Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - October 24, 2007

Claude from DishStore.NET calls in asking about DishCOMM.

Leslie gives Claude instructions on how DishCOMM should work.

Not a good question or good answer but still good to hear Claude on the chat. :)

I had a TIVO HD DVR when I had DirecTv (I do not know about the current Tivos) but compare that one to the 622. There is no contest... 622 is much better.

I like Dish Network DVR better than Tivo because you can pause a Dish Network DVR for two hours, you can skip 30 seconds ahead without having to punch in some sort of special code to do so. I am so used to the Dish Network DVR though but have seen the Tivo in action and thought my was better and that was a few years ago.

I had a TIVO HD DVR when I had DirecTv (I do not know about the current Tivos) but compare that one to the 622. There is no contest... 622 is much better.

I guess I am comparing the 622 to the standalone TIVO first generation boxes. Those things were much better with managing season passes (it may be that the guide data was better, I don't know). Sure the 622 can do HD and record three things at once (counting OTA) but as far as DVR functionality the TIVO's are (or at least were) world's better than Dish Network's DVR's.

I would not say Tivo is the worlds BEST DVR.. but it does set the bar for everyone to reach..

Dish's DVR is equal to Tivo on most items, however where they lack is DVR to DVR , DVR to PC, PC to DVR transfers.. Custom applications from PC to DVR enables playing music from the PC on the TV.. DVR to PSP, IPOD, etc.. there are more.. that Dish is missing..

but on functionality the both have.. dish is on par with tivo..

I have to give the nod to Dish over Direct simply due to the two TV feature. I have 6 TVs being fed by three DVRs. It is about the only thing keeping me with them as I have wanted the NFL package for years and with their new HD additions I would switch if not for Dish's DVRs.

I have to give the nod to Dish over Direct simply due to the two TV feature.

Agreed that's a nice feature until you start replacing your SD TV's with HD sets then the TV2 feature is mute. In my setup that would be good only for two TV's, I have three HD sets that would need three HD DVR's.

Well, I guess my decision to purchase the season pass for Stargate Atlantis was worth it; as it does not sound like we'll get Sci FI HD soon. :( And I get a better picture with my ipod touch than with the SD version of Sci Fi. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hijack, but as a sidenote it was announced today that Stargate Atlantis and Eureka were RENEWED for another season......

...and after watching the BG webisode during Flash Gordon with the original vipers, basestars, and cylon raiders, I'm wishing for a prequel spinoff...... "The Will Adama Chronicles", anyone?

The Hangar | Videos | SCI FI Pulse

Agreed that's a nice feature until you start replacing your SD TV's with HD sets then the TV2 feature is mute. In my setup that would be good only for two TV's, I have three HD sets that would need three HD DVR's.

True but right now my TV2s are primarily in the kids bedrooms and they don't need HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts