DISH Network Programming Updates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in...

DISH Network has added the Fuel TV and Fox Soccer channels to our America’s Top 120 Plus and Multi-Sport Pack programming packages. We have also added the NHL Network channel to the Russian Mega Pack. Plus, we have added several new music channels to our music lineup, as well as removed several music channels from our music lineup. In addition, the Jus One Punjabi channel is available in free preview now through February 2, 2011 for all customers with an applicable antenna pointed to the correct orbital location.

Here are the music channel changes...

• Country Gold: (CH 951)Celebrating the true heritage years when country music was the raw soundtrack for everyday Americans. Country Gold replaces the Rawhide channel which is no longer available.

• Ambrosia: (CH 965) A celebration of the classic soft rock and pop sounds that defined the easy rock explosion of the '70s and '80s. Ambrosia replaces the Fiesta Mexicana channel which is no longer available.

• The Café: (CH 961) The sounds of today's leading contemporary acts blend with classics from multiple genres. The Café replaces the Ink’d channel which is no longer available.

• The Beach: (CH 936) Classic lad back beach sounds mix with reggae, country and world music for a year round vacation. The Beach replaces the Shag Beach channel which is no longer available.

• Martini Time: (CH 964) A full menu of novel, retro cocktail music that's sure to satisfy everyone. Martini Time replaces the Estilos channel which is no longer available.

• Toned: (CH 942) Dance, pop, rock, and classic favorites combine forces for consistent energy in 120bpm range. Toned replaces the La Frontera channel which is no longer available.

• Shine: (CH 950) The best and brightest of today's current adult contemporary sounds. Shine replaces the Screen Door channel which is no longer available.

• The Party Play List: (CH 929) Non-stop, high-energy party anthems blended together to keep spirits high and the party going. The Party Play List replaces the Gumbo channel which is no longer available.

Effective January 5, 2011, the NHL Network has been added to the Russian Mega Pack at no additional charge.

i can see all these new music channels except ch 942. any idea why i can't see it? western arch, top 250 package, no hd. have locals too of course.

I am seeing 942 on the western arc when I go to all channels and it is red, as in it is a subscription channel. It looks like they need to fix the channel properties.....

Interesting, this FSC change seems to be part of the E*/Fox settlement. I like it.
Gives me fits though. I'd be willing to take the hit and lose Versus and a large number of channels to 120+ if I got FSC, but I need TCM. And TCM is only available on 200 or higher... and FSC isn't available on 200. Dropping from 250 to 200 and picking up the multi-sports pack would only save $3.

Not blaming Dish or anything. Just a little frustrating to being so close to have a $20 cheaper option.

Gives me fits though. I'd be willing to take the hit and lose Versus and a large number of channels to 120+ if I got FSC, but I need TCM. And TCM is only available on 200 or higher... and FSC isn't available on 200. Dropping from 250 to 200 and picking up the multi-sports pack would only save $3.

Not blaming Dish or anything. Just a little frustrating to being so close to have a $20 cheaper option.

It's not on 200??? Why the hell on 120, but not 200? Doesn't make sense, but that's Dish....

I think he is saying that it is available on 200 and above but not on anything lower.

No.

From Scott's OP -

DISH Network Programming Updates
Just got this in...

DISH Network has added the Fuel TV and Fox Soccer channels to our America’s Top 120 Plus and Multi-Sport Pack programming packages. We have also added the NHL Network channel to the Russian Mega Pack. Plus, we have added several new music channels to our music lineup, as well as removed several music channels from our music lineup. In addition, the Jus One Punjabi channel is available in free preview now through February 2, 2011 for all customers with an applicable antenna pointed to the correct orbital location.
Here are the music channel changes...

I think he is saying that it is available on 200 and above but not on anything lower.
As noted above, it is on 120+, 250 and the Multi-sport pack. Not on 200. 200 + Multi-sport pack is $3 less than 250, doesn't make sense to go that route. But if it was on the 200 pack, there would be no reason to put it on the multi-sport pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)