on supply so I was connected with the 411. At the time I was told the only difference was that the vip 211 had an ethernet port and the 411 did not. At the time I didn't fret but now with this news and aswell as the ethernet use I'm starting to get a little upset lol if the 411 can't do these things. May have to give them a call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts