Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

Dont fight with them...

Just call them and if they give you a problem then cancel the HD package, pay the $5 downgrade charge. Then thank them and hang up.

Call back in and tell them you want to add the HD package. While they are adding it ask them if it includes the platinum page for free. They will say yes.

Thank them when they are done and now you are saving $120 a year. :)

That worked for me, thanks!

I was just able to upgrade my Gold HD to Gold & Plat HD and they said no extra monthly charges. I'm just worried the bundling benefits will be gone. My account says Classic Gold 250 vs Classic Silver 200 and Classic Gold Bonus Pack. I guess we will see in next month's bill. With the new pricing I think the bills will go up $5 if you had the 3 premium bundle.

Here's the transcript of my 5-minute chat. I'm rather pleased...

(23-12-3) Brad T.: Thank you for chatting with DISH Network, the leader in HD and DVR services. This is Brad T, Operator ID V6H. I will be happy to assist you today with any questions or concerns. Please allow 1-2 minutes for me to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: I show your needing to change your HD billing.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: I'd be glad to assist you with that today.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: That is correct, starting today, your Gold HD and Platinum HD package are the same package, for $10 alone rather than $10 each.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Would you like to proceed with that change?
Yes, that'd be great.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Okay, please give me a few moments to make that change for you.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: There is normally a $5 transaction fee for making this change, but since you a long time customer we will waive that as a courtesy.
great, thank you.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: All right, we have that changed for you effective today, and this will reflect on your next billing statement.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: You will also show some prorated credits for the old package on the next statement, in addition to the $10 less.
that's great. thank you.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
No, you've done a great job - thanks!
(23-12-3) Brad T.: I'm glad that we were able to assist you with your issue today. You can use tech.dishnetwork.com to troubleshoot your equipment. I hope that you are as excited as we are about your continuing service with us and hope you enjoy the lowest all-digital programming in America! Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, and have a great day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.

:)

I did my changes online and I simply said I was interested in changing from the Gold hd to the HD + platinum pack for the same price of $10.00. I then asked if I was being charged just 10.00 for both HD + plat pack and the rep said YES. I then checked my account online and it showed on the programming section I was indeed getting HD + plat pack. I did this on both accounts and no problems. I also asked if I was being charged for Classic Gold WITH dvr and he said yes on both accounts and that I would still be receiving the $3.00 dvr credit I was getting with dvr advantage. Sounds good to be. 11 extra hd channels for the same price as just hd and I still get the 3.00 dvr credit monthly. Next month will be the real test when i get my bills.

I just added the Platinum HD pack to my Turbo Gold account. I was surprised as I surfed the channels when I found that I also have FOX News HD!!!!!!

Funny, I had Brad T for both of my accounts that I changed today. He said it was funny" I just helped you didn't I? " Brad must be the only rep online today.:D

I'm figuring that Brad T must've been asked about this issue numerous times today, because he didn't ask me any additional info than I provided in my intro text before going into the chat. Basically, he just did it, with barely asking anything. Like you said, the real test will be in seeing next month's bill...

I just switched to HD & Platinum for my account and my mom's account with no problem. They even let me change from Classic Silver with 250 add-on to Classic 250 DVR advantage. It looks like they're letting everyone switch to the new packages.

Got on chat, explained I was confused about why I was not receiving the Platinum channels that are being advertised on the DISH website.

Before I copied the text, saved it in my DISH folder and ended the session, I was watching NHL Network...

11 extra HD channels for a price I can't turn down, $0.

ok can somebody help me out here?
I tried searching this thread, but no valid results.
I have the following currently on my bill:
dishHD Absolute with Locals - $34.99
DISH DVR - 5.98

I don't see anything like this on their website nor on this thread.
What kind of package do I have?
Will this be affected by the platinum HD package?

thanks in advance,
Ketan
I also don't see Vip922 listed on their website, would be interested in getting this, are they actually available from them?

Online Chat took about 5 minutes to add the platinum for free.
Without SatelliteGuys we would have never known about this.

I have to ask " Scott. When the hell is Charlie going to put you on payroll?

Hey guys, I went online today and just asked to have the Platinum HD channels added for free, and they guy complied right away without a problem. Didn't have to drop the HD package and add it. Hope it goes that easy for everyone else!

Hey guys, I went online today and just asked to have the Platinum HD channels added for free, and they guy complied right away without a problem. Didn't have to drop the HD package and add it. Hope it goes that easy for everyone else!

See my transcript I posted a little earlier. It was simple and took about 5 minutes...

Although I was told it would happen automatically, I chatted with Peter V. and it was the shortest conversation I have had with DISH in the 15 odd years that I've had DISH to get something accomplished.

I'm in heaven :angel:, that what could have been, and I was ready, a nightmare complete with that "you have a letter from the IRS" feeling, went smoothly. Just hope there are no surprises down the road. Like right after the deadline passes for the $6M CS fine. We'll see.

Now that I have wasted the 5-10 minutes that he said it would take to activate it. Time to check it out.

P.S.
Just in case, I saved the chat. I may be elated that this went smoothly, but as Fiona on BurnNotice says:
"If it's too good to be true, shoot it just in case."

Good Luck to those that haven't added it yet.

I called for my folk's account (they have the Gold 250 with HD), and had no problem getting the Platinum upgrade. :)

As an added bonus, I also asked about extending the Cinemax penny deal since later in August they will be one-year into a two-year commitment. The rep indicated that the program is automatically extended into the second year and I don't need to do anything for it to continue. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts