DISH Network Price Change

What you mean is that *you* don't do it. I've had a 622 and a 722k installed by Dish and neither installer changed it from. 480p. The installers were excellent in all (other) aspects too.

I don't just see my own work, you know. Service calls of one sort or another are a huge portion of our workload. I've only ran into a handful of cases where the resolution was set to 480p when it should have been set higher. It was either a customer who was shipped a receiver and connected it themselves, or it was done by a particular retailer in our area that we've had a lot of trouble with. Only once did I see it done by an in house tech, and it was his first week on the job. So, no this isn't standard practice. It's a fluke.

In addition, not everyone got a year of Starz (which would be a total of $168 for the year).

Some got HD Platinum ($120 for a year).

Some got Encore ($60 for a year).

Some got six pay-per-view coupons ($24.95 a year).

In addition, not everyone got a year of Starz (which would be a total of $168 for the year).

Some got HD Platinum ($120 for a year).

Some got Encore ($60 for a year).

Some got six pay-per-view coupons ($24.95 a year).

Starz sells for $13.00 a month and if you multiply that by 12 months ,which is a year , it comes to $156.00 .

Starz doesn't cost Dish $13/mo. And whatever it normally costs, Dish probably made a deal for an even better rate...

Well according the DISH website Starz sells for $13.00 a month. So does Cinemax and Showtime for that matter. Only Hbo and Playboy sell for $16.00 a month. But you missed my point. The amount of the credit is more than the amount of the price hike . If you do get Starz , you come out ahead by $36.00 after two years . Price hike is $5.00 a month X 12 months $60.00 x two years =$120.00. $156.00(Starz Free for a year )-$120.00 (price hike for two years) = $36.00 in your favor. A good trade off when you consider what the alternative could be: NO free premiums and your bill goes up by $5.00 anyway. At least DISH is giving us something of value for our price hike.

Yes. Not what it costs Dish, it's the "lost revenue" to Dish. Granted, how many would have paid for the subscription if this offer did not exist?

Yes. Not what it costs Dish, it's the "lost revenue" to Dish. Granted, how many would have paid for the subscription if this offer did not exist?

I would not of subbed to Starz if it wasn't for free. I can get the same shows off of my Netflix unlimited streaming only plan for only $8.65 with tax included.

MikeD-C05 said:
I would not of subbed to Starz if it wasn't for free. I can get the same shows off of my Netflix unlimited streaming only plan for only $8.65 with tax included.
Can you? I'll have to do a comparison. Seems to me that Starz on TV is "better" than Netflix's Starz offering.

Oh, and Mojo, I wasn't actually meaning to be rough with you. If you took it that way, I apologize.

Apology accepted.
Sometimes what we post online can come across in the wrong way even something that someone may not think such as posting in all caps.
I also hope that some of my typing does not seem sarcastic at times.
I also did not mean to belittle anyone's profession such as the profession of an installer. I think that every profession is important. Just because one installer does something incorrect or even correct means that for the group as a whole. Like I said, we are all human and make mistakes. I know that I do, and I do like if someone points them out. We can learn from them if we choose to do so.
I was just trying to point out things that may be causing someone to not have the ideal picture on the their televisions. Sometimes it can be a simple fix, and the person may not have realized it.

I was looking to upgrading to Dish Latino Max, They still listed at $52.99 on their web-pages, where in fact it is $57.99. Can't believe Dish, would that be considered false advertising.
Anyway, if I'm on the Eastern Arc in Vermont, would there be some programming in the Dish Latino max package I would not be able to receive with my setup?
Also is Platinum HD with the Latino max the same as the English package Platinum HD?

Thanks for your help

Isn't that the problem, though? Dish Network has known about the price increase long enough to update their website.

I mean, what would you say if your gas station "just hadn't updated the signs" to show a 15 cent increase in the price of gas? Or if your grocery store charged you an extra dollar for a gallon of milk after "just not updating the price stickers yet".

At some point a corporation has got to be held responsible for ensuring their advertising and labeling is correct.

And no, a sign saying "prices may change at anytime" does NOT absolve a company from having incorrect pricing posted.

Don't even get me started with the fact that Dish should have told current AND potential customers about the price increase as soon as they decided they were going to do it instead of selling at the old pricing until Feb. 1 with NO NOTICE AT ALL on their website that the price would be going up.

But that's Dish. The thought that providing customers with that information being a good thing is far outweighed by Dish knowing they can get away with it once they have you locked into a contract with the words "pricing may change at any time...." Definitely not the most ethical, consumer friendly company.... but we already know that so I'm just wasting my time typing this.

They just haven't gotten around to updating the new pricing adding $5. It just started a week ago.

I have watched plenty of shows in hd from Starz. AT least I believe it was in hd. It looked great on my tv in upconverted 1080p. I will see if I can get tell a difference in my queue. I have up to 450 shows saved in my queue so it might take some time to check and see .

UPDATE: I just checked and Starz play is not in hd. But I really can't tell the difference between hd and upconverted 1080p on my tv I guess. It all looks pretty good.

Last edited:
I just got my bill and the top 250 when up to 69.99 and for the first time they added state tax.

Isn't that the problem, though? Dish Network has known about the price increase long enough to update their website.

I mean, what would you say if your gas station "just hadn't updated the signs" to show a 15 cent increase in the price of gas? Or if your grocery store charged you an extra dollar for a gallon of milk after "just not updating the price stickers yet".

At some point a corporation has got to be held responsible for ensuring their advertising and labeling is correct.

And no, a sign saying "prices may change at anytime" does NOT absolve a company from having incorrect pricing posted.

Don't even get me started with the fact that Dish should have told current AND potential customers about the price increase as soon as they decided they were going to do it instead of selling at the old pricing until Feb. 1 with NO NOTICE AT ALL on their website that the price would be going up.

But that's Dish. The thought that providing customers with that information being a good thing is far outweighed by Dish knowing they can get away with it once they have you locked into a contract with the words "pricing may change at any time...." Definitely not the most ethical, consumer friendly company.... but we already know that so I'm just wasting my time typing this.
The other thing no one has posted is the flier that came with the bill states no increase in premiums yet in the fine print it states playboy will no longer be bundeled with premiums and aep. net result no increase comes to a additional 10.00 on top of the 5.00

Outrageous stuff, especially for T250 subscribers like myself. Instead of giving value to customers who choose their best packages, what do Dish do? They increase everything to $5 p/m, basically telling their "valued customers": "We don't care about you or whether or not you're happy. We don't care about improving our position as perennial no. 2 of the 2 DTH services in America. All we want is some grub, and we'll take it from you. " Sure fine then, DirecTV, here I come!

The other thing no one has posted is the flier that came with the bill states no increase in premiums yet in the fine print it states playboy will no longer be bundeled with premiums and aep. net result no increase comes to a additional 10.00 on top of the 5.00

Why does anyone need that lame-ass Playboy channel for anyway? That's why we have the Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)