Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - October 24, 2007

Sorry to hijack, but as a sidenote it was announced today that Stargate Atlantis and Eureka were RENEWED for another season......

...and after watching the BG webisode during Flash Gordon with the original vipers, basestars, and cylon raiders, I'm wishing for a prequel spinoff...... "The Will Adama Chronicles", anyone?

Sorry, encouraging the hijack...

Count me in. I'm liking these webisodes better then the ones last year that took place on New Caprica. I'm watching them online, though, because I can't stomach the new Flash Gordon.

What I'm hoping (and maybe the producers are too) that these webisodes will spur interest in the Caprica spinoff series -- which I wish they would revise to be about young Will Adama, and not about his father.

I find it interesting that Jim must rely on making fun and degrading the competition instead of being able let E* stand on it's own reputation. By any reasonable measure, E* has fallen way behind in HD programming and it appears there is nothing in the foreseeable future to change that. When they have to start taking down an HDPPV channel to create the necessary bandwith then they've got serious problems. Instead of wasting time and effort to degrade a competitor, efforts would be better spent in becoming competitive again. Personally, I don't see E* doing jacksh*t until this potential sale to ATT is finalized one way or the other. Makes no sense for a company to be putting any more money back in then is absolutely necessary.

I guess you missed the 8000 threads by Dish people screaming for TBS-HD. :p
Isn't this typical ? People screamed for more HD channels, Dish gave 'em one, and now they complain that it really doesn't show HD programming. Well, you didn't ask for HD programming, you asked for a channel ! :D

Seriously though, I do agree that it was primarily for baseball....

Personally, I don't see E* doing jacksh*t until this potential sale to ATT is finalized one way or the other. Makes no sense for a company to be putting any more money back in then is absolutely necessary.
Is a prospective sale any less constraining than what D* is going through in the process of finalizing the majority stockholder takeover by Liberty Media? D* has been in takeover mode pretty much from the beginning and the Liberty negotiations started almost three years ago.

News Corp., Liberty Media reach deal | CNET News.com

So, nothing about the Generation 5 Archos players? I thought there was supposed to be some news on these Pocket Dish replacements?

Obviously a person who has never used a TIVO. I am not flame baiting here only stating a very obvious fact. It's not even close or then it would be opinion.

I've had both and the Tivo is better than no DVR. Most of the features people seem to like I hated. I don't want my DVR to try and guess what I want. The 7100 was better than the tivo, 721 was better than the 7100, the 622 is better than the 721. The 501's were OK.

I'm talking ease of use not SD vs HD or tuners.

The 501 and the 721 and 622 have met a big must have. Any family member can use them easily.

It may be one of those "we deliver it the way we get it" things. I'm guessing that there is no SD version.

you can process the Hd feed to SD at the Echostar uplink or there is a SD feed on c-band (but it might be a Canadian version and not available to be taken by U.S. pay-tv providers).

I still have to laugh at a NHL official crowing on sports radio today about how the launch of the NHL Network has been successful at getting the sport to the masses. I'd say it's been a bomb - only available to HD pay-tv subscribers on various U.S. platforms so it's only a fraction of the U.S. pay-tv universe that gets the NHL Network..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts