dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only legal action I see is dish going after fox for their censor statement. However, I do not see that as being likely, more them using it to get the autohop lawsuit thrown out.

Not for what they said their demand that a contract be broken. I too am not sure where legal action would go (but I still think it could happen) but I can see this tactic getting the interest of Congress/FCC. These negotiations are already quite one sided, why go through all the work of making a contract to have one side demand it be broken.

As did/will every other provider. But proportionately, Dish is still less expensive. Now if you don't mind that changing, sure, pay the pipers.

Reactions: Tampa8
And once again not as much as it would be if DISH just paid what everyone wants. If no programmers raised rates DISH would likely need to for costs increasing each year. But I think you know that......

Reactions: Brussam
Really?

Dispute happened, we lost channels, then got a price increase.

Sounds very familiar.

Can't counter with you if you are not going to stick to what you said and my answer to it. Making general remarks that don't address what you said makes it impossible.
We did not lose ANY channels with Disney no matter how many times you say it, we lost the HD version, I was able to watch the Disney channels, I can not watch the the two Fox stations. One situation had no contract and thus the programmer denied use of the HD version, the other there is a contract and the programmer refuses to allow two of their channels to be on DISH unless that contract is broken. Even the results contrary to what you say are not the same. The fact that prices went up is actually irrelevant because they are going to, it's a matter of how much.

Can't counter with you if you are not going to stick to what you said and my answer to it. Making general remarks that don't address what you said makes it impossible.
We did not lose ANY channels with Disney no matter how many times you say it, we lost the HD version, I was able to watch the Disney channels, I can not watch the the two Fox stations. One situation had no contract and thus the programmer denied use of the HD version, the other there is a contract and the programmer refuses to allow two of their channels to be on DISH unless that contract is broken. Even the results contrary to what you say are not the same.
Although I was on the dish side of things this whole time, I was starting to see things Empires way. This actuslly makes much more sense, in this description, and a wonderful way of describing it. Thank you.

Reactions: Tampa8
Really, we didn't just have another price increase?

Yep, but it would be much more than that had Dish not held the line. Admit that, please. Dish's rates are much lower than the competitors, admit that.

If you want to pay more and get Fox News right now, you have options. Please go for it. You signed up for Dish because it cost less, so this is why you are still here.

You apparently fail to realize that Dish would also being paying less to the content providers for smaller bundles, as well.

No, I am fully aware of that. You fail to understand all the back room fixed costs that have to be captured across the fewer channels (and revenue) a customer subscribes to. You are over simplifying life, unfortunately.

Yep, on the soundbite, shallow surface.

yes, and that is the way a majority of subscribers looks at it.

the prices have been looked at before, and dish is ~$5 less for a comparable dtv package. there has been an insane amount of excuse making over this dispute compared to any of the others (not just here, shocker....lol).

it's pretty simple- subscribers pay dish for the service, and it is dish's responsibility to keep their business responsibilities in check. yes, other providers have had disputes, but dish leads in number and duration.

Yep, but it would be much more than that had Dish not held the line. Admit that, please. Dish's rates are much lower than the competitors, admit that.

prove it.

it has been shown many times dish is ~$5 less than a comparable dtv package. neither can compare to a cable bundle.

Yes they did. They wanted more money for the same exact channels.... GASP..... Lmao

Or is it always dish pulling the channels?
Disney requested a high increase, and I think many people at this board have indicated how they feel about it. They over bid for programming and then force us to pay for it.

Fox lost programming rights, split up channels and diluted their programming. And now they want higher fees for those channels that are still under contract and are using FNC viewers as pawns to do it.

Just received an email with two PPV certificates! If this is part of the DishStandsByYou, this is the best channel dispute of all time! Does TLC want to have a dispute? ;) Granted, I've never used one, but maybe I will this time around.

I'm not sure if anyone cares but during Dish's retailer chat yesterday they stated that the average Dish customer's bill is $75 and the average DirecTV customer's bill is $105. I'm not sure whether that is accurate or not but that's a significant difference.

The rates between the two aren't that disparate. I'm sure Sunday Ticket has a lot to do with those numbers.

i just wish this was done and over with these dispute so i can be alot happier

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)