DISH Price Increases

If I'm reading this right, I can unsubscribe from my premiums and re-add them and actually pay $1 less than now, because the price increases would be offset by the premium price cuts.

If anyone is planning on upgrading to the hopper or adding joey(s) now would be the time to do it, before 1/14/16.

At least you can get on the grandfathered wagon for however long it lasts, which we all know is not forever.

Reactions: Foxbat
Is there any word on Dish America, Silver, and Gold prices? Although not listed on the chart, I would assume a $5 increase to those as well?

I would say that if you are thinking of getting DISH to HOLD OFF until After January 15th... DISH will have a brand new promotion starting then which will make price conscious new customers very happy. Since the promotion was not publicly announced (and is not available yet) I am not going to mention it... but will say its a real great deal. :)

I'm still holding out hope that the Joey increase to $10 is a misprint. We have a call in to our distributor who also thought from the graphics on the chat that the Joeys are staying at $7. He's making some calls now and finding out for sure.

If Joeys for new customers are really going to be $10 it's going to make selling additional TV's very difficult when the competition is only $6.50.

If I'm reading this right, I can unsubscribe from my premiums and re-add them and actually pay $1 less than now, because the price increases would be offset by the premium price cuts.
I do not think it would work that way, as scott said the premium prices are for new customers. Current pay the current rate. Unless I misunderstood.

I'm still holding out hope that the Joey increase to $10 is a misprint. We have a call in to our distributor who also thought from the graphics on the chat that the Joeys are staying at $7. He's making some calls now and finding out for sure.

If Joeys for new customers are really going to be $10 it's going to make selling additional TV's very difficult when the competition is only $6.50.
And when you have to sell them a Higher base package price.
Since Directv's isn't until February or March.

So in January Dish will be higher??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I do not think it would work that way, as scott said the premium prices are for new customers. Current pay the current rate. Unless I misunderstood.
My guess is they will extend that courtesy to existing customers if they find out about it and ask for it. Especially is they are advertising them at that price. They had darn well better make sure they have BIG fine print on that, or I see the FTC biting their a$$.

So with America's Everything Pak I get an $8 increase even though 3 of the components of that pack (HBO, Cinemax & Starz) will now be sold for an aggregate $12 less? Is that correct or am I missing something?

I have 2 HWS and 2 Joeys. If the grandfathering were to go away that would be a $12 increase plus the $8 package increase plus the lack of $12 decrease. That's a $32 impact unless I'm missing something. And where does the current DVR service fee fall? Is that now combined with the Hopper and Joey fee? If that is now included that is a $12 savings so that helps a bit plus the grandfathering.

So with America's Everything Pak I get an $8 increase even though 3 of the components of that pack (HBO, Cinemax & Starz) will now be sold for an aggregate $12 less? Is that correct or am I missing something?
New premium pricing is for new customers only.

If the grandfathering were to go away that would be a $12 increase plus the $8 package increase plus the lack of $12 decrease.
I think the grandfathering is a way of throwing existing customers a bone and an incentive to stay because coming back in two years will be more costly.

Reactions: Foxbat

I have 2 HWS and 2 Joeys. If the grandfathering were to go away that would be a $12 increase plus the $8 package increase plus the lack of $12 decrease. That's a $32 impact unless I'm missing something. And where does the current DVR service fee fall? Is that now combined with the Hopper and Joey fee? If that is now included that is a $12 savings so that helps a bit plus the grandfathering.

Since it appears that AEP is a grandfathered package, a move to T250 and no premiums and then negotiate over the premiums might be in order. Of course that would be a gamble.

Reactions: satjay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts