dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A message crawl on a Fox channel speaking ill of Dish or a 24/7 Dish channel speaking ill of Fox.

A message crawl on a Fox channel speaking ill of Dish to all viewers across the country or a 24/7 Dish channel speaking ill of Fox to just Dish subscribers who seek out the channel.
Fixed.

Reactions: Tampa8
The way you guys are always defending Dish, I am going to start calling you "Charlie's Angels", referring to Charlie Ergen, of course.
There are certainly a few here who blindly defend Dish and Charlie's every move and decision. I am not one of them.

But, Fox is in the wrong here. Dish has agreed to a new contract price for FNC and FBN. But, Fox wants to renegotiate the contracts on other Fox properties as part of the FNC/FBN negotiation. And, now they are simply lying that Dish is trying to censor them, using the same sort of exaggerated rhetoric they use for almost every topic they cover, knowing how well it usually works to gin up their regular viewership.

There is simply nothing political about this dispute. It is purely financial. In fact, it is a prime example of the free-market capitalism the anchors are always extolling on FBN.

I am a Millenial, and can I be the first to say... Millenials are the worst generation that has existed. We are self entitled, refuse to work for anything, crying little babies. That said, yes, you older folks are cynical. And rightfully so. But you must admit, because of your experience, it is easier for the larger crowd to be stuck in their ways. Millenials do not stand for anything, and the older generation stands firm, even if they are wrong. lol.

I agree. Ungrateful, entitled bastards! Part of me feels I should have grown up in the 70's but I'd miss all the tech I've grown up with now. ??

Reactions: ChadT41
What is the point in even have a contract for a channel if you do not follow the contract through? What would stop Fox from demanding more money in the middle of a contract for Fox News if they are demanding more for another channel in the middle of a different contract? Then whats to stop others from doing the same thing? I'm surprised that they do not base their pay based on their ratings.

Last edited:
There are certainly a few here who blindly defend Dish and Charlie's every move and decision. I am not one of them.

But, Fox is in the wrong here. Dish has agreed to a new contract price for FNC and FBN. But, Fox wants to renegotiate the contracts on other Fox properties as part of the FNC/FBN negotiation. And, now they are simply lying that Dish is trying to censor them, using the same sort of exaggerated rhetoric they use for almost every topic they cover, knowing how well it usually works to gin up their regular viewership.

There is simply nothing political about this dispute. It is purely financial. In fact, it is a prime example of the free-market capitalism the anchors are always extolling on FBN.

I have DDL paperwork waiting for you..... :biggrin

You bad mouth their content and insult their viewers and say it has nothing to do with politics. All I know is that they are the most pro American news channel out there (in my opinion) and that is why I watch them. What their parent company does, I can do nothing about.

Reactions: knotle

And I agree completely. The suits at Fox never expected it would play out this way. I find this whole dispute more entertaining than actually watching Fox News! :)

If this was just about Fox News I would stand by my first comments on this that DISH had to find a way to keep it. I would have thought this is one of a few times Charlie would just have to pay more than he really wanted. (And he alludes to that in the video) But you are right, when Fox held Fox News hostage with channels already under contract and DISH in this case did not want to renegotiate them, I don't think FOX thought it would go this long.

All I know is that they are the most pro American news channel out there (in my opinion) and that is why I watch them..

Well, you used to watch them....I hear ratings are down and they kicked a bunch of subscribers to the curb trying to get more for their other channels. You mean nothing to them. Just keep that in mind. I hear Mr. Ergen is laughing at them, saying he told them so....he'll win this battle. Fox should have kept the Fox News channel issue to the Fox News Channel issue. When Fox retorts and cries censorship you know Dish is winning the war.

If I were Dish I would not return the channel until Fox dismisses all legal action on the Hopper and comes to reasonable terms on all other contracts coming due soon.

I am not sure how DISH is censoring FOX News, when DISH does not have permission froM FOX News to carry their signal.

Fox is Censoring Fox News on DISH.

Again Fox News could be back on DISH TODAY if the contract was only for Fox News and Fox Business. Thats a choice FOX needs to make.

When you state things in such plain simple language, I don't see how blind ignorance would ever listen?

Dish charges me for a lot of channels I do not want in order to get the few I do want. Dish bundles them in ever more expensive packages. Dish wants fox news ala carte in their negotiations from the other fox channels that fox is trying to bundle into a package. Fox has turned the tables on dish. How much is QVC worth to you? Why is it in my lineup? Oh, dish bundled it with the 10 channels I do want.

Whoa, where to start.

I have never seen so much wrong in one post.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAB
Dish charges me for a lot of channels I do not want in order to get the few I do want. Dish bundles them in ever more expensive packages. Dish wants fox news ala carte in their negotiations from the other fox channels that fox is trying to bundle into a package. Fox has turned the tables on dish. How much is QVC worth to you? Why is it in my lineup? Oh, dish bundled it with the 10 channels I do want.
First, the shopping and inspirational channels pay to be carried on dish. That helps keep the costs lower. Secondly, bundled channels are the product of the channel owners. Keep in mind dish at one point, offered ala carte packaging. I have heard DTV did as well. Networks did not make the money they wanted, so now require channels be placed in certain packages. Of course dish has to approve their choice, but ultimately it is the networks who require certain channels in certain packages to increase revenue of their lower viewed channels.

Reactions: PortlandChris
I am a Millenial, and can I be the first to say... Millenials are the worst generation that has existed. We are self entitled, refuse to work for anything, crying little babies. That said, yes, you older folks are cynical. And rightfully so. But you must admit, because of your experience, it is easier for the larger crowd to be stuck in their ways. Millenials do not stand for anything, and the older generation stands firm, even if they are wrong. lol.
Luckily, I am rarely wrong.

I was wrong once. But, I could be wrong about that.

I must admit that when I first found out that I lost Fox News I was very unhappy with Dish Network. I wanted out of my contract. I was just very upset. Now that time has passed I have cooled down and looked at the big picture I am very upset with fox corp. I think i will boycott all fox channels till they get thier head out of thier a**. I may never watch fox news like I have in the past.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)