Dish online guide/dvr troubles?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fletchmath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Am I missing something? The guide and DVR controls seem to be getting worse on Dishonline.

- The guide doesn't seem to show all the channels. I can't find the HDALT channels, for instance.

- Trying to choose a day and filter is awful. I click a few times and seem to get random listings of things that have nothing to do with my filter. Sometimes changing the filter resets the time to "right now"... frustrating and useless.

- Looking at my DVR timers, the date of a timer is shown, but not the time or channel. I can't tell when one of my timers is going to go off -- am I missing something here? Normally this isn't a big deal (I trust it to find the shows it's looking for), but when I'm trying to do a 1-shot recording of "College Football", and when these ALT broadcasts are so mobile, I'd like to be able to confirm time & channel.

Ken

Im haveing trouble with my dishonline.com, my 2nd reciever (same as my primary) says that its not online but when i go to the dish box and check the menu it says status: connected

Yes, DishOnline is all messed up. The biggest issue is that when you go to the online guide and try to press the button to Watch on TV, even though the DVR is connected, you can get the listing of recorded shows, it does not switch channels. I wish they would bring the old sling site back until they fix it. Never had an issue with the sling site.

It's ridiculous. Sort of like dealing with MicroSoft, everyone is asleep at Dish. Either that or Charlie doesn't use DishOnline and doesn't give a crap.. Because if he did to lookup the guide on his laptop and then switch channels then he'd be so down someones throat that his voice would be heard 3 feet lower!

I know it communicating because when I call up my recorded shows and press watch on TV now, the playback starts. But the online guide refuses to change channels.

It's gotten worse over other receivers as they've rolled out software not better.

Give us back Sling until you guys get it right!

First ... the old Sling site hasn't gone completely yet.. still accessible via http://dish.sling.com

If your Dish Network email address and password don't work .. create an account for yourself at Sling, using the same email address and password that you used for Dish Network .. and you should be able to get in.

Second.. often times messed up channel info was caused by some weird account issue
accounts are/were cached per server, and so each time you'd log into Dish Remote Access you were internally connected to the last server you connected to before. At some point the account data became corrupted and it showed by not giving you access to DVR items, or showing wrong channels or missing channels in the guide

but the current not changing channels, not playing content except it accidentally starting on TV1 rather than web .. yeah that garbage is *ALL* on Dish Online's side.. :)

As to Dish Online ... if you're not getting access to your content (dvr'd items) then your connection is suspect and so is the account data ... there's lots of help available to trouble shoot things.. just need to know more about what your situation is, and what's been done to check the streaming ability (more on that after finding out if it ever worked).

GHenny .... did your ever work? or is this the first real time you're trying?

Thanks! :) DishOnline seems to be doing great as a content aggregator .. Hulu without commercials (at least on the commercialized shows I've tried) Hbo, Sho, Max, Starz, Epix, etc..

even within that they've had issues due to slow updates for the Widevine Media plugin (primarily Firefox & Chrome), but for anything DVR related .. <breathes heavy long sigh> If its not the missing timers, the missing guide data, the missing DVR events .. then its the plays on TV1 instead of in the web page, or the mixture of DVR content that is also available via other locations (hulu) to the point that if you click wrong (if you record a show that Hulu has) clicking on the title of a show rather than the tiny "play" button in an event, your next displayed page loads Hulu content to play (clicking play in the center of the screen) rather than loading the item from your DVR.

So anything DVR/Sling related has taken back seat to everything else on the site... hence the immediate reaction of DishOnline being inferior to Dish Remote Access...

Do everyone a favor.. every time you go to DishOnline if something doesn't work, fill out a "Feedback" or "player problem report" .. the more we can get someone behind DishOnline to realize there's not just one or two of us out here.. maybe the chances will improve for getting DO upgraded to do more like DRA.

Since Dishonline was brought up, my pet peeve is that you cannot use your Google TV device to download anything from Dishonline! After talking with csr, they said I could always watch on my puter!
Duh? Dish sells the Google device but takes no ownership of this problem?? How hard would it be to at least make an app for the upcoming software upgrade of Google TV?

And then one day I had a dream that Dish had tied Blockbuster, Google TV , and Dishonline all together with an app or upgrades? (of course I woke up and realized it was only a dream)

IF you could use the google revue unit for DISH ONLINE , you would effectively be able to use it on another tv in your house and watch your dvr in Hd over that tv. No need for sling extender any longer. Seems like that may be why they don't enable it.

And then one day I had a dream that Dish had tied Blockbuster, Google TV , and Dishonline all together with an app or upgrades? (of course I woke up and realized it was only a dream)
wasn't a dream ... was a nightmare.. imagine what would happen when dish DOES finally link them together.. will it work? won't it? will you have to do some form of Native Indian GoodMooju dance before pressing "play" to get it working?

wasn't a dream ... was a nightmare.. imagine what would happen when dish DOES finally link them together.. will it work? won't it? will you have to do some form of Native Indian GoodMooju dance before pressing "play" to get it working?

You are expected to do the chicken dance while repeating three times : There is no place like DISH , there is no place like DISH, there is no place.........;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)