Dish to expand HD

You all complain about your big city locals not being broadcasted in HD. BOO-HOO. You all can put up a small antenna and get them. You should try living in the middle of no where Iowa, where there are no locals, and you cannot get them through Allamerican Direct. No sympathy for you. I also wish for more HD channels, but we cannot get everything at once!!!

I'm in a smaller city also, and the only HD OTA comes from one low power transmitter that you need to be able to see to get. Move if you want locals.

You all complain about your big city locals not being broadcasted in HD. BOO-HOO. You all can put up a small antenna and get them. You should try living in the middle of no where Iowa, where there are no locals, and you cannot get them through Allamerican Direct. No sympathy for you. I also wish for more HD channels, but we cannot get everything at once!!!

I'm in Iowa and get mine just fine.

I didn't get far into the story before I found the first lie. 76 nationals? Where? There are not 76 nationals any way you try to spin it. How pathetic. They need to get to 76 before they can get to 100.

What are they counting as HD channels? regionals? um.. not nationals. NHL or NBA channels that broadcast a game a day on some of the channels on a season pass basis? um.. should not be included.

Nationals are channels like A&E, MHD, Discovery HD, etc... even Voom channels are HD nationals. How do these idiots do their math? I hate Dish more and more everyday.

We know you hate E*. We know.

Swanni says that there will be a formal announcement at the CES. I am sure he is talking about the press conference by Dish. Let just hope they will answer question if asked.

I didn't get far into the story before I found the first lie. 76 nationals? Where? There are not 76 nationals any way you try to spin it. How pathetic. They need to get to 76 before they can get to 100.

What are they counting as HD channels? regionals? um.. not nationals. NHL or NBA channels that broadcast a game a day on some of the channels on a season pass basis? um.. should not be included.

Nationals are channels like A&E, MHD, Discovery HD, etc... even Voom channels are HD nationals. How do these idiots do their math? I hate Dish more and more everyday.

Perhaps you need to decide once and for all if you're going to ride it out or jump off the wagon.

A lot of people have decided to ride it out and a lot of people have decided to jump off. Nothing wrong with either. As Dish HD customers, we have to decide if we're going to keep picking up the Dish Network remote or pick up the phone to call DirecTv or the Cable company.

they lied about having 76 "National" HD channels.List them if they have 76.At best I count 45. RSN's in HD can't be national since not all the same rsn's are on the 61.5 and 129

You can have both 61.5 and 129 hooked up to your receivers at the same time. I have a dish 1000+ (with 118.7 NC) pointed at 110/119/129 and a dish pointed at 61.5 in a DPP44 delivered to my receivers. Yes you have to pay $$ To get the extra dish, but it is available in the lower 48.

You can have both 61.5 and 129 hooked up to your receivers at the same time. I have a dish 1000+ (with 118.7 NC) pointed at 110/119/129 and a dish pointed at 61.5 in a DPP44 delivered to my receivers. Yes you have to pay $$ To get the extra dish, but it is available in the lower 48.
That does no one any good thats in the north east or south east that can't pick up the 129 at all. No one thought of that though!Not everyone has a 129 option.

Wiring help please

Can you explain how it is wired? I have the same configuration, but I have to connect either 129 or 61.5 depending on if in want the strong signal of 61.5 or the HD SportsSouth/FSN South

Can you explain how it is wired? I have the same configuration, but I have to connect either 129 or 61.5 depending on if in want the strong signal of 61.5 or the HD SportsSouth/FSN South

He has a DPP44 switch. I have 119/110/129 and 61.5 going to a DPP44 switch but there's no way to tell the receiver to choose only 61.5 or only 129. It will choose either one with no rhyme or reason.

He has a DPP44 switch. I have 119/110/129 and 61.5 going to a DPP44 switch but there's no way to tell the receiver to choose only 61.5 or only 129. It will choose either one with no rhyme or reason.

The DPP44 would only have room for 4 LNB's or does the "118.7 NC "in his message mean not connected

Either Portland and Bangor ME are too close on the map, or Dish has once again overlooked the Northern half of the state in order to serve the cable-oversaturated Southern half of the state. The Northern half has only some cable, while the Southern part has a majority of cable penetration.

DISH HD TIERS - Say it ain't so

Tiered HD sucks! Been there, done that - on cable. I switched to Dish to get away from that. Switching channels from tier to tier, suddenly not able to receive a channel only to find out that I now needed to pay more money, endless BS, Pay more AND MORE. Don't get me wrong, I expect to pay for satellite service, but I won't stay and endure constantly changing rates as new channels are added or deleted - whether SD or HD.

Tiered HD is what people said they wanted here.. They said they wanted to be able to JUST get SD simulcasts in HD. Those people will get what they want.

I don't see the big deal as long as I don't pay more than what I do now. If the big plan stays at 20 bucks, and there's a 10$ option for those who want just SD simulcasts, then life is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)