Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Woke up and turned the news on ABC and noticed DISH spokesperson going through his spiel that I’ve see so many times in the past. Just another blah blah blah carriage dispute. I’ll survive.

I think we know why ABC in Chicago has the wrong programming guide now...they were changing the programming guide for the dispute and linked the wrong data to the programming guide.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Man, that's a lot of channels

1664624069418.png

Foxbat, Jr., will be most upset! (Not to mention Foxbat, Sr.!)

At least Fox Sports is separate from Fox Studios.

The other part I am curious on is if this drags out, what does it do for Dish and their price increase? Last year they increased prices on Nov 16. Here in Illinois there is a law that we have to be notified of any price increase at least 30 days in advance, which if Dish is on the same timetable, that is coming quickly. (At least I think that law is still in effect...) If Dish is missing that many channels, I cant see the justification of a price increase.

Man, that's a lot of channels

View attachment 158766
And all the programming from those channels ( except for ESPN) is on Disney’s streaming services, Hulu and Disney+, some on ESPN+, now before/same day/day after as they are on Traditional Channels.

I wonder if Dish is using that fact in the negotiations to get pricing down since the programming is no longer exclusive to Traditional Providers.

I think this will be the thing that pushes me to sign up for the F1 streaming service, cut ESPN out of the whole process.

edit: Subscribed. Sorry, ESPN. I could drop National Sports Pack from my Dish, but I will need to consult the Foxbat Family before I pull that ripcord.

Last edited:
Glad I have Hulu for FX, etc. I'll get ABC OTA. I never watch ESPN.

I think we know why ABC in Chicago has the wrong programming guide now...they were changing the programming guide for the dispute and linked the wrong data to the programming guide.
You called that one right. I had to set up some manual timers for 7.1 OTA. I wonder if we will get a credit for the outage.

It would have been nice to have been given a heads up . I put on my news this morning and thought the freeking hopper didn’t record it than a saw the prerecorded joke.

They wanted to continue offering the channels as talks continued but Disney made them take them down.