Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - October 24, 2007

Also, I didnt know there was bandwith that needed to be recaim. They have the space on 129 and 61.5 now. They could have launched 2 channels that would have stoped alot of the im going to directv moves. SCIFI and USAHD would have been it!

I'm taking this as a sign that Dish has finally gotten the message that 129 has huge reception issues in much of the country. Until Ciel 2 replaces/augments Echostar 5, I think a lot of E* subs would prefer they add the HD to 110. (Also, I'm sure no one would complain if the HD PPV was moved to 61.5/129 while the 6 most popular mpeg4 HD channels moved to 110 in their place.)

Here's a sample how to re-gain bandwith:

Drop all PPVchannels (like someone already said).
Drop TBS HD (there is no hd there)

Well, there may be contractual issues with TBS-HD.

And you've got to believe that they ADDED the PPV-HD because they thought it would give a bigger boost to their bottom-line than adding 5 national HD channels would (you know, sort of plump themselves up for ATT). :)

=NLK=

I'm taking this as a sign that Dish has finally gotten the message that 129 has huge reception issues in much of the country. Until Ciel 2 replaces/augments Echostar 5, I think a lot of E* subs would prefer they add the HD to 110. (Also, I'm sure no one would complain if the HD PPV was moved to 61.5/129 while the 6 most popular mpeg4 HD channels moved to 110 in their place.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are now talking about Wildblue. (Nothing to report there)
Talking about Clearwire. (Now available for retailers to sell via Dish Networks DSL tool)

Shows what you know - USA is showing about 10 hours a day in HD.
Today's schedule for example (all times PDT):

Midnight: L&O:CI Cherry Red
1-9: SD programs (including one hour of "paid programming")
9-11: Barbershop 2
11-15: two SD? movies
15-16: L&O:CI Cuba Libre
16-17: L&O:CI Cold Comfort
17-18: L&O:SVU Angels
18-19: L&O:SVU Mercy
19-20: L&O:SVU Desperate
20-21: L&O:CI Cuba Libre (repeated from 15:00)
21-22: L&O:SVU Angels (repeated from 17:00)

Tomorrow, the Zap2It schedule shows only 8 hours of HD programming, Friday six, Saturday four, Sunday two. It has been widely established that the Zap2It information about HD, as well as DIRECTV's own guide information, is not very good with their HD logo.

I was thinking more of the bitter disappointment that is Sci-Fi, but your point is taken.

His point is taken but come on. It's like A&E HD. If you don't like CSI: Miami, don't bother turning on that channel. Same thing here, if you don't like the L&O's, you have........Barbershop 2.

The main interest is original programming.

Today's schedule for example (all times PDT):

Midnight: L&O:CI Cherry Red
1-9: SD programs (including one hour of "paid programming")
9-11: Barbershop 2
11-15: two SD? movies
15-16: L&O:CI Cuba Libre
16-17: L&O:CI Cold Comfort
17-18: L&O:SVU Angels
18-19: L&O:SVU Mercy
19-20: L&O:SVU Desperate
20-21: L&O:CI Cuba Libre (repeated from 15:00)
21-22: L&O:SVU Angels (repeated from 17:00)

Tomorrow, the Zap2It schedule shows only 8 hours of HD programming, Friday six, Saturday four, Sunday two. It has been widely established that the Zap2It information about HD, as well as DIRECTV's own guide information, is not very good with their HD logo.

I was thinking more of the bitter disappointment that is Sci-Fi, but your point is taken.

His point is taken but come on. It's like A&E HD. If you don't like CSI: Miami, don't bother turning on that channel. Same thing here, if you don't like the L&O's, you have........Barbershop 2.

Monk is in HD on the nights that it's on.

ditto how much of L&O can you take:eek:. I wouldn't watch this channel tonight if I had it.

Its Tech Chat time with Leslie Harper.

First Leslie tells us that the 622 and 722 now support the QBOX (for commercial installs)

Next up she tells us that DishONLINE has started rolling out and will continue rolling out over the next few weeks.

She gives us a demo through screen shots but does not show us the "After Hours" section. BTW the After Hours section is not available everywhere do to local laws.

A video will be downloaded to 622's and 722's soon which is about 9 minutes long and shows people how to hook up their 622 and 722 to their broadband network.

Leslie then tells us about the fix which allows TV2 to be able to access the external hard drive on the 622 / 722.

Jim tells people to hook up their 622's to 722 to the ethernet to avoid the phone line fee.

Jim asks about Late Night and Leslie points out that state like Utah prevent viewing of Adult programming on Set top boxes.

Attachments

• chat25.jpg
    chat25.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 240
  • chat26.jpg
    chat26.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 292
  • chat27.jpg
    chat27.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 238
  • chat28.jpg
    chat28.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 251
  • chat29.jpg
    chat29.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 219
  • chat30.jpg
    chat30.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 188
  • chat31.jpg
    chat31.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 197
  • chat32.jpg
    chat32.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 191
  • chat33.jpg
    chat33.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 189
  • chat34.jpg
    chat34.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 205
  • chat35.jpg
    chat35.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 238
  • chat36.jpg
    chat36.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 268
  • chat37.jpg
    chat37.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 273
  • chat38.jpg
    chat38.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 231
Well, I guess my decision to purchase the season pass for Stargate Atlantis was worth it; as it does not sound like we'll get Sci FI HD soon. :( And I get a better picture with my ipod touch than with the SD version of Sci Fi. :rolleyes:

Dish is closing down the retailer activation line because the number is being posted on forums like out. They will be putting up a new number and it will work via voice activation and is for installers only.

On to question time. Any questions and good answers I will post them here. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)