Dish Network Receiver Question

13babul13

Original poster
May 22, 2008
Hi,
I have a question regarding the Dish Network receivers. I plan on getting the Dish Latino Max programing because I want to view TruTv and I want my parents to view those Spanish movie channels. The problem is that I don't want to pay a lot more for the receivers. So, I was just to know if I purchase a receiver from Radio Shack would I need to pay a monthly fee for the receiver?

I have Comcast and its very expensive. Just the basic channels cost $60 per month. I looked at Direct Tv and they also have kind of expensive packages. So Dish is the best alternative.

Thank You. I really appreciate your help.:confused:

hello :)

yes you would still be paying a monthly fee if it's a dvr. if you're purchasing a receiver and not leasing it, there should be no fee

It does not matter if you own or lease, there is no fee on the first receiver. It is the second receiver that occurs the fee, additional receiver fee if it is owned and leased receiver fee if it is leased. Should you get a dual tuner receiver, you will occur an additional tuner fee if it is not hooked up to a phone line and a dvr fee if you get a dvr receiver.

301,311, 1 room SD ,322 2 rooms SD No Fees
But the following receivers 522,625, SD/DVR 2 rooms $6 Fee
Vip 612 1 room HD DVR,622,and 722 2 Rooms 1 SD DVR/1HD DVR, will have a DVR Fee +HD enabling fee $11 per month. Or Subscribe to HD and Enabling fee is waved, But then you have HD Fee $10 for HD Programming
Vip 211 1 Room HD ,222 2 rooms 1 HD 1 SD, $5 HD Enabling Fee, or $10 for HD Programming

301,311, 1 room SD ,322 2 rooms SD No Fees
But the following receivers 522,625, SD/DVR 2 rooms $6 Fee
Vip 612 1 room HD DVR,622,and 722 2 Rooms 1 SD DVR/1HD DVR, will have a DVR Fee +HD enabling fee $11 per month. Or Subscribe to HD and Enabling fee is waved, But then you have HD Fee $10 for HD Programming
Vip 211 1 Room HD ,222 2 rooms 1 HD 1 SD, $5 HD Enabling Fee, or $10 for HD Programming

Thank You guys. I want to purchase the DISH 322 satellite receiver. So, one additional question, What happens after the two year contract expires? Do they lower the price or does it continue the same? Because I had had cable for approximately 3 years now, but all the company does if increase its cost. Mmm, and do they out date (receivers)? Meaning that i would have to purchase another receiver.
Again, Thank You all. :)

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT,....A purchased 322 would fall under the free-for-all promotion, thus no 24 month agreement required. Since its owned there is also no lease fee and if plugged into a land line, the $5 additionnal tuner fee is waved. As hemi had stated, they are a solid receiver and would be a wise purchase. But if your concerned you could join the dish home protectiopn plan at $5 per month and this would cover the cost of any problems from a bad connection to your child spilling milk into into the box.

if you're purchasing a receiver and not leasing it, there should be no fee
This is false for either DBS provider. Owned receivers are subject to the same level of fees as leased receivers.

Repeat after me: there is no monthly savings for owning versus leasing.

This is false for either DBS provider. Owned receivers are subject to the same level of fees as leased receivers.

:up:up:up

Makes NO sense to own/buy other than no 24 month commitment. I used to own mine-----no more. I've got 3 older ones collecting dust.:rolleyes:

Ed

hello :)

yes you would still be paying a monthly fee if it's a dvr. if you're purchasing a receiver and not leasing it, there should be no fee

Rey's words were "there should be no fee" for owned equipment with which I heartily agree. Multiple attempts to get "dish customer relations" to see the light have been unfruitful, however.

Rey's words were "there should be no fee" for owned equipment with which I heartily agree. Multiple attempts to get "dish customer relations" to see the light have been unfruitful, however.

You can get rid of the leased receiver and additional receiver fees. Just have one receiver. If you have more than one receiver, Dish feels you need to pay something in order to use it.

i said "there should be no fees". your comment on there is no monthly savings for owning versus leasing is one i've used many times so it's nothing new to me nor nothing new to most. by the way, what exactly does dish charge for an owned receiver? not a dvr, a receiver? not directv, dish? i was never charged for an owned receiver with dish (vip 211)..... dvr is a different story. directv charges you a lease fee or if you own, a mirroring fee whether it be a dvr or a plain receiver. you don't save anything.

Vip 211 would still have an HD enabling fee if its Leased, Owned I'm not sure. I would think Not since it is your receiver.
No matter what you have to either pay $10 for HD service with any Leased HD receiver, Or your Paying $5 extra if you chose not to subscribe to HD service.

i said "there should be no fees".
CATV typically charges for a CableCard if you buy your box. DISH and DIRECTV both charge a fee either way.

Apparently your position isn't widely held by the providers as most all of them charge something for using owned equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts