Dish Network's Charlie ergen in FCC crosshairs over wireless buildout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Charlie & the FCC has more to do with politics, Charlie is a big time donor to the Democrat's, He has donated very little to tbe Republicans, if anything, yet he expects the Republican's to favor him some 5G licenses. How stupid can you be to support one political organization or another and expect favors from both parties?

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

They are all for sale. He'll grease them if it's needed, don't worry about that...

Reactions: charlesrshell
During training on my certification for FF, we were doing ladders...had a young guy (just had graduated HS and turned 19) who was TERRIFIED of heights..but he pushed himself to try and overcome it. We were doing a ladder steeple (I assume you know the term)..
This guy was climbing a ladder that was extended to about 52'... He made it to the top just fine...but on the way down, he got such a bad anxiety attack that he fainted briefly and let go...from 42' he fell on a concrete pad.
tib/fib through the skin, crushed heel, wrist broken, l5 hairline fracture....

We didn't steeple anymore after that...
Yeah, some of the older civilians used to use steeple training just to scare the young troops (Air Force FF here), gotta haze the kids. I always thought it was pretty stupid as you would never do a crossover like that in real life.

After falling I don't think I could even think about doing it again, and nope got the tingle just typing this.

My sister was training as a telephone line technician and fell off the pole. She broke her leg, but 6 months later she went back and went up the pole to finish her training.
As a telephone technician I fell off a pole once from about 15 feet. I landed flat on my back and it knocked the wind out of me. There was a boy in the yard watching me, he asked if I was all right. I nodded yes because I couldn't talk. After regaining breath I got up and climbed right back up that pole even though my work was done. I belted in, laid back, took a big breath, and descended back to the ground. I was lucky....

During training on my certification for FF, we were doing ladders...had a young guy (just had graduated HS and turned 19) who was TERRIFIED of heights..but he pushed himself to try and overcome it. We were doing a ladder steeple (I assume you know the term)..
This guy was climbing a ladder that was extended to about 52'... He made it to the top just fine...but on the way down, he got such a bad anxiety attack that he fainted briefly and let go...from 42' he fell on a concrete pad.
tib/fib through the skin, crushed heel, wrist broken, l5 hairline fracture....

We didn't steeple anymore after that...

Yikes!!

As a telephone technician I fell off a pole once from about 15 feet. I landed flat on my back and it knocked the wind out of me. There was a boy in the yard watching me, he asked if I was all right. I nodded yes because I couldn't talk. After regaining breath I got up and climbed right back up that pole even though my work was done. I belted in, laid back, took a big breath, and descended back to the ground. I was lucky....

I had an electric meter problem a couple years ago and called for service (the ground cable had a bad Splice).
The crew shows up with a cameraman and lady with clipboard (lots of flirting).
Up the pole the guy goes, making a big production of it.

Talked to one of the techs and he laughed and said with their bucket trucks, it is very rare to climb any more . Things were slow at the shop that morning and they decided to have some fun.

I know it is. We started doing MVDDS Site Surveys today, which means test site installs are coming soon. If the technology is used to it's fullest extent that we imagine from the test builds, it'll be pretty special

Also, 5 of us in my office were picked to start training on NB-IoT

Participating in the MVDDS project as well. Cautiously optimistic for now.

Reactions: HipKat and NYDutch
Participating in the MVDDS project as well. Cautiously optimistic for now.

Biggest issues with it so far is the way it’s affecting how I get routed and the holes in the process that nobody seems willing to fill-in, as far as the surveys go

Reactions: Ziptied
Yeah, some of the older civilians used to use steeple training just to scare the young troops (Air Force FF here), gotta haze the kids. I always thought it was pretty stupid as you would never do a crossover like that in real life.

After falling I don't think I could even think about doing it again, and nope got the tingle just typing this.

It has no practical use, that I've seen, in any sort of FF scenario. Maybe rescuing a kitty without a ladder truck? There's no way you could leg-lock and do anything besides fear the 4 people who are holding your life in their hands via the rope.

Reactions: Cheddar_Head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)