dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
hey guys and gals check this out if you go to the dishstandsbyyou website my mom just got this in a email check this out.my moms name is Jackie

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding Fox on DISHStandsForYou.com.

We know what you really want is to get your FOX programming back and we appreciate your patience during this process. As a small token of our appreciation, we have applied a one-time credit of $50 to your account. ¹

¹Non-transferable. Credit only valid for customer listed at this email address. Must be subscriber at time credit is applied. No cash value if account is cancelled prior to credit issuance.

Sincerely,
DISH

thanks

Allen bluegras
illinois

Wow, that is too generous! They would be smarter just to give $15 x 3 months to make sure she doesn't cancel early.

How long have y'all been a customer Allen? Just curious, was wondering if it mattered. Thanks for letting us know.

Wow, that is too generous! They would be smarter just to give $15 x 3 months to make sure she doesn't cancel early.

I received both without even threatening to leave. Dish is taking this seriously, and they should. I can move to DTV, have FNC and save $500 the 1st year.

its been a couple of years you guys my mom and i sent them a postive message that we want foxnews channel back asap and i wanted to have the blaze added in HD fulltime.oh there is a way to watch foxnews channel on your roku i can tell you how to do it for you. but it would nice to have foxnews and fox business channel added back on dish.my mom is not going to cancel but i just wish this dispute is done and over with.

Last edited:
I got the same e-mail this morning. I never expected to see it and certainly didn't ask for it. I've been with Dish this time for almost exactly a year.

its been a couple of years you guys my mom and i sent them a postive message that we want foxnews channel back asap and i wanted to have the blaze added in HD fulltime.oh there is a way to watch foxnews channel on your roku i can tell you how to do it for you. but it would nice to have foxnews and fox business channel added back on dish.my mom is not going to cancel but i just wish this dispute is done and over with.

As far as I know, ROKU only has various FOX videos, it doesn't stream FOX News live. Anyway, I'm considering getting the basic Direct package (19.95) in addition to keeping my Dish AEP because this FOX dispute may be long term. After a year, i'll decide which one to keep and which one to drop. If I elect to keep Direct, i'll upgrade to their Premier package. I prefer Dish because I'm more interested in movies and other entertainment than sports. The sports provided by Dish is adequate for my watching needs.

Reactions: space86
Yesterday I filled it out and thanked Dish for holding firm. I didn't get any email for a credit and don't expect one either. But I appreciate Dish is drawing a line in the sand against these ridiculous price increases and forced bundling issues.

Yesterday I filled it out and thanked Dish for holding firm. I didn't get any email for a credit and don't expect one either. But I appreciate Dish is drawing a line in the sand against these ridiculous price increases and forced bundling issues.
I agree with this, and with DWarren. I do not care for any of the National News Networks, but I do know that there are people that do. I want everyone to be satisfied with their programming, and am not even against a price hike for FNC. What I would be against is a major unneeded price hike that was unreasonable. I especially do not want anyone to pay more for the channels I watch, if they do not like them. There is so much available on the internet, and other channels, it is hard to be so devoted to just one. Even with AMC down, there was still things going on my DVR constantly, so I still had stuff to watch. My theory on how to look at channel take downs, if they are about to go into a season, is I just consider the shows cancelled, and move on to my next fix. If they come back, HOORAY... If they take longer then expected, oh well. It is to much to be so devoted to a television channel, that honestly just wants to decide what I will like anyways(CBS and FOX are the most notorious of this, cancelling good shows like VEGAS). Just move on to the next program, it is truly a simple answer.

I agree with this

Me Five. I left a support message and asked for no credit. I did ask that they find enough bandwidth to keep The Blaze in HD when this ends. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. I promised not to bitch in April when the first few Mariner games are only available in SD. Really. Cross my heart and hope to die. (And at my age, I have to think about that before I say it. :))

I just left some unpleasant remarks and while I am not a fan of Fox News, I am sick and tired of all these disputes. Dish argues that the content provider is asking for some sort of absurd rate increase and in order to keep costs down, they have fight for a better rate. Yet prices continue to rise each year. While Dish maybe the cheaper of the content providers, what difference does it make when you pay less and get less. I'd actually like to see them provide a some sort of credit to everyone who should be getting Fox News. I am in no ways a fan of the content providers who's tactics are just about as absurd as you can get but in the end fair is fair and no one should be paying the same rate when getting less.

Reactions: GaryPen and Mark609
i left them a good remark and i told them to lets up keep the blaze in HD after the dispute ends i think maybe that can find enough bandwidth to add the blaze in HD on channel 212 it would be greatly appreciated.

I just left some unpleasant remarks and while I am not a fan of Fox News, I am sick and tired of all these disputes. Dish argues that the content provider is asking for some sort of absurd rate increase and in order to keep costs down, they have fight for a better rate. Yet prices continue to rise each year. While Dish maybe the cheaper of the content providers, what difference does it make when you pay less and get less. I'd actually like to see them provide a some sort of credit to everyone who should be getting Fox News. I am in no ways a fan of the content providers who's tactics are just about as absurd as you can get but in the end fair is fair and no one should be paying the same rate when getting less.

DISH does not charge you ONE DIME when they add a channel in the middle of a year, so why would they simply drop your subscription price during a dispute? And guess what, prices would most likely go up even if programmers didn't raise their rates. Employee wages among too many costs involved in running a business to list go up sometimes a few times during a year. The answer for you is to get Direct TV with less blackouts (Although they have another one right now with another looming) and depending on your equipment and packages pay $180+ more a year. Your choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)