Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish is telling their DNS installers that the HDMI issues have been fixed and for them to use HDMI cables when installing for best picture quality.

Here is the note they sent out to their installers
HDMI and Component Cable Installations:
To insure that 411 and ViP series receivers are installed using the highest quality video cable available, Technicians should carry both component and HDMI cables when installing these model receivers. Previous technical issues with the HDMI connector on receivers have been resolved. Whenever possible these model receivers should be installed using the HDMI cable. When an HDMI connection is not available, the component cable should be used.

Offices are responsible for the ordering of both cable types.

• The Component (Y Pb Pr) cable will come in packages of 10 (part# 143397)
• The HDMI cable (part# 144446) will come in packages of 10 and will include the DVI to HDMI adapter.

Technicians should take the unused cable with them once the installation is complete, to be used on future installations.

I had a 211 installed a couple months ago and the installer tried to use rca cables and said the box didn't come with component cables. I had an extra pair laying around but shame on dish for not providing component cables.

I had a 211 installed a couple months ago and the installer tried to use rca cables and said the box didn't come with component cables. I had an extra pair laying around but shame on dish for not providing component cables.

Same here. Before the installer came out, I had a feeling that he would only bring component and I wanted to use HDMI. So I ordered an HDMI cable.

At the date of install the installer asks "Do you have any HD cables? We don't supply them". I find it hard to believe that they would install an HD receiver but only bring RCA cables. Luckily I had my HDMI.

Cheap bastards.

This is true, componet cables and HDMI cables do not come in the box.

However warehouse gives HDMI and Componet cables upon request of the installer.

Sub contractors I could not answer.

Other then that, this is cool, finally HDMI and 211 wErKz! :)

so does this mean that all the old 622's that the HDMI port does not work need to be replaced by dish with the newer 622 to get the port working again and no software will fix it?

When I got my 811 it came with component cables but the installer only hooked up the composite. He said he had never done an HD install before. Then when I got the 211 it only came with composite, but luckily I already had the component from the 811.

so does this mean that all the old 622's that the HDMI port does not work need to be replaced by dish with the newer 622 to get the port working again and no software will fix it?

How do we determine if we have the "old" or "new" 622? What would be the process if we have the "old"?

Wait, then is or isn't the HDMI out carrying the Dolby Digital signal out? I thought there was some issue with that still? I would like to run it though my Integra receiver and eliminate some wires.

I guess i was lucky on my install last august, the installer was working on mine, and asked if i had an HDMI cable, i told him i didn't, he came in from his van the next time and said "merry xmas" and gave me an HDMI, not sure about the quality fo the cable, but i have no complaints on pic quality (confirmed better than component), and the price was right :)

when I got my "dishin it up" 622, it had both HDMI->DVI, DVI->HDMI, and Component cables in the box. No DPP separator though.
(that's ok, I just kept the separator from the 721 on the cable :) )

Psst. There's not a significant difference between quality made "RCA" cables and component cables. If the conductor, shielding, and connector are quality made, you won't see a difference.

Psst. There's not a significant difference between quality made "RCA" cables and component cables. If the conductor, shielding, and connector are quality made, you won't see a difference.

Agreed!!

I wonder when they started rolling out the new receivers with the fixed HDMI connection?

I never tried mine based on all the complaints. Mine's about 4 months old.

Anyone know how you can tell if you have a fixed one or not?

Yeah again I think it will depend on where you live on how good the installers are. Some do better work than others.

I just got my 622 last week. I e-mail Dish before install and asked if the 622 came with an HDMI cable. The response back was: "No, only component cables are included with the 622". Therefore, I had to go out and buy the HDMI cable before the install. So far so good, HDMI connection is great. No problems. Must be the new line of receivers.

Dish install on 3-1 no HDMI

I had my new Dish HD DVR installed on 3/1 and the installers used the S Video and Componant connections. I had a new HDMI cable that I had bought and they said they did not need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)