DMX741 Universal LNBF Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok then you're good. It is a standard then. Universal would be LNB frequency 9750/10600 (for low and high band) but since they say 10750 then it is a standard

>I bought had been dead. I still have yet to buy another 4DTV receiver.

Take a look on eBay, there's some for as little as $60.00 in the last couple of weeks. There was even a guy selling a dozen, new in the box for under $200.

I think the splitter you want is S8231D Sadoun 2_way Satellite CATV splitter or equivalent.
The unit you used to is a Diplexer. Combines or splits by band, 1 port passes freqs below 900mhz(OTA), the other passes 950-2500mhz(LNB I.F.).

I'm still not clear on how I'm going to connect things but I did find that I have a Winegard DP-3020 and a Aspen D-2100LX Diplexer which I used a while back to combine the HD ant with DTV coax.

Sorry, still not getting it :).

At the moment, I'll have the 410 and the geosat. I can use one cable into the geosat then loop out to the 410. However, I'm better off using the two cables I have going to the dish because I'd like to try a pc based receiver which doesn't have a loop back out.

So, I've got the LNBF, just not quite sure how it's going to be connected now.

The manual does indeed suggest using two cables after all. I'll post it here in case someone searches in the future.
So in effect, this is a single KU and C-Band LNBF. The KU output is on the end and the C-band is the RCV output.

Ku Only - Receive only Ku signal
Connect your receiver to the end piece of the DMX LNBF

C Only - Receive only C signal
Connect your receiver to the side "LNB" port of the DMX LNBF

C/Ku 1- Coaxial - Receive both C and Ku via 1 coaxial cable using the built in switch
Using the supplied jumber, connect the end piece connector to the "LNB" port and connect your receiver to the "RCV" port of the DMX LNBF

C/Ku Separate Coaxial - Receive both C and Ku with your 4DTV receiver or external switch
Run cable from end piece of the DMX LNBF for Ku reception and run cable to the side port marked as "RCV" for C band reception.

The manual states; Please note, to use this LNBF with your 4DTV satellite receiver, please do not use jumper cable supplied. Please run a separate Ku line and a separate C band line to your 4DTV satellite receiver.

In my case, I want both KU and C-Band on the geosat which has loop out which sounds like I could use the loop cable. But if I don't use that, then I end up with two individual connections, yet need KU and C-Band combined so I can have it on my geosat or the PCI card which doesn't have loop out.

I don't have a breakout box so would have to order one which would not be here til next week some time. What can I do in the meantime? Or would it be best to wait til I get a combiner if there's no other way really.

Mike

Last edited:
http://www.wsidigital.com/dmx-lnb/DMX741 INSTALL MANUAL.pdf

Please
note, to use this LNBF with your 4DTV satellite receiver, please do not use jumper cable supplied.
Please run a separate Ku line and a separate C band line to your 4DTV satellite receiver.

I just read the above sounds like you're right two cables.

But since there is nothing anymore on KU Band for the 4DTV that point is moot. Back a year or so ago when Oklahoma PBS and Georgia PBS were still on KU Band in DCII mode then yes you needed the KU side. Since OETA went to AMC21 DVB S2 and GPB is off satellite there is nothing on KU anymore for DCII and therefore you can use the jumper

C/Ku 1- Coaxial - Receive both C and Ku via 1 coaxial cable using the built in switch

In my case, I want both KU and C-Band on the geosat which has loop out which sounds like I could use the loop cable. But if I don't use that, then I end up with two individual connections, yet need KU and C-Band combined so I can have it on my geosat or the PCI card which doesn't have loop out.

I don't have a breakout box so would have to order one which would not be here til next week some time. What can I do in the meantime? Or would it be best to wait til I get a combiner if there's no other way really.

Mike

Mike
Use the jumper wire...simple and problem solved. Folks are over analyzing what old manuals say which is confusing people. All your C-Band satellites are already set up properly. The KU satellites need to be set as LNB Frequency 10750 and 22k ON. You'll have to set up the G-Box too so if you pick a channel on either (example) 91W C-Band or 91W Ku Band the dish moves to the spot. Right now it will move if you select 91W C-Band but not KU

The 410 receiver you have only works with W5 which is a C-Band satellite. Use the loop out to go to the 410. Or if you want to use the loop out on the Geosat and go to the PC card you can.

Ok, I'll go single wire only then.
One more question before I head out there.
I'm assuming I just replace the other LNBF with this one in the exact same position and depth? I usually just set it up for W5 then what ever I get for FTA from there is what I get.

If you got the 741 there should be on the KU end of the LNB a 30//////0//////30 markings which is skew. Unlike the 242 you have there right now the 741 skew is legit. So 0 skew is top or bottom (12 or 6) NOT 90 degrees off. Make sure you are on 93W (true south satellite) before replacing the LNB to make it easier to line up ;)

Yes, the skew was indeed different than the old LNBF. Guess I didn't really notice where it ended up but it's way different than it was.

What I've done since day one is to have the dish on 105 for W5 and use that as my starting point. I wasn't able to get a really big signal but I did get a reasonable 60 on my 410. I'll get out there again tomorrow and tune things up a little more.

Right now, I'm eager to get some KU channels going :).

BTW, do I still leave the C-Band satellites as Standard 5150?
Strange that I don't see any way of adding a satellite on the geo either.
Lygnsat shows theres a C and KU bird at 125 but I only have one on the geo.

BTW, do I still leave the C-Band satellites as Standard 5150?
yes
Strange that I don't see any way of adding a satellite on the geo either.
Lygnsat shows theres a C and KU bird at 125 but I only have one on the geo.
is there an option at the end of the satellite list that says "new sat 1"?

>is there an option at the end of the satellite list that says "new sat 1

The last listing is called 'Newssat01' but doesn't seem to allow editing name or anything. The manual doesn't say a thing about creating new satellites.

Been scanning for KU signals, not finding much up there. Noticed all of my C-Band birds are low signal too which means I need to fine tune the LNB skew or something.

I keep wanting to buy tester but always figure it'll do too much sitting. Kinda hard to do this in Winter :).

>I still have yet to buy another 4DTV receiver.

Was looking on ebay for some stuff and see some 410's starting for only $49.00.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)