OTHER DMSI VBox7 shift problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
It has come to my attention that there is likely a issue with a production run of VBox7s. I had a late model DMSI VBox7 NIB on the shelf and decided to do a project with it. I began to notice many differences between this unit and it's predecessor VBox7. I discovered that the "Shift" feature did not work also. I checked with other VBox owners and indeed the shift function was found to be not working in the other units of the same build. Now there is a mistake in the owner's manual sent with these units. It gives the wrong procedure for the shift operation. The very same mistake is written into the VBox II manuals also. :( But no matter how you try the unit doesn't respond to the shift button.
I am wondering if other people have come across this issue. These late model VBoxes have a different firmware in them. One way to tell is when the unit is "off" the decimal point that stays lit on the display will be the 3rd digit. The earlier ones will have the second digit lit.
Another difference is the motor/ sensor connectors. The late model will have all the connections in a row. The early one has them arranged in a square pattern.
Does your late model VBox 7 have a working shift function?

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)