DISH Price Increases

Hope you're right, someone needs to tell the folks at the retailer site about that. They're the ones who posted this info.

I have a feeling that somebody made a typo and included the Joey and Wireless Joey on the line with the SuperJoey instead of the next line with the Wally. It just doesn't make sense that Dish would raise the fee more than 40% in one shot.

Reactions: stardust3
New premium pricing is for new customers only.

Is that derived from the note that says it isn't offered to public/private customers? I didn't read it that way but was curious what that meant. And if that is correct does that mean I would get no increase at all?

Thanks.

In my case from last year, I'm paying $9 less for HBO and will be paying $5 more for the package, actually paying $4 less if I am grandfathered for DVR fee. Additional receiver fee did not go up grandfathered or not.

It's never good with increases in cost, especially large ones that both DISH and Direct apparently are having. (No doubt Cable will continue with theirs also) I did not check Hopper to Genie new costs, maybe that's where people are saying Direct increases don't seem that bad. For VIP and equivalent Direct receivers and packages the gap is even wider with DISH being less.

So with America's Everything Pak I get an $8 increase even though 3 of the components of that pack (HBO, Cinemax & Starz) will now be sold for an aggregate $12 less? Is that correct or am I missing something?

I have 2 HWS and 2 Joeys. If the grandfathering were to go away that would be a $12 increase plus the $8 package increase plus the lack of $12 decrease. That's a $32 impact unless I'm missing something. And where does the current DVR service fee fall? Is that now combined with the Hopper and Joey fee? If that is now included that is a $12 savings so that helps a bit plus the grandfathering.

Same with me.. AM Everything and the Movie channels. So I call and cancel service and then call back 10 minutes later and I'm a new customer and I get the Movie Channels for less and just get TOP 250.

Yup, they have to do some serious fine tuning for existing customers or they will see letters going out to the FTC.

This nugget wasn't mention in the Chat but was included in the post chat summary.

HBO® and Cinemax® Refer a Friend Offer

Existing customers who refer two new customers from Jan. 1 through June 30, 2016, will receive a free 12-month subscription to HBO® and Cinemax®. This promotion is in addition to the $5 off for 10 months that an existing customer receives when referring a new DISH customer and is available to both Residential and Public/Private accounts.

- This Offer is limited to one free 12-month subscription to both premium packages per customer.
- Referred customers must activate within the eligibility period.
- The referring customer will receive an email after the second referral activates notifying them that they have earned the free 12-month subscription.
- Within one week, the customer should begin receiving programming.
- A customer who is already a Subscriber to either or both packages, will have their original programming replaced with the 12-month HBO® and Cinemax® Offer.
- This is a roll-to-drop offer; if the customer chooses to retain services after the promotional offer ends, they can visit the My Offers page at MyDISH.com or contact DISH Customer Service to add them.

Reactions: Tampa8
As far as the "Additional Receiver Fee" and "DVR Fee" increases go, there are only 2 changes. Both apply to new customers. The "DVR Fee" will increase by $3 (Both Hopper and ViP) and the "Additional Receiver Fee" (Hopper Only) will increase by $3. The DVR fee increase applies only to new customers (After Jan 14th). Haven't gotten confirmation on whether or not the "$3 Additional Hopper Fee" applies to existing customers or not.

I did a quick scan of the channels I watch on a regular basis and it appears that I need to keep AT 200 to watch NBC Sports. $5 increase for me...

But after my whole 211 death and resurrection, I guess I should have gone with the HWS/SuperJoey solution. Unless January reveals some totally new possibilities...

Reactions: fhsucade07
I did a quick scan of the channels I watch on a regular basis and it appears that I need to keep AT 200 to watch NBC Sports. $5 increase for me...

But after my whole 211 death and resurrection, I guess I should have gone with the HWS/SuperJoey solution. Unless January reveals some totally new possibilities...
NBCSN and TCM are killing me... though I should at least be happy that NBCSN isn't just on 250 anymore. I miss the days of Latino Dos and FSC.

Plus, it's almost like the only reason to have Dish is to Validate the Channel Apps on my ?TV... :)

With Netflix and HBO Now, I get plenty of programming. CBS has a huge backlog of current and classic TV shows. All that is $35/mo. On the "free" side Comedy Central released their channel app, but they don't recognize Dish as a partner (or at least didn't when I last checked) so I can get my nightly fix of faux news but not past programs.

The monthly subscription model for pay TV is changing and it looks like more these price increases hit the traditional providers, the more cord cutters will go to the new model where Infrastructure isn't part of the subscription cost.

I'll say it again: DISH is the KING of charge it because we can,made up FEES!!! Still growing in price as their subs continue to bail. Great recipe for "growing" your company , the only problem is it is growing in the wrong direction. :hiding

The only silver lining is that if you don't change your receivers , you won't see any increase in dvr fee or additional receiver prices.

I'll say it again: DISH is the KING of charge it because we can,made up FEES!!! Still growing in price as their subs continue to bail. Great recipe for "growing" your company , the only problem is it is growing in the wrong direction. :hiding

The only silver lining is that if you don't change your receivers , you won't see any increase in dvr fee or additional receiver prices.
Yeah, with Directv and the Cable companies cutting their programming and equipment costs year after year, it is amazing that Dish is still around.

Reactions: Tampa8
Yeah , Directv is the new Official King of FEES.
Been that was since they Implemented that RSN fee, and that Stupid fee on the First receiver.

Like someone could actually subscribe to Directv without something to watch it on.
They might as well just add it to their basepackage price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell