dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah, but that is a choice you make.

dtv packages are higher, but not by much- as has been shown here many, many times.

Are we looking at what can be or what's most likely. It's smart to compare the average customer and not what you could do. If we use your thinking then we could just compare the two provider's cheapest offerings, the Welcome Pack and Select. Looks like Dish is cheaper by $30.

You too are wrong, why not go to the Direct Site and pick one DVR in one room and do it with DISH instead of generalizing wrongly. Then pick two, then pick three. Did you know Direct now charges for the first DVR and DISH does not, just as starters?
I'm just going with what I've heard. I've checked multiple times with Directv for a single receiver that gives me similar options that the 722k does (if it exists, may not even be apples to apples).

All I know is that Dish is cheaper for me. I'd switch to Directv if it made economic sense, but I actually went from Directv to Dish because of the savings, and it is still cheaper. No pom poms... just cheaper. And while the 722k is no Hopper, it is still a solid piece of equipment!

Reactions: ChadT41
Are we looking at what can be or what's most likely. It's smart to compare the average customer and not what you could do. If we use your thinking then we could just compare the two provider's cheapest offerings, the Welcome Pack and Select. Looks like Dish is cheaper by $30.

realistically, it would be at120 vs entertainment.

but, if you wanted to do that, then neither could ever come close to cable's lifeline service, lol.

Reactions: Scherrman
I'm just going with what I've heard.

That's the problem, it isn't mildly less, do some of you think we are making up these figures? Approx $200 a year is a tremendous difference. DISH has made the VIP receivers the real deal compared to other providers for 1, 2, 3 rooms. (all that I have compared)
Unless or until people use actual figures for an actual set up as we are doing it's facts against fiction. These savings comes from not having some RSN's, and from these types of negotiations among other things. And that's the point, there is a substantial savings to be had from these disputes, AND you can get ask for other discounts.
You can avoid as many disputes (certainly not all) and pay more with other providers and some just want their channels and are willing to pay more. That's why there are choices.

FYI, I consider $10 a month "mildly" less. I use the term mildly because it is a much more mild difference than say Uverse or Time Warner.

Oh snap! You got me on that one. Very true.

yeah, you can make all kinds of different equipment combinations and make them work in your favor for either side.

but using those, and 1 receiver, you are looking at $63.99/mo vs $54.99/mo.

if you really want to get crazy, then lets consider state recovery fees in the overall cost........LMFAO

DVR fee is on our bill.
For the first receiver DirecTV would have an "advance receiver fee" of $15(analog to Dish's DVR fee) + a $6 TV fee(Dish only charges for 2nd and later TVs). $21 in equipment fees out of the gate for Directv vs $12 (Hopper DVR fee) for Dish.

It's the $6 (soon to be $6.50) TV fee Dish does not have an equivalent of for the first TV.

Reactions: Tampa8
yeah, you can make all kinds of different equipment combinations and make them work in your favor for either side.

but using those, and 1 receiver, you are looking at $63.99/mo vs $54.99/mo.

if you really want to get crazy, then lets consider state recovery fees in the overall cost........LMFAO
Get me a receiver relative to the 722k and any package with TCM and NBCSN cheaper on Directv than Dish.

For the first receiver DirecTV would have an "advance receiver fee" of $15(analog to Dish's DVR fee) + a $6 TV fee(Dish only charges for 2nd and later TVs). $21 in equipment fees out of the gate for Directv vs $12 (Hopper DVR fee) for Dish.

It's the $6 (soon to be $6.50) TV fee Dish does not have an equivalent of for the first TV.

that's equipment...... if you drive a mercedes, expect it to cost more.

that's equipment...... if you drive a mercedes, expect it to cost more.
Please show me how you can watch any programming without a single receiver? Does Direct offer a receiver where there is no fee for the first box? For example, my grandmother has a VIP 222 feeding two TVs and yet has no hardware costs because the first box is free on Dish. My understanding is that new subs must now pay $6 for the first receiver on the account. Regardless of receiver. Regardless of feature set. Might as well add that $6 to all Direct base package prices because you need a receiver to watch the content so there's no way for a new customer to avoid the fee.

Empire, just for giggles, can you go to the directv site, build a fake work order with the equipment and programming you would want, take a screen shot of it, including the post 12 month discount, and post the screen shot here. I know for me, dish was significantly different, but I would be interested in seeing the difference in the most comparable equipment for you between the two companies. I beleive I had a difference of $15-20 per month, but I cannot remember anymore.

Also, there was a big difference when I included the genie Go's or whatever they are called, as I would want to be able to continue to take my programming with me. If you plan on using a sling box on a phone or tablet, include that $14.99 fee in there too.

One room.
Top 250 79.99
DVR fee $10 CORRECTED to $7
Total $90 CORRECTED to $87

Ultimate $81.99
Fees DVR $15
Fees First Receiver $6
RSN fee (for me and many) $3
Total $103.00 or $106.00
Savings with DISH of $16 to $18 a month, nearly $200 a year.

Savings will increase some after both raise their rates. You can pick any two comparable packages as DISH is generally $2 to $3 dollars less no matter the package. Sling can be used without additional monthly charge. VIP 612 has built in OTA receiver.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)