dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has anyone who is still in contract gotten the credits? It's been over 2 weeks since I sent my email thru the "dishstandsforyou" site and nothing yet. Seems like they would be handing out more credits to those out of contract who may be more likely to switch. I've still got over a year to go in contract.

It's why I let it go for three pages. :)
It is still irrelevant to the entire point of the black-out, really. As I mentioned in a previous post. Even if Dish were the most expensive service on the planet I would support them, or any other carrier that stood up to this "negotiation" tactic.
I would suggest that this FOX negotiating tactic is the result of frustration on their part because I'm reasonably certain they thought Ergin would have capitulated by now. Also, I've read that the FNC ratings are down a bit over 21% since leaving Dish. I'm not certain if this number is accurate, but if it is, that's got to be taking a bite out of their revenue.
In any event, it would seem that this impasse promises to be a long term affair.

The 21% number is a little contrived, but they absolutely got hit with a massive audience loss compared to the same period last year. Whether it's all due to Dish is arguable. But I know the loss of 14 million potential households has to have had an effect.

Here is a fairly recent article

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/fo...down-over-21-dish-blackout-started/2015-01-08
Fox News' total audience performance has declined by 21.4 percent since its parent company removed it from 14 million Dish Network (NASDAQ: DISH) homes on Dec. 20, according to Nielsen ratings data pulled exclusively for FierceCable by the research department of a leading media agency.

According to the data, the leading cable news network averaged 970,000 viewers age 2 and older over a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week measurement from Dec. 20, 2013 to Jan. 7, 2014.

Using the same metric over the same span this year, Nielsen found that the 21st Century Fox-owned network averaged 762,000 viewers aged 2 and older.

Has anyone who is still in contract gotten the credits? It's been over 2 weeks since I sent my email thru the "dishstandsforyou" site and nothing yet. Seems like they would be handing out more credits to those out of contract who may be more likely to switch. I've still got over a year to go in contract.
Yes. I'm still under contract.

I was sure wrong on this deal...I would have bet a days pay this would be settled quickly...how long did the CNN shut down go on?

Yes. I'm still under contract.

My account is probably flagged for no discounts ever because I complained to my State AG consumer complaint dept. about Dish's practice of charging state sales tax on discounts. In other words charging tax on amounts you don't actually pay. I simply pointed out that DTV does not do this and they refused to give me credit for the tax until I contacted the AG.

...According to the data, the leading cable news network averaged 970,000 viewers age 2 and older over a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week measurement from Dec. 20, 2013 to Jan. 7, 2014.

Using the same metric over the same span this year, Nielsen found that the 21st Century Fox-owned network averaged 762,000 viewers aged 2 and older.
2 and over?! Vamanos!
I was sure wrong on this deal...I would have bet a days pay this would be settled quickly...how long did the CNN shut down go on?
I was stunned too, until I found out it was over non-contract related channels. Now I'm stunned that Fox is holding out this long.

I just got an e-mail from Dish with 2 PPV Certs with a link. I haven't done a thing regarding complaining to Dish as I'm in agreement with the action taken. No I haven't read my contract either too many weasel words in those papers. From where I come from the AMA and the ABA should have never been allowed to advertise on broadcast or video outlets.

Reactions: Yespage
I just got an e-mail from Dish with 2 PPV Certs with a link. I haven't done a thing regarding complaining to Dish as I'm in agreement with the action taken. No I haven't read my contract either too many weasel words in those papers. From where I come from the AMA and the ABA should have never been allowed to advertise on broadcast or video outlets.

I got the two PPVs also. No idea why. Maybe this was not related to the dispute and perhaps it's for something else???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
I never watch Fox News so I have not missed anything. Therefore I feel no need to be compinsated for not having them around.

Did get the PPV coupons, which we will gladly use. Don't watch PPV without them!
I typically agree. But the website allows feedback in general about the dispute. I responded that I supported Dish in this dispute. I didn't BS anything about being a lifetime FNC fan, about the complete opposite. I think it is important to offer supporting feedback to let them know we do understand their position.

I have noticed that the Banners directing Dish customers to switch have stopped appearing. A few days ago it was just the main page that had stopped. Now I'm not seeing it on any of them. Maybe they are close. My uncle said he was switching at Christmas because he had lost the channel. I told him it could happen on his new provider next just the same.

Fox has disappointed me with their "Censoring" language.

Of course next we may lose CBS locally as Dish and Griffin are feuding over price. I can't wait to tell Griffin that i'm watching it OTA for free :).

Reactions: WXIK K-96
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)