Dish Network TV 2 Remote Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MountainDewd

Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
This one is strange. Hope you can help. My TV 2 remote only works when the TV hooked up to TV1 is turned off. I have relocated the UHF antenna to a different area, but it doesn't help. I have a Panasonic HD TV, VIP 722 DVR, and a Rosewill HDMI "splitter". Any help would be appreciated.

thats pretty strange, not many tvs are going to cause uhf interference, try changing the band on your tv2 remote and readdress it to a different number. you can rule out uhf interference by taking off the remot ant and trying the remote directly on the ant port, if it works with the tv on, you can backfeed your antenna or maybe attenuate it

Sounds like you have your receiver set on "single tv" rather on "dual". Push the button under the door on the right side that is labeled "mode". If it is in dual mode it should work normally.

Question, can the reported LCD lighting of the IR receiver on TV1 flood the Dish receiver for both TV1 and TV2? Being in single mode is a possibility.

What is a Rosewill HDMI "splitter"? A way around HDCP? Or just one output or the other?

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts