Dish Network's Charlie ergen in FCC crosshairs over wireless buildout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Man, if I was still young, I'd be jonsing to be the guy that climbs the tower! (I used to be an Iron Worker, in a past life)

When I was teenager, I had a summer job for couple of years changing light bulbs on radio, TV, and communications towers. That was well before modern labor laws of course. A friend with a tower installation/maintenance business tells me that today most of the towers his crews work on now have LED light sources at the base with fiber to lenses on the tower. Where's the fun in that! ;)

When I was teenager, I had a summer job for couple of years changing light bulbs on radio, TV, and communications towers. That was well before modern labor laws of course. A friend with a tower installation/maintenance business tells me that today most of the towers his crews work on now have LED light sources at the base with fiber to lenses on the tower. Where's the fun in that! ;)

[media]

Reactions: Skytrooper

Heh! He has a lot better safety equipment than I had! I used a linemans leather pole climbing belt with two short ropes with open steel hooks attached to it. :eek::)

My mother only knew that I was working for a maintenance company. I think she thought I was cleaning bathrooms or something. It wasn't until I was in Vietnam that my girlfriend, now wife, let the truth slip. Wow, did I get a scathing letter! :biggrin

Am I glad to hear that. I tell people my testicles ache when I look down from heights and they all look at me strange.
Glad I'm not alone.
You aren't alone, I used to be a Firefighter until I fell from about 25' on a fire. Broke 4 ribs in my back and now heights do exactly the same to me. Weird thing is not every time and I can force myself but there is a reason I am now longer a firefighter. Qualifies as PTSD for me, go figure.

Charlie & the FCC has more to do with politics, Charlie is a big time donor to the Democrat's, He has donated very little to tbe Republicans, if anything, yet he expects the Republican's to favor him some 5G licenses. How stupid can you be to support one political organization or another and expect favors from both parties?

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Charlie & the FCC has more to do with politics, Charlie is a big time donor to the Democrat's, He has donated very little to tbe Republicans, if anything, yet he expects the Republican's to favor him some 5G licenses. How stupid can you be to support one political organization or another and expect favors from both parties?

One would think, in a business like his, that, like it or not, is sometimes dependent on political ‘favors’ you would hedge your bets and ‘donate’ equally to both.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm not afraid of heights, generally, but there is a limit and 326' on a steel antenna with about a 12" diameter at the top??? Eeeek!

I've never been that high before, but I've worked at the tip of an aerial ladder before for hours. You have no idea how much affect a 1,000 gpm nozzle can have on a 100' aerial when it's shut off and turned on.

Well, aside from all the money he gave to the Republicans anyway (Grassley, McCain, Fleischman). Also, Echostar has a PAC that gives to both. Charlie might be a Democrat, but he knows enough to give to both sides to get what he wants.

You aren't alone, I used to be a Firefighter until I fell from about 25' on a fire. Broke 4 ribs in my back and now heights do exactly the same to me. Weird thing is not every time and I can force myself but there is a reason I am now longer a firefighter. Qualifies as PTSD for me, go figure.

During training on my certification for FF, we were doing ladders...had a young guy (just had graduated HS and turned 19) who was TERRIFIED of heights..but he pushed himself to try and overcome it. We were doing a ladder steeple (I assume you know the term)..
This guy was climbing a ladder that was extended to about 52'... He made it to the top just fine...but on the way down, he got such a bad anxiety attack that he fainted briefly and let go...from 42' he fell on a concrete pad.
tib/fib through the skin, crushed heel, wrist broken, l5 hairline fracture....

We didn't steeple anymore after that...

Reactions: Cheddar_Head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)