Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

Check your bill then, because there were no channel package flag changes on those channels. I waited because I don't want to get hit with the price increase on losing my bundle discounts, and have not seen any Platinum channels. I suspect somehow your package was changed. How long have you had service? Did you sign up for the free 3 months of platinum recently perhaps?

You were correct CSR said I was not eligible for the free PLAT pkg because I had the PLAT free prmotion for 3 months. :rant: I told him, Matthew M, that it had expired on 8/4/2009 but I was charged for it on this bill. He kept on saying I was not eligible because I have it, finally I told him to check my payment history to see what he could do. He finally said he would give it to me because I was such a good customer. :up

It's very easy. You can do it on-line or call them.
iirc, they will charge you 5 bucks.

Not as long as you cancel on/before the promo end date. The online programming page had the ability to schedule the removal on the day it ran out for the HBO/Starz promo. Not sure if they're doing the same for this one.

You were correct CSR said I was not eligible for the free PLAT pkg because I had the PLAT free prmotion for 3 months. :rant: I told him, Matthew M, that it had expired on 8/4/2009 but I was charged for it on this bill. He kept on saying I was not eligible because I have it, finally I told him to check my payment history to see what he could do. He finally said he would give it to me because I was such a good customer. :up

These kinds of stories are the fuel driving Dish's demise. Nothing pizzes off customers more than not knowing where they stand. We really all simply want what we pay for, but call us crazy, we must know exactly what we're paying for.

It really doesn't matter if Dish is indeed that company run from somebody's garage or if their marketing includes such pervasive obfuscation by design. The impression we're left with is that they're incompetent morons.:eek::)

Ok, I'm a little confused about how the new changes(and prices) apply to existing customers with the old DVR advantage. If you currently enjoy a discount on your premium channels by having them "Bundled" with either the 250 bonus pack and/or HD access you will be "Grandfathered" on your prices but will not have the option to add the old Platinum HD package for free? Is this true? If you change your programming to add the new HD+Plat package you will lose your bundle discount on your premium movie packages.....2 for $20.00 etc......is this true?

Ok, I'm a little confused about how the new changes(and prices) apply to existing customers with the old DVR advantage. If you currently enjoy a discount on your premium channels by having them "Bundled" with either the 250 bonus pack and/or HD access you will be "Grandfathered" on your prices but will not have the option to add the old Platinum HD package for free? Is this true? If you change your programming to add the new HD+Plat package you will lose your bundle discount on your premium movie packages.....2 for $20.00 etc......is this true?

Yes this is true except that you do keep the bundle price for premium movie channels but the HD and Gold Bonus Pack no longer apply toward that total.

This is how it is now. No idea how Dish plans to handle existing customers and Platinum in the future. The PlatinumHD add in is gone so switching to the new system is the only way to gain access to those channels. They will make money in the long term by separating the HD and Gold Bonus Pack from the premium bundles. I think that they want everyone on the new system and are using the under performing Platinum package as incentive to switch. Now why the CSRs tell different things to different people, who knows?

FTV - I love seeing beautiful clothes so this channel is fun in small doses. This channel reminds me of Europe. They had it in all the hotels I stayed in a few years ago. Makes me excited for the new season of Project Runway too.
FTV-HD has now started showing an HD version of its popular FTV-SD program "Midnight Hot" (now called "Midnight Haute").

As before, it is shown every day at midnight Eastern Time, and consists of beautiful models in swimsuits and lingerie, including some Bikini show style photo shoots.

Most guys should find this program worthwhile, and most women will find the programs about clothing fashions worthwhile.

The latest word from the Exec offices at E* shows: 4 Movie Premiums + Playboy + HD & Platium = 6 ways to "bundle". Prior to 8/01, Add On HD was not considered as premium. Since the Platinum chs were included in Add On HD, the premium status now applies. Simply stated: If you had Add ON HD only, contact E* and request the Platinum chs to be added @ no extra charge. If you had Platinum contact E* and request $10 credit starting from 8/01. If you don't call for credit, within approx 2 mo, you will receive credit. Bundle as you wish. This info does not effect nor change DVR Advantage accts.

The latest word from the Exec offices at E* shows: 4 Movie Premiums + Playboy + HD & Platium = 6 ways to "bundle". Prior to 8/01, Add On HD was not considered as premium. Since the Platinum chs were included in Add On HD, the premium status now applies. Simply stated: If you had Add ON HD only, contact E* and request the Platinum chs to be added @ no extra charge. If you had Platinum contact E* and request $10 credit starting from 8/01. If you don't call for credit, within approx 2 mo, you will receive credit. Bundle as you wish. This info does not effect nor change DVR Advantage accts.

Unfortunately "HD & Platinum" does not bundle with movie packages.

Unfortunately "HD & Platinum" does not bundle with movie packages.

So what does HD & Platinum bundle with?

Anyone else get automatically switched back to paper billing after changing to the HD + Platinum pack? I noticed that my online status changed and just got a paper bill today.

Wonder if I will be able to get another 3 free months of HBO + Showtime if I go back to paperless :)

Dish keeps on changing mine to paperless. I get a "congratulatory" pre-recorded phone call every other month telling me how I am now automatically being enrolled in paperless billing. Within 20 seconds of receiving the call I am on my account on line switching it back to regular billing.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)